Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] Vauxhall Motors - A Hopeless Job

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Another fantastic season and almost did the unlikely! You've got some solid youth players for this level so hopefully the board will keep investing in the club. Maybe it's time to reshuffle your backroom staff?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fantastic job given you're using a non-wibwob tactic!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Fantastic job given you're using a non-wibwob tactic!
    It also amazes me churky. On Nationals Only and Roman General, I realized without transfers and changing the tactic (tho that was fodofd2) the team kept playing better and better. That is why I wanted to try this. As we all like making transfers in this game, maybe we overlooked the advantages of a team well settled.

I played 4-5-1 with arrows on wing backs and wingers and the mid center, giving him trough balls. Sometime I switched to 4-4-1-1, all the tactic same tho, just a FC instead of MC. In games I sometimes change to Normal when the other team is all over me, and sometimes switch to Defensive - Long balls - no pressing and man behid ball for the last 5 minutes when i am ahead by 1 goal. I could never make my players "run down the clock" tho. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Another fantastic season and almost did the unlikely! You've got some solid youth players for this level so hopefully the board will keep investing in the club. Maybe it's time to reshuffle your backroom staff?
    Good call Jesus. I dont like that job too much but giving I have no time to waste on transfers, I should get to it. But first I 'll have to renew contracts and see if I have any money left. My max wage per year is 35K Euros per year.

Need some cup run to make some money

vCash
    What a season!

Such a shame about last game but to be in that position is a fantastic effort!

Yeah - a cup run is definitely a golden ticket for requesting improved facilities

Although Adam is probably too busy "investing" it at the local "Gentleman's" club................

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Promotion next season!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Promotion may be too soon. I hope for an FA Cup game at Old Trafford (and up with the leaders)

Fantastic season. I hope that you can keep it up.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Really unlucky not to go up but I think looking long term it may be better for you.
    Another season in the Conference and players will be that much better the season after when you go up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    SEASON 4:
    -Just battle breavely against relegation again Mr.Kez

-Just...battle breavely... against relegation... AGAIN?! Have you forgotten to take your medicine Adam? We were 4th last season, we lost the promotion on the last game!

- And we didn't get relegated! Which was a very fine job indeed.

- So you want some more of the same eh?

-Righto. Don't make us spend money again please.

-I need some money for wages, again.

-Sure! No problem. (gave max 45K Euros per year again)

- Any chance to get some goals for the training ground? Maybe a second ball or a shower?

-Naah, you're doing just fine.

- How is the youth guys working?

-Well, they had a lot to do for the company this year so came up with only 1 player for you this season.

-1?

-A solid 1 tho.

Spoiler!

-Hmm, Not bad. I needed some defenders. I have 2 and a half.

-Right right. Now go and win that non relegation for us please.

We started the season very weak. 2 wins in the first 2 weeks put us 3rd but 1 win in the next 6 matches got us as low as 11th. 3 Goalkeeper M.O.M's against us didn't help in those 6 weeks. I had renewed contracts of players by this time and that might have got the players too comfortable.
    We had ups and downs till 16th week where we got to the 5th position. 5 weeks later we got to 3rd and stayed there for wooping 13 weeks. Till Fearnehough got injured.
    On week 35, after loosing 3 in a row we dropped to 4th, jumped back to 3rd next week to drop to 4th again and to 5th with 3 weeks to go. Our hopes were getting weak. I changed the tactic to 4-4-2. We weren't able to stop others scoring, might as well score some more ourselves. We managed to beat Braintree (Zombie heaven?) 3-0 and jumped back to 4th with 2 weeks to go.
    Spoiler!

The cups you ask? Well they were a bit of an aim to get some money but didn't go as well as planned.
    We lost to Northern Premier side Hednesford on the Qual. Round 0-2. We got past Chesterfield on penalties at Vans Trophy North 1st roundbut lost to Grimsby on 2nd round, 1-2.
    All we had left was FA Trophy at wich we hardly got past second round to non league Ebbsfleet Utd. at replay 2-0. 3rd round was against Accrington and Grşce and Noone scored for a 2-1 win. Ellams scored on 1st minute to get us past Guiseley to semis against Hednesford. We beat them 2-1 on both legs to get to our first final ever. The fans weren't excited about the cup tho. We had 131, 144, 97 (!)
    Spoiler!
    lads watching our cup run. At semi's they turned up, 1975 people. Well, at the final we had our highest attandence ever. Not that those were ours as we played in Stamford Bridge but playing in front of 15.248 fans was amazing for players.
    Spoiler!

We got some avards:
    Spoiler!

Fearnehough as usual:
    Spoiler!

Thank god he signed a new contract with 1.5M for min. fee. The offers are raining but only as high as 230K so far. And he is happy to stay. Good lad.
    Youth's progress.
    Spoiler!

The board anounced we need to enlarge the stadium once more to be able to get in the 3rd Div.
    Spoiler!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    An excellent season Merk! Another promotion so soon, but the real test starts now. Fingers crossed for you! How do you keep a track of how many points each player gains/loses? I know you can see what's improved in the training screen but is there a secret to knowing how many they've increased/decreased by?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I caught up on this. Awesome results so far and a titanic task ahead. The focus on the evolution of the skills of the players of your academy is really awesome. I Love the format!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Zbimg For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    An excellent season Merk! Another promotion so soon, but the real test starts now. Fingers crossed for you! How do you keep a track of how many points each player gains/loses? I know you can see what's improved in the training screen but is there a secret to knowing how many they've increased/decreased by?
    I compare with the last season's screenshot

21. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bloody hell - amazing stuff! Really didn't expect promotion this early - congrats!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cracking stuff again, merk! Congratulations!

We do like Fearnehough! Anyone want to start a petition to get him capped by Barbados?

Hope you get some defenders for next season. Glad the stadium was expanded again too!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Really great story, love the focus on youth and development. Good luck in Division 3!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    SEASON 5:

I went to see Adam after the last match. He had a party hat on and a drink in his both hands. He offered me one and started shouting

- YEEEAAAAH!

- YEEEAAAH!

- Yeeeaah!

- Yeah! So on to Division 3!

- Yeeaah.

- Do we have to build more stands?

- Yeah.

- So we don't have any money again?

- Yeah.

- No transfers allowed again?

- Yeah.

- And you want me to battle for relagation again?

- Yeah.

- We are not investing in youth again?

- Yeah.

- I can't have more money for wage bill again?

- Yeah.

- Well then, see you at the end of next season then.

- Yeah.

- Yeah.

We had 2 new comers to the club. One was a very needed D/M L, Cross and the other not very needed SC Holsgrove.
    Spoiler!

We went on to contract talks. Noone finally decided to renew his contract.
    Spoiler!

We didn't start the season well, 3 draws and 1 win was promising in the first 4 weeks but 4 looses after that saw us drop as low as 20th. As our pathetic form wasn't enough, our star player Fearnehough got injured:
    Spoiler!

I decided it was time to change the tactic. I wanted to use the DM's I have and the AML Gibbs wasn't turning to be a good player for me to keep the tactic. I changed to a 4-1-3-2.
    Spoiler!

We did start getting better results in the league. Not in the cups though. We beat West Ham in League Cup round 1, giving us hope we can make a run this year only to loose 3-0 on the next round to Charlton Athletic, both Div 1 teams.

We beat Conferance team Grimsby after a replay and lost to Northern Premier side Altrichan at the replay.

In Vans Trophy we got past Hoartlepool but lost to Oldham in the second round.

In a way getting rid of the cups was good for us as we didn't have the squad to compete in any 2 competition.
    The league went mixed. We were about the play-off place battle all season and managed to get 21 wins, 8 draws with 2 matches to go.
    Spoiler!

Well, once again we were going to the last match with hopes and worries.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Awards:

Spoiler!

Youth progress:
    Spoiler!

Print-out:
    Spoiler!

This just came in. First time for the club:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by merkezekrem; 09-08-14 at 10:49 PM.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Looks like you're keeping up your good track record Merk. The change of tactic helped massively.

Hopefully your board will invest in facilities some time soon!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Improved facilities would definitely speed up the development of the academy graduates. I hope you can hang onto fearnehough the guy is CLASS. Blackwell looks like he has a future but he still has a long way to go.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Zbimg For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A very solid season! Unlucky in the playoffs but should bode well for next year
    Which tactic you going with next season?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think I'll keep this tactic for the next season. With Fearnehough back and gibbs with his new center ability, I hope we can do better

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Are your coaches good at working with youngsters? I'd imagine you'd improve your youth graduates better if you had.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great season, merk! Bad luck indeed in the playoffs! I wonder if you'd have gone all the way if Fearnehough hadn't broke his leg. What a blow that was!

A few duds among your youngsters there. In truth, I'm surprised you're still doing so well! I like the look of Phillips and Turner, hopefully those two will go on to be regulars for years!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Jesus: Youth of coaches are: 14-8-3-18-13 and 14. I can't really look for coaches as i am afraid it would show on transfer fee spent or somewhere as a transfer. I just sign freebies and weekly contracted coaches. edit: I sacked the one with 3

One of my coaches went for 40K last season. Better value than most of my team

Mark: Turner looks good but can't play DM. He gets in 0 tackles. Maybe I should try nre position on him (AMC?)

vCash
    For the players who are in their 30's, it may be worth offering them a player-coach role to keep the costs down on hiring coaches? Sometimes you'll get some gems that way.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    SEASON 6:
    As usual I entered Adam's room and went for the drinks cabinet.
    - Hi there Adam. Sorry about the play offs.

- What's up man?

- Mr.Kez, I sincerely plead for you to call me Mr. Bartlam as would be appropriate.

- WTF? Am I getting fired?

- Did you battle breavely against relegation?

- Aw man, you are so simple sighted. Yes I did.

- So there is no reason for you to be fired right Mr.Kez?

- So why the formality?

- We are now a Professional club Mr.Kez. We should act accordingly.

- We became pro from semi pro? Great news! So does this change anything?

- We'll have less money.

- Aww maaaan!

- Just kidding. Yeah, we have more money now, can offer more for the contracts and maybe upgrade our training grounds.

- I hope you don't mean to upgrade the car park to a better car park?

- No, some post and maybe, just maybe grass.

- Grass! I can cry now!

- Yeah but it will take time so you'll have to do good this season

- Sure Adam.. I mean Mr. Bartlam.

- Battle breaverer this year ok?

- Not promotion?

- No no

- Not respectable league position?

- Pfft, no need.

- Righto. See you next season then.

2 new players came from the car park, another not needed striker and a not needed AM RL:
    Spoiler!

I'll start with the cups. We lost 2-0 to Sheff Wed on League Cup round 1 at home. 3107 fans came to watch. Draw 3-3 to Tranmere and won 2-1 on the replay in the FA Cup first round. Beat Plymouth from D2 1-0 next round to play against a giant at last! Manchester United! Away!
    Spoiler!

And the season. We started horribly. Only 1 win in first 4 matches. Then Fearnehaugh got the strings and started playing! 6 wins in a row!

After that week the games started to be in ballance. We won, lost and draw without any reason so I decided to change the tactic and go for a more attacking one. It was obvious the DMC wasn't working so I took him off and put an AMC behind the strikers. Paid off with a 5-1 against Oldham and 5 wins in a row.

Spoiler!

Right at this time while we were sitting 4th in the league and was planning to become 1st, some local asshole decided to do a piece on Fearnehough!
    Spoiler!

I had no choice but praise him as he really was playing the best football of his life and I couldn't afford to make him unhappy. Altho he had a min fee of 3.7M, the best offer I got yet was 120K.
    And things went on as expected. Fearnehough's form got interested in skydiving, taking the team with him. After using up all the points we had more than the teams below us, we went as down as 10th, with only 11 weeks to the end of the season.

Finally he started to play. Giving the GK shirt to Spotswood also helped as Zac Jones was the worst formed player - even lower than Henry the DC!

At week 42 we were 7th, back into the fight for play offs.
    Spoiler!

We won 2 of the games and draw once coming to 2 weeks before the end.

Spoiler!

[/spoiler]

My first yearly award:
    Spoiler!

The youth section:
    Spoiler!

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Tough season ahead. Hopefully the youth team will produce a bounty of new talent

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast