Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip - Buying / Selling Players

vCash

Tip - Buying / Selling Players

So, I've been trying to buy Juan Roman Riquelme for over a year gametime but Boca just aren't selling.

Bids up to and including 20mil +bonuses.

Time passes...

Club X bid a 'middling' amount, around 15mil, and are immediately accepted. I've only recently bought Aimar, so don't feel like TWO similar players.

This is not the first time something very similar has happened in multiple games (I can remember this from many old games).

Is the only way around this to have a massive short list of players and match bids when other managers make them?

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    If you want the player badly, don't match the bid, but go a bit higher and the other one will be cancelled.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    There are some players valued at small amounts say 2 million I bid and they end up wanting 12-15 which i will pay then the board cancels the bid. I normally keep an eye on them if they are young then try and get them at end of contract or when unprotected. It can be strange though because sometimes they will then suddenly sign a new contarct with a sell clause and its at a good price so you can then buy them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dryrain View Post
    There are some players valued at small amounts say 2 million I bid and they end up wanting 12-15 which i will pay then the board cancels the bid.
    I often keep on bidding, if the player gets unhappy because he's not allowed to move the club will sometimes let him go for far less after a while.

vCash

buying players

Hi Guys

the problem is ive played many seasons now with many millions in the bank and all of a sudden club says we do not have funds available to buy players but yet i have over 500 million in bank any idea?

vCash
    Once you get over a certain number the game cannot recognise the value as a positive one - something to do with codes and integers that I don't pretend to understand. Use lots of your money and more should become available

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1369phil View Post
    Once you get over a certain number the game cannot recognise the value as a positive one - something to do with codes and integers that I don't pretend to understand. Use lots of your money and more should become available
    Thats only when it hits 2.x billion, not millions. OP - chances are your chairman's just a wanker

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

vCash

Finding a players selling price

Is there any art to this?

In cm03/04 there was a hidden stat that told you what price a club would accept for a player - but not in 01/02.
    Is there a way to determine this?

It gets a bit tedious slowly increasing bids time after time.

vCash
    never heard of this mate, unless there is something in a save game editor as to a players hidden value, cant recall ever seeing this though!

Thats all the fun though int it, bidding, rejected. Increase bid, rejected. Finally accepted bid, agreed terms. Board cancels as unrealistic...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash

Interested according to Shortlist - No interest according to contract negotiations

Why would this be?

A player is listed as interested, but "has no interest" after I have an offer accepted.

Strange?

vCash
    Some of these can be won over if you offer them a lot of money.

vCash
    What Squad Status are you offering?

Sometimes you get a * showing what they want/expect but some you dont, now if you choose the wrong one then of course they wont accept.

vCash
    Offering first team, suppose I could try indispensable

I know you can still sign players who claim no interest, as they come for the money - but I don't recall seeing this happen when they show as "interested" on the shortlist - and not just a blip, he's been interested for months

vCash
    It happens regular with me and you really need to offer a shit load more money for them to come over. Works most of the time.

vCash

How to get my board to allow my signings to go through

Hi
    I am having trouble signing the players I want because the value of the target players is too low relative to the amount the selling club agrees to sell for. My board vetoes the signings because they 'think the offer is unrealistic'. Any non-cheating way of getting the values pushed up? Or should I just be patient?

Cheers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    I often keep on bidding, if the player gets unhappy because he's not allowed to move the club will sometimes let him go for far less after a while.
    I have that issue atm. All of my transfer targets are interested and frustrated because they can't move to me. I wonder how long I'll have to wait before their clubs allow them to go for less.

vCash

Question Tip to sell better transfer listed's players

Hi all, I would know if there is any tip to sell better my transfer listed's players. When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids) and the others teams come to me with their bids I don't know how many money I have to request them in order to let my negotiations be accepted by them. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the right price isn't random but it follows game's engine rules and maybe the gurus of this forum (like Tapani, John Locke and the others) that made great patches and know the game's engine very well khow how to set everytime the right price or very close to it. Many thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and very sorry if my question is stupid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uffi69 View Post
    Hi all, I would know if there is any tip to sell better my transfer listed's players. When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids) and the others teams come to me with their bids I don't know how many money I have to request them in order to let my negotiations be accepted by them. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the right price isn't random but it follows game's engine rules and maybe the gurus of this forum (like Tapani, John Locke and the others) that made great patches and know the game's engine very well khow how to set everytime the right price or very close to it. Many thanks.

Just keep lowering the price till you see an interested party then wait for a bid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uffi69 View Post

Here's what I do:

I list the unwanted player at a price of 0. When a bet comes in, I negotiate the offer in proposing an exchange-deal for their most valuable player plus 25% of the next sale.
    More often than not, they will come back with astronomic offers, and the sell-on clause further guarantees future income

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nurishi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Just keep lowering the price till you see an interested party then wait for a bid
    I'm sorry but it is the same thing that I already do and I wrote it here "When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids)" or I'm wrong?

And my "problem" isn't receive bids from other teams but receive as many money as I can get by selling a player that I put on the transfer list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurishi View Post
    Here's what I do:

I list the unwanted player at a price of 0. When a bet comes in, I negotiate the offer in proposing an exchange-deal for their most valuable player plus 25% of the next sale.
    More often than not, they will come back with astronomic offers, and the sell-on clause further guarantees future income
    thanks a lot for your suggest

26. The Following User Says Thank You to uffi69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bump - any tips on getting around your board cancelling transfers because they think it's unrealistic? Betis are in the Spanish Second Division and want 17mil for their 22 year old player worth 3.4mil. I am happy to pay because I've got 60mil in the bank and he looks like he will be a cracking Attacking Midfielder for many years to come.

vCash
    Try and pay less upfront and the rest in installments?

Worked for me a few times.

vCash
    Yeah try 10-12m up front another 6-8m split between either so many league games or international caps, eg 12m up front, 3m after 50 league games and another 3m after 10/20 international caps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast