Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip - Buying / Selling Players

vCash
    If that doesn't work try unsettling the player, repeat bids every few days, also make bid public is a good one to rile a player into wanting to move.

Otherwise keep tabs on him, set a note for a months time and check his status, just make sure if you use the patch that you dont have "hide public bids" selected as you wont be notified if someone else bids on him and could lose him.

I liken it to having a crush on a girl, never give up stalking her until she eventually gives in

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Or the police call round

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

danejstrup is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    vCash

Other clubs bidding on your transfer targets - how to avoid that the transfer target snubs you and signs for another club?

Hi,

What might be the best thing to do in order to try and as often as possible avoid the situation where you bid for a player who is also approached by other clubs, and then eventually it turns out that the player chooses one of the other clubs instead of your club? And yes, I only bid on players who are actually interested in joining my club, so the player would almost certainly have come to my club if he had not recieved another offer that he preferred.

Examples: In a Sunderland game, I bid on Georghe Craioveanu (old player from some Spanish club), and he eventually preferred an offer from Danish club Brondby (how crazy is that). Also, I made an offer for transfer free striker Kiko, but he also preferred some club that was certainly no bigger than Sunderland, some average German club I think.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid such situations? I assume that a certain additonal amount offered in wages and/or sign on fee might do the trick? If so, how much extra should be enough?

vCash
    Squad status offered during negotiations may be more important than you think. In my recent game managing Wrexham in div 3, I remember getting a relatively young player(22 or 23) on a free ahead of 6-7 clubs who were in higher divisions because I offered him terms as an indispensable player.

vCash
    I already thought of this I think. Both the mentioned players (Craioveanu and Kiko) were offerede contracts with status as indespensible for my team, but they still chose other and pretty bad clubs. I am still puzzled by it. I assume it could do the trick with a substansially higher wage offer and/or a bigger sign on the (offering much more than what the player would accept if my club was the only one vying for his attention). But on the other hand, don't want to pay too much either, so wonder how much extra would be enough, if it even helps to just offer more than what the player states that he wants. Or on the other hand, perhaps there is no solution and I just have to accept that sometimes transfer targets choose to sign for rival bidding clubs, even if their choice doesn't always make much sense (like Craioveanu who preferred Brondby over my Sunderland).

vCash
    If Brondby played European football and Sunderland didn't, this was probably the reason Craioveanu choosed them.

vCash
    CMCZ, yes that probably expains it. Brondby does play European.

However, does this mean that nothing can be done? That it has no purpose to offer the player more than what he wants (wages/sign on fee), that this will not affect which club he chooses?

By the way, after reading the OP (my thread was merged into this one) I see that there is a trick for everybody but free agents - just make a higher offer to the selling club than what everyone else has bid, then the rival offers should be cancelled. I will try that, see if it works.

However, this doesn't solve the problem when it comes to free agents. Like Kiko and Taribo West, both unfortunately chose to ignore my offer and went on to sign for other clubs (the clubs were certainly no bigger than Sunderland, but it is possible that they played European, I don't know).

vCash
    Well you could offer a month to month contract to free agents, even if it is borderline cheating... I've had players join me at semi professional clubs in Finland instead of Real Madrid etc by doing this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    Well you could offer a month to month contract to free agents, even if it is borderline cheating... I've had players join me at semi professional clubs in Finland instead of Real Madrid etc by doing this!
    Yeah, I prefer to not cheat or borderline cheat. So the question is whether I can still do something to attract the wanted players, like Taribo West and Kiko in the example. From what I read so far it seems like I just have to live with it, if they choose other clubs. At least with regards to free agents. For people at clubs, like Craioveanu, I guess and can try and bid more than other clubs (transfer fee, not wage/sign on fee), see if the tip works and that makes it so that bids from other clubs are cancelled.

vCash
    I'd choose anywhere else over Sunderland as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Such as the championship?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drown View Post
    Squad status offered during negotiations may be more important than you think. In my recent game managing Wrexham in div 3, I remember getting a relatively young player(22 or 23) on a free ahead of 6-7 clubs who were in higher divisions because I offered him terms as an indispensable player.
    I would argue the squad status is vitally important. then perhaps a bigger signing on fee.

vCash
    Hello.

Also when i do not have money and X teams makes offer for a player i want,i make an offer also with fake red cash .They accept and then i offer month to month to the player with high wages and 0 release value.
    He accepts my offer,i hit 2 times delay,its canceled and the player stays to his team until i have the money to buy him.

Also a good way for me to get extra cash for players i want to sell is to ask 1 player with high value as exchange plus 25% from next transfer,usually teams dont offer the player but higher cash for the transfer.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    A bit of a cheap way of doing things...... exploiting a flaw in the game.... but whatever works for you, I guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uffi69 View Post
    Hi all, I would know if there is any tip to sell better my transfer listed's players. When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids) and the others teams come to me with their bids I don't know how many money I have to request them in order to let my negotiations be accepted by them. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the right price isn't random but it follows game's engine rules and maybe the gurus of this forum (like Tapani, John Locke and the others) that made great patches and know the game's engine very well khow how to set everytime the right price or very close to it. Many thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and very sorry if my question is stupid!
    Set value to Zero, then you will see interested teams....then change value back up, most times teams remain interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danejstrup View Post
    Yeah, I prefer to not cheat or borderline cheat. So the question is whether I can still do something to attract the wanted players, like Taribo West and Kiko in the example. From what I read so far it seems like I just have to live with it, if they choose other clubs. At least with regards to free agents. For people at clubs, like Craioveanu, I guess and can try and bid more than other clubs (transfer fee, not wage/sign on fee), see if the tip works and that makes it so that bids from other clubs are cancelled.
    Offer him fisrt team status, some older players don't want to be indispensable, simply because they look at your club as a one-year club and then look for a better one. This happens a lot with 30+ years old players. Also, don't offer them too long contracts and try to add release clauses, not to big, just enough to make the player sign for you thinking that he can leave in one or two years. After he signs, wait untill he is happy and then renew his contract, he won't ask for that clause and than you can remove it.

One point in month-to-month contracts: if the player is too good for the club it will get very hard to renew his contract because he will want to have a bigger salary than you can offer, and has it says, the contract is renewed every month with you paying the signing fee every month until he leaves on a free transfer or renew his contract.

vCash

Unsellable Players

There are some players where you can transfer list them for 0 pounds and nobody is interested in them.

Do any CM veterans have any tips on how to sell them?

For example sometimes when you take over a new club, a player might be the most highly paid on the team, but not good enough to start or even keep as backup. I try to get rid of these asap when I take over a new club.

vCash
    It helps if you play them regularly, but that's not guaranteed.
    You can offer them a new, very short contract and release them when it expires
    Other than that, nothing that isn't serious cheeting
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Happens a lot. Mostly with players from "smaller" countries like Africa, eastern Europe and such.

vCash
    Whole thread here on Buying/Selling Players

vCash

Debski - 103 M; do I sell him?

My player has recently become unsettled and desires a big move to Real Madrid, and consequently Real made a bid which i re-negotiated for the aforementioned price. Given that some players are getting disgruntled at his attitude, would it be a reasonable move, or should i keep him?

vCash
    I love money so I would sell him

vCash
    Morale doesn't mean anything in this game. Players can be "very poor" and still perform like world beaters. So ... do you need the money? If yes, sell. If not, keep.

However ... if you piss off a player it is highly unlikely he will sign a new contract. So .. if he only has 1-2 years left I would probably sell anyway, to avoid someone grabbing him for free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Morale doesn't mean anything in this game. Players can be "very poor" and still perform like world beaters. So ... do you need the money? If yes, sell. If not, keep.

However ... if you piss off a player it is highly unlikely he will sign a new contract. So .. if he only has 1-2 years left I would probably sell anyway, to avoid someone grabbing him for free.
    He is in superb morale, i'm already rich in Danish league with Akademisk Boldklub, but as many other players were affected by this. I don't know if other players' morale and "hope ____ will learn from his mistakes!" approach affects team environment, not to say board members as well. As Debski is only 23 and European 2nd best midfielder. p.s. my transfer budget doesn't seem to go over 5.5M, no matter how many mid-season transfer budget increase I get from board.

vCash

The thing we all forget to check...

when negotiating a contract with a new signing -MINIMUM RELEASE FEES!! Having got Nottingham Forest promoted, my team has been gutted because I stupidly forgot to click on those 'other' screens in the contract negotiations that we never look at til its too late. Other than being more thorough when signing someone, all I can think of is to up the wage/signing on fee to a level that the player doesn't worry about the min release when renegotiating. Or, set the min release stupidly high (although someone will always pay way over the odds it seems for a high PA player).

Just ranting here because trust me, it hurts to lose Matty Cash and Jodi Jones for a pittance....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveV For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast