vCash

Funniest things is, im top of my year for English, which includes spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klosec12 View Post

Funniest things is, im top of my year for English, which includes spelling
    That's "thing" and "I'm"

vCash
    Again, see Picture in my post.
    Me failz Inglish. Mesa Not Vezy Gooad At Spellimg.

vCash
    I wonm't correct that one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I wonm't correct that one
    I think you mean "won't"

vCash
    I see you spotted it

vCash

vCash
    Well in Crouch!

vCash
    Crouchy for England! Seriously though, show me a striker who deserves to be ahead of him and I'll prove you wrong!

Top English Goalscorers

Wayne Rooney (21) - Obviously our best striker but is suspended for the first two games.
    Danny Graham (10) - Not even capped and only in his first year in the EPL.
    Grant Holt (10) - See above, plus is getting on.
    Darren Bent (9) - Would have been on the plane imo but has suffered a bad injury, will he be fit in time for the Euros?
    Jermain Defoe (9) - The most natural finisher but Harry doesn't like playing him in every game, should still go through imo.
    Daniel Sturridge (9) - Great player and the future of our front line, will probably go.
    Peter Crouch (7) - LEGEND. 12 goals in all competitions but only 7 in the league yet he still comes up with the goods. International record speaks for itself.
    Danny Welbeck (7) - Like Sturridge, will probably be on the plane.
    Bobby Zamora (7) - Made the mistake in moving to QPR and a relegation battle, not sure if he's even scored since leaving Fulham.
    Gabriel Agbonlahor (5) - Too injury prone and hasn't scored enough goals this season.

No sign of Heskey, Carroll, Owen or Johnson in the scoring charts - Not even managed 5 goals.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Crouchy for England! Seriously though, show me a striker who deserves to be ahead of him and I'll prove you wrong!

Top English Goalscorers

Wayne Rooney (21) - Obviously our best striker but is suspended for the first two games.
    Danny Graham (10) - Not even capped and only in his first year in the EPL.
    Grant Holt (10) - See above, plus is getting on.
    Darren Bent (9) - Would have been on the plane imo but has suffered a bad injury, will he be fit in time for the Euros?
    Jermain Defoe (9) - The most natural finisher but Harry doesn't like playing him in every game, should still go through imo.
    Daniel Sturridge (9) - Great player and the future of our front line, will probably go.
    Peter Crouch (7) - LEGEND. 12 goals in all competitions but only 7 in the league yet he still comes up with the goods. International record speaks for itself.
    Danny Welbeck (7) - Like Sturridge, will probably be on the plane.
    Bobby Zamora (7) - Made the mistake in moving to QPR and a relegation battle, not sure if he's even scored since leaving Fulham.
    Gabriel Agbonlahor (5) - Too injury prone and hasn't scored enough goals this season.

No sign of Heskey, Carroll, Owen or Johnson in the scoring charts - Not even managed 5 goals.

Always liked crouch.. He took time to settle at liverpool but he always added another dimension to our attacks, Was rather sad to see him leave and then spend a lot of time on Spurs bench. I'll always remember him for his perfect hat trick against Arsenal and his scissor kicks he scored! Definitely deserves a place in that squad ahead of Sturridge and Welbeck.

vCash
    I think only four will be taken, with Walcott selected as right mid, but could play up top in an emergency). If it was me I'd take Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Sturridge (assuming Bent is still out), although I think it'll be Rooney, Defoe and 2 from Crouch, Sturridge and Welbeck.

All depends on the new manager though.

vCash
    People seem to forget about Carroll and what he offers. Sure he hasn't done that well at Liverpool, but he was great for newcastle and hasn't really been given much of a chance of late. I'd take him simply because he offers something different and although crouch is tall he is actually better with his feet than his head.

For me:

Rooney
    Carroll
    Welbeck
    Defoe

Walcott and Sturridge included as winger / striker

vCash
    Those would be my four as well with Walcott in the group as a midfielder. Definitely be Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and then 1 of Sturridge or Welbeck.

Course, Crouch will get nowhere near it.

I haven't forgotten Carroll but he just doesn't warrant a spot at all. I actually do rate him and if he had actually scored the odd goal every few weeks, then maybe he'd get the nod but he's just not done enough.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    If Harry takes over I think there's a good chance Crouch will go, he was disappointed when he left for Stoke but understood he couldn't stand in his way. He also had him at Portsmouth (and maybe Southampton) so he's obviously a fan.

Different option as well if we want to go direct late on, even though he isn't a classic target man he'll still course trouble with his height.

vCash
    That is exactly why i think Carroll would be a better option than Crouch.

vCash
    If he was playing and in form than as a target man then probably yes, but he's not even getting a regular game so I can't see how he gets in the squad.

vCash
    Except Carroll isn't a patch on Crouch. Like I said, he's not done the business at all this season and is unproven at international level. Crouch has bagged 12 goals to date and has an exceptional record internationally.

Maybe in the future, Carroll will be the new 'Crouch' for England. But as I said, he's not even an option imo.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I disagree. If you look at Crouch's international goalscoring record, almost every goal he's got has come against very poor opposition, and when he's been played against genuine quality opposition he's been notably anonymous. Personally I think he's utterly overrated, I honestly cannot see what everyone seems to see in him, plus he's already 31 so he's not exactly one for the future! I don't see the point in including him in the Euros, we're not gonna win anyway, so why not use them as a chance to blood in some of the younger players with the pressure off? If it was me, I'd take Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge and Welbeck.

vCash
    I've heard that argument before and it's a load of bull:

1 - Uruguay
    1 - Hungary
    3 - Jamaica
    1 - Trinidad & Tobago
    2 - Greece
    2 - Andorra
    1 - Macedonia
    1 - Estonia
    1 - Austria
    1 - Croatia
    1 - Ukraine
    1 - Andorra
    2 - Belarus
    2 - Egypt
    1 - Mexico
    1 - France

I was hardly class Uruguay, Croatia, Ukraine, Mexico and France as "very poor opposition". In fact, I wouldn't even put Greece and Austria in that group! Sure, the likes of Andorra and Egypt you'd be expected to score against but how many strikers have played against that type of opposition and failed to score. What matters is that he can score and has proven it. If you came up with similar statistics for the other English strikers, I'd be willing to bet Crouch still has the better record.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Nothing wrong with Egypt.
    How many times they won the African Nations?
    They are a decent side.

vCash
    There you go! That's the thing, how many strikers have failed on the international scene? It doesn't matter who they play against, it's still a matter of pulling on that England shirt and doing yourself proud and I think Crouch can be proud.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Who else is going to do the robot!!!!

vCash
    At the moment, I would probably go with Crouch if it was a choice between him and Carroll.
    Carroll is so out of form at the moment that it would be worthless taking him.

I've said it on here many times but Carroll was brilliant at Newcastle because we deliberately put the ball on his head.
    Liverpool try to play pass and move which couldn't be further from his forte.
    Unless England choose a manager that will play natural wingers who will consistently cross for a big forward I wouldn't take either of them, not even for an impact sub.

Rooney, Defoe, Bent (if fit), Sturridge, Walcott.
    If Bent isn't fit I'd pick another midfielder. We've got enough who can play off a forward. Young, Andy Johnson, Lampard, Gerrard so add the player in midfield.

vCash
    Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge and Welbeck.

Two main class strikers, with Welbeck and Sturridge adding the eagerness of the younger generation as well as more depth tactically (Sturridge could be deployed on the right wing, and Welbeck as a second striker (or whatever)).

Mervmeister Unattached
    Holt (non biased) is better option than crouch. Has sooooo much to his game, and his hold up play and goals return speak for itself.
    He has proved people wrong at every level he has played at. Although if I am honest I wouldn't take him and definately wouldn't take Crouch.
    Rooney, Welbeck, Bent (if fit), Sturridge for me. Defoe wouldn't get a look in either. If Bent won't be fit then i'd prob take a punt on Defoe

Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast