Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: CM01/02 Updater (a DB/Pre-Game Editor)

vCash
    Looking forward for injection option at updater...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post

With regards to moving players from one team to another, this can already be done via the Updater import function (see the staff_update.csv/xml file).
    Tried using the Import option mate but keep getting "is not compatible with database editing" message. Here is the file I've used https://www.sendspace.com/file/f1ci1u

Settings: CSV, Full Date of Birth, Long Names, Standard Text

vCash
    First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to archibalduk for all your great work. While I hate to add to myriads of requests, I was wondering what the status is of making the tool backwards compatible with 00/01. I had to move some clubs around in my DB and need to update staff histories to match. I don't fancy moving ~1000 entries around by hand. Interestingly, v0.0.1 of the tool allows me to export my 00/01 staff_history.dat as a .csv file (XML does not work), while all subsequent versions will crash when trying to export it in any format. It seems the earlier version was able to read 00/01 well enough, but I'm sure the format had to be updated to make importing back into 01/02 work properly. I used my v0.0.1 extraction to sift through the players and see who needs updating, but it would be wonderful to be able to inject my changes back in en masse. Thanks.

vCash
    I've been using the CA Ranges option, nice job

A very handy addition to this would be average of top 11 players in terms of CA by league per club. If that's possible maybe a page to list Managers CA by league by club also would be incredibly convenient.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    What happened to the progress of this Archi? Have you been to consumed by the latest Hockey manager game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    What happened to the progress of this Archi? Have you been to consumed by the latest Hockey manager game?
    That's exactly right! My EHM forum has exploded with activity and it's a full-time job trying to moderate it. It's great to see the buzz around the new game, but it's really hampering my side projects.

I have been doing a lot of work to the underlying system and I think there are a various improvements I can move over to the CM Updater in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Tried using the Import option mate but keep getting "is not compatible with database editing" message. Here is the file I've used https://www.sendspace.com/file/f1ci1u

Settings: CSV, Full Date of Birth, Long Names, Standard Text
    Can you re-upload the file so that I can take a look? I missed it the last time you uploaded it (sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I've been using the CA Ranges option, nice job

A very handy addition to this would be average of top 11 players in terms of CA by league per club. If that's possible maybe a page to list Managers CA by league by club also would be incredibly convenient.
    Just the top 11 players generally or would it be better to take say the best goalie, top 4 defenders, top 4 mids and top 2 strikers (or thereabouts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Conquest View Post
    First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to archibalduk for all your great work. While I hate to add to myriads of requests, I was wondering what the status is of making the tool backwards compatible with 00/01. I had to move some clubs around in my DB and need to update staff histories to match. I don't fancy moving ~1000 entries around by hand. Interestingly, v0.0.1 of the tool allows me to export my 00/01 staff_history.dat as a .csv file (XML does not work), while all subsequent versions will crash when trying to export it in any format. It seems the earlier version was able to read 00/01 well enough, but I'm sure the format had to be updated to make importing back into 01/02 work properly. I used my v0.0.1 extraction to sift through the players and see who needs updating, but it would be wonderful to be able to inject my changes back in en masse. Thanks.
    At this stage I don't have any intention to make it backward compatible with 00/01. It's too much work which I'd rather, at this stage, spend adding to the existing features (such as adding player/staff injection). Did anybody ever post details of the differences between the CM 01/02 and 00/01 database formats? If they did, I can take a quick look and give you an idea as to whether adding backwards compatibility is something that could be done in the future.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archibalduk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
    Can you re-upload the file so that I can take a look? I missed it the last time you uploaded it (sorry).

Just the top 11 players generally or would it be better to take say the best goalie, top 4 defenders, top 4 mids and top 2 strikers (or thereabouts)?

I'll have to dig out the file. Top 11 players is best but as a colleague of mine pointed out, top 18 would be better since squads these days are huge.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    So I've been using this tool quite a bit recently and it's really effective and efficient.

Is it possible to change a player's contract so that they become a free transfer?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    So I've been using this tool quite a bit recently and it's really effective and efficient.

Is it possible to change a player's contract so that they become a free transfer?
    Worked out how to do it, use _NONE for the contracted club.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    what are you working on?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    what are you working on?
    It will be ready... soon.

vCash
    Hi
    when I Update db with the tool all works great but when I try to edit Players Name with official editor
    happens that the surname of following players disappear.

Thanks

vCash
    Hi, when export city data from selected database, latitude and langtitude data comes reverse, fyi

vCash
    Does anybody have a link for this?

vCash

vCash
    This tool doesn't work on win 10. Any idea how to fix it guys?

vCash
    Run as admin?

Works fine on win 10

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011