Thread: CM9900.exe has stopped working

vCash

CM9900.exe has stopped working

Hello everybody,

I'm playing CM9900 again because it's was my first cm-game. Since I can't find my disc anymore i downloaded it. First I had some problems to start a new game (not enough available system memoery ...) but I've fixed it by changing compatibility. I started a game but suddenly on friday 29th of october 1999 (date in game) the message pops up 'cm9900.exe has stopped working' and then I have to shut down CM9900. I've loaded it again from my last save point but it happened again on the same date.

I already changed compatibility mode, changed DEP settings and tried to run it as administrator, but nothing seems to work.

Can someone please help me? I got windows 8.1

Thank you very much.

Greetings,

Mesties

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Have you tried holidaying past the date?

vCash
    Yes, but the same message popped up on the same date.

vCash
    Try a virtual machine running Win98 like I did for CM00/01?

vCash
    Did you apply any of the 9900 patches?

There was an unfixable crash in original game with no patch, they fixed it with a patch but the game otherwise would fatally crash with nowt you can do about it.

I have 9900 patches. will put them in the downloads bit.

vCash
    Thanks for the helpful repsonses and the patches.

Now I've been able to make it run on a virtual machine with win98 but now I encounter another problem. On the 10th of january 2000 the message comes up 'This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.' I already tried the clean-up disk of windows 98 and removed temporary files and internet files. My VM disk space is 2GB and 540MB has been used.

vCash
    run run for your life. Anything illegal is bad

vCash
    Hello everybody,

I also play CM 9900,and have a problem.The save game wont go trough specific date,it stopped working and said like Mesties wrote,cm9900.exe stopped working.
    I have WINDOWS 7,and played on version 3.73(original is 3.70).The date is like some 10-11 season of playing,I changes some things with Dirty editor for save game file(maybe is because of that,but that changes I made in 1.season of playing).

I tried re-install the game and also the same.

Does anybody know what to do,is possible to play again that save game or is crashed forever?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by touma View Post
    Hello everybody,

I also play CM 9900,and have a problem.The save game wont go trough specific date,it stopped working and said like Mesties wrote,cm9900.exe stopped working.
    I have WINDOWS 7,and played on version 3.73(original is 3.70).The date is like some 10-11 season of playing,I changes some things with Dirty editor for save game file(maybe is because of that,but that changes I made in 1.season of playing).

I tried re-install the game and also the same.

Does anybody know what to do,is possible to play again that save game or is crashed forever?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers
    Editing savegames has the potential to ruin a save. Unfortunately.

The best thing to do is to do all the editing pre-game. That`s my simple advice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    Editing savegames has the potential to ruin a save. Unfortunately.

The best thing to do is to do all the editing pre-game. That`s my simple advice.
    Hello there.
    I'm new and i know it may sound bad, but i have issues with 99/00 too.
    I cant patch the game. I downloaded the patch, but when i try to install it, it sas ''unable to find cm 99/00 installation. Re-install cm99/00 from CD and try again''
    Does anyone knows how i can patch it?
    I wanna patch it cuz my game crashes after a given date, and there's no workaround it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Hello there.
    I'm new and i know it may sound bad, but i have issues with 99/00 too.
    I cant patch the game. I downloaded the patch, but when i try to install it, it sas ''unable to find cm 99/00 installation. Re-install cm99/00 from CD and try again''
    Does anyone knows how i can patch it?
    I wanna patch it cuz my game crashes after a given date, and there's no workaround it.
    Do you have the 9900 disk? If so might be able to help you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Do you have the 9900 disk? If so might be able to help you.
    No
    My uncle had the game back then, and i just downloaded...
    Can't buy cuz the shipping costs more than the game itself.
    I have the setup, would it work? O.O

vCash
    You can't patch if the game wasn't installed originally on your pc. I ws going to upload a patched exe but it would ask for the disk sadly. Your best bet is to google a cracked 9900 game but I didn't say that.

vCash
    Well....i guess i wont be able to gift my godfather with it then...
    I've been trying to find a cracked version for over 3/4 hours.
    Nothing so far...
    Thanks for helping me tho

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Well....i guess i wont be able to gift my godfather with it then...
    I've been trying to find a cracked version for over 3/4 hours.
    Nothing so far...
    Thanks for helping me tho
    Took me 3-4 seconds to look in 9900 downloads - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5478

Which has a 99/00 download - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=243 which may or not be cracked.

Then another 3-4 seconds to google 99/00 crack with loads of results so try the download then if it isn't cracked search for it https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...+99%2F00+crack

vCash
    There is an error with the Mercosul Cup, in october, a friend fixed that with the hex editor, but unfortunately is just for the game without patches, if anyone wants to use:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aqg59s

works with the cm9900 in dowload section.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno boo View Post
    There is an error with the Mercosul Cup, in october, a friend fixed that with the hex editor, but unfortunately is just for the game without patches, if anyone wants to use:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aqg59s

works with the cm9900 in dowload section.
    Getting the same error message at the end of october. Could you reupload this please?

If not, could anyone please tell me how to patch the game? I downloaded the game and patch 3.73 here from the site, and the game runs fine but when i try installing the patch it says it is unable to fint the CM 99/00 installation. Maybe the cm9900.exe file is in the wrong location? But I have no idea where it wants it to be..
    Last edited by isalbu; 25-12-16 at 07:43 PM.