Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch requests

vCash

Patch requests

This is the thread where patch requests are made (instead of posting them in random threads all over).

For each request in this thread, I'll try to assess:
    • Importance
    • How difficult it is
    • Ease of testing

In case of bugs to be fixed, please tell me how to reproduce the bug.
    Also, if you ask for a feature, think about how to test that a modification really works as intended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 Change of Champions league and UEFA cup structures
    Importance: 4 (quite important)
    Difficulty: 5 (one week or more of patching time)
    Testing: 2 (easy)
    Suggested by: everyone...

#2 Regen attributes skewed after many seasons
    Importance: 2 (less important)
    Difficulty: 4 (a few days to a week)
    Testing: 3 (moderate)
    Suggested by: many

Comment: Maybe resort to newgens?

#3 All leagues selected causes player age and profile errors
    Difficulty: ?
    Testing: 3 (moderate)
    Suggested by: Ratio

Comment: is this really a game issue? There is an old bug about this in the Editor,
    use cmdbsort, and report if this problem still persists.

#4 Balancing of economy
    - some clubs overspend, some grow filthy rich and don't buy enough players.
    - player values and wages need some adjustment
    Importance: 3 (moderate)
    Difficulty: 4 (maybe up to a week, depending on how thoroughly it is done)
    Testing: 3 (requires feedback from community)
    Suggested by: milo

#5 Rotation of club directors (regeneration and replacement)
    - some clubs have a rich owner forever
    Importance: 1 (niche)
    Difficulty: 3 (maybe a few days?)

#6 Improve scout suggestions to be more relevant
    - also scouting a player should be quicker
    Difficulty: 2 (from a few hours to a day)
    Suggested by: freshov

#7 Fix polish league structure
    Difficulty: 2-3 (maybe a day)
    Suggested by: Kowalinho

#8 Update player valuations/wages to current
    Difficulty: 2 (an hour to a day)
    Suggested by: Patinoz

#9 Player position names
    - midfielders are all shown as DM as soon as they are over 15 as DM.
    Could cause controversy? Some might like it the way it is?
    Importance: 1 (niche)
    Difficulty: 1-2 (an hour)
    Suggested by: Patinoz

#10 More holiday options
    - tell assistant to sell only transfer listed for instance, or return at end of season
    Importance: 2-3 (less important, medium for network games)
    Difficulty: 2? (one day? depending on what options there are and if they can be saved)
    Suggested by: faz44

#11 Allow squad Jersey numbers 51-99
    Importance: 1-2 (very minor)
    Difficulty: ? (can be very easy, or a pain)
    Testing: 1 (very easy)
    Suggested by:

#12 Make it easier to apply for jobs abroad
    Difficulty: [b]3-4[b] (a day to a week)
    Testing: 4 (hard)
    Suggested by: Many people (Zé among others)

Test giving human managers 200 PA from the start.

#13 Brazil league should work like a normal league
    Difficulty: 2-4 (a day to a week)
    Testing: 2 (very easy)
    Suggested by: Many people

#14 Italian league: number of promotions and relegations
    Importance: [b]2-3[b] (moderate)
    Difficulty: [b]1-2[b] (a few hours at most)
    Testing: [b]2[b] (very easy)

#15 Northern Ireland Premier Division - no playoff
    Importance: 2
    Difficulty: 2?
    Testing: 2 (easyish)
    Suggested by: Pasquale

-----------------------------------------------------

Also if you dislike a suggestion above, let us know in the thread!
    Last edited by Tapani; 20-07-14 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Added new items

vCash
    Easy from me.

Enabling Harder AI tactics in 2.xx series of patches . (can help with tactics )

vCash
    I thought CL and Uefa cup structures were hardcoded, therefore unchangeable?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not a patch as such but does required one with coding/programming experience.

As a follow on to Info0's work here, could we request some Tactics to use with our Data Updates (i.e. unpatched versions of the game) so that the AI uses formations we want to use as oppose to some of the defaults. We are using the 433 Info0 created in our current DB and it works great. The flat 451 is rarely used in football, it's usually more 4141 or the same with 2 AM's on the wings. Even 433 is more widely at 4123.

One of the issues with adding some formations is if a team is without players for a position the AI plays some random different formation, usually Sweeper. Don't think anyone except some Egyptian clubs use an actualy sweeper anymore.

vCash
    can you tell the clubs to spend what the earn?
    most of the clubs in db (especially those in 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier, etc.) tend to earn 2-3 millions per year and then they spend 5-6 millions only for wages, plus all the rest.
    this way lots of clubs are broke in a few years...

we tried to reduce their wages and it's not so bad now, but we can't do anything after the 1st season...

vCash
    Wish list....(2.19)

- Regens also for staff members like Dir of Football, Managing Dir and so on.
    - Random regens for Chairmen, no more sugar daddies forever or poor men forever....please...
    - 4-2-3-1 tactic available at beginning of game, playable also by AI, according to tact pref of Managers in db.

vCash
    To make it easier for user to move countries without the use of a save game editor.

It is a known problem as discussed here http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827

vCash
    info0, dermotron,

let's start a new thread in the tactics forum, not to divert this thread

milo,

a general look at the game economy is a good idea, don't know how to code that in a good way though. It is DB and EXE together.

Ratio,

I don't think there is any regen code for directors, or code to replace them. That could be tricky.
    4-2-3-1 not playable by AI?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    I thought CL and Uefa cup structures were hardcoded, therefore unchangeable?
    They are... but patching an executable involves editing the low-level code contained within it. Some things, like changing the numbers of subs, can be as simple as changing a single byte whereas editing the CL structure would involve re-writing code in Assembly language.

vCash
    Ze,

I've heard about that problem before. Question is: how can I test that changes are "ok"?

vCash
    To make replacement league patches easier - to disable regens of United kingdom countries appearing in Wales & two Irelands as these countries are often chosen to be replaced yet regens for these countries still appear when everything else has been changed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Ze,

I've heard about that problem before. Question is: how can I test that changes are "ok"?
    I very rarely manage outside of Portugal so I actually tested to see if a problem did exist.

I started by selecting 6 countries, started with one main and the rest in the background. Then went on holiday for 6 months, upon my return I resigned and selected all the other leagues and turned the country I was in to background and then went on holiday with the option to apply for higher position jobs. I repeated the process and there were times when I was unemployed for 3/4 seasons and some where I just couldn't get a job.

So I suppose I could repeat the test and see if I get a job in the lower leagues.
    Last edited by Zé; 06-07-14 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    Any chance that the 'idle sensitivity' feature could be added to earlier versions of the game (3.9.65, 3.9.60) and even to CM00/01?

vCash
    A year changer for 0001 3.81 would be my fave request.

I have examples of 0001 exes changed to 98 or 99 if needed.

vCash
    Cam F, that sounds like a special feature for league patches, rather than something for "ordinary" CM?

Ze, can you change which leagues are foreground/background while a game is going on!?

JohnLocke, it is likely quite easy. Just add a call to sleep (even for 1ms) in the idle loop. But I have no particular interest of starting patching all old versions of the game.

vCash
    Cam F, year changer for 00/01? No. It took a few years to get it playable for 01/02, and we still have world cup / euro champs issues...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    To make it easier for user to move countries without the use of a save game editor.

It is a known problem as discussed here http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827
    As a start - it should be fairly easy (relatively speaking) to give human players a high CA rating instead of it being random.

vCash
    JohnLocke, it is likely quite easy. Just add a call to sleep (even for 1ms) in the idle loop. But I have no particular interest of starting patching all old versions of the game.
    Fair enough. I've seen how you've done it for 01/02 - could you give some details on how to access KERNEL32.GetModuleHandleA and KERNEL32.GetProcAddress? No worries if not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    A year changer for 0001 3.81 would be my fave request.

I have examples of 0001 exes changed to 98 or 99 if needed.
    I think I should be able to do that - just upload the original and modified exes and I'll take a look.

Edit: Tapani makes a good point re World Cup etc, editing the start might have negative side effects that make certain start years unplayable.

vCash
    That's cool, yeah was more for when patches take place.

And again cool for year changer happy with it changed to 98,just quite fancied it to 95 for euro 96 and 97 for France 98 but can live without it.

vCash
    Could any new features, and even existing features, be optional in future versions? I expect this won't be possible in all cases but it would be nice, for example, to keep the existing CL structure even if you manage patch this to match the current structure.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Ze, can you change which leagues are foreground/background while a game is going on!?
    Yes, any league you set as a background league at game start can be switched to a foreground league mid-game (and vice versa)..... the only issue is that while the league is in the background, teams that lose their managers don't replace them.... so after a few seasons running in the background, a nation can theoretically have their entire first division full of manager-less teams

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's really hard to change jobs in the game, especially when moving across countries. You are given a random PA when you start your game, sometimes high and sometimes low, and this doesn't change through the game. Perhaps a human manager rather could be given a high PA as default? And then it would be up to the player to perform well as manager, making the CA improve.

Also, the game heavily favours managers from their own country; i.e. you have like no chance at all to land the Barcelona job if you start your game in England with an English nationality, regardless of how well you have done in England (however having a Spanish nationality would help).

Modern football is not like that, top managers from around the globe work at top clubs everywhere. Could this be implemented in the game?
    Last edited by JLa; 07-07-14 at 10:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Yes, any league you set as a background league at game start can be switched to a foreground league mid-game (and vice versa)..... the only issue is that while the league is in the background, teams that lose their managers don't replace them.... so after a few seasons running in the background, a nation can theoretically have their entire first division full of manager-less teams
    What Craig said.

vCash
    Not a request, more an invitation - feel free to include the following modification:

0060D7E1: PUSH OFFSET 00DE1F64

If you get tan index error, this change will display the name of thing that is missing. Example:

Originally mentioned here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...110#post164110

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast