Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1366*768 images

vCash

vCash

Adding 1366*768 images

I don't know is this a right place to post this, but I have a few problems with updated CM 01/02 and was wondering if somebody can help me.

I've been playing CM 01/02 since it got out, it was also my first serious game I've played on computer and it was the last. I discovered that I am very good at it and like challenges.

I recently found this forum and became a member. Downloaded update and patch, everything was great, but it bothered me that resolution was (I think) 800x600 and my resolution is 1366x768 on my laptop. So I was reading and reading posts how to change it and found new tapani patch and applied it, problem solved, but another came up, there weren't any backgrounds - so that was a hard part for me, 'cause I'm a girl and I don't know about computers nearly as much you do, but somehow I managed that too, I downloaded some 1366x768 pictures from another forum user (thank you) and thats better than the black screen.

Now, something that I can't figure out... My background pictures are all over the screen, and often I can't see words in the menubar. I would like to have a menubar picture and was wondering is it possible to have just one picture in background? I found some posts about it, and tried it, but it never worked. Is there anyone who can help me with this and tell me where can I find one simple menubar and background picture and apply it?

Thank you very much!

vCash
    Sorry panca, what do you mean your pictures are all over the screen?

vCash
    When I changed resolution to 1366x768 and after that I put some pictures that are same resolution. Pictures are on the menubar too. In original cm you had blue menubar, and pictures to the right as a background, now I only have background picture all over the playing screen.

vCash
    did you delete or rename the ~MB.MBR file?

vCash
    No, I never touched those files... I've read that if you want your background picture to be a full screen that you have to delete those files, so I checked if mine are there, and they were. I've read so much posts and didn't find any solution to my problem, so only option left for me was to ask you guys.

vCash
    and if you remove the background picture/s can you see the menubar? and if you disable background changes?

vCash
    Did you also remove the old resolution pictures?

vCash
    If I remove background picture, there is only black background (I suppose default), that happens when I turn off background changes. I tried to remove old resolution pictures, I tried leaving just one picture and renaming it with default picture and moving it to data folder (I followed instructions on this forum), and yet, nothing changed. Tell me there is another solution?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by panca View Post
    If I remove background picture, there is only black background (I suppose default), that happens when I turn off background changes.
    but can you see the manubar?

vCash
    I can always see the menubar, but when I don't have background picture, there is black background as default picture, and it is also behind menubar. When I have some other picture, I also see the menubar, but picture is behind it and I can't often see the letters on the menubar (it depends on the pictures and colors). So I wanted to know, can I have one picture for the menubar (e.g. blue) and other picture for the background? Just one picture? I followed instructions in this forum how to do that, but that doesn't work for me.

vCash
    strange actually, why don't you try to use a very dark manubar, black maybe?

try these, extract and paste them in your data folder replacing the old ones.

edit - sorry, it won't work...

vCash
    can you post a picture of your problem please?

vCash
    I would like to use a dark menubar, but I can't install it. I used picture editor, found picture that is in my resolution, loaded it, save it and moved in the picture folder, but it won't show up. Same thing I did with menubar. I can see it in the picture editor like preview, but not in the game.

When I said that I can't see the words in the menubar, I didn't mean that they are not there, I can't see them because background pictures are often too bright, or are the same color as the words, because pictures are stretched to menubar and that's the thing I would like to change. Have just one picture as background, and just one picture as the menubar picture.

Sorry if I misled you, I believe my english isn't so good to explain my problem.

vCash
    i think i got it instead.

to insert a picture you need to change the picture file (pics.cfg) in your pictures folder.
    you need to attach it to something (a player, a club, a competition) or rename it to something already existing in the picture file.

if you already tried this and didn't delete/rename the menubar files i can think it's a problem of videocard maybe...

what kind of pc do you have? what operating system?

vCash
    Lenovo U510, Intel Core i7 3537U 2.0GHz / 3.10GHz (4MB cache) Ivy Bridge, 15.6" HD LED 1366 x 768, nVidia GeForce 720M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 1600MHz

I bought it 8 months ago.

Can you tell how can I attach picture to something?
    I think I haven't tried that yet.

- - - Updated - - -

My OS is win 7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by panca View Post
    Can you tell how can I attach picture to something?
    I think I haven't tried that yet.
    i don't have this picture pack but it should be something like this:

F.C. Barcelona: xxxxxxxxx.RGN
    Robin van Persie 6/8/1983: yyyyyyyyyy.RGN

where you have the long name of the club and the long name + date of birth (the one in your db) of the player.
    so if you want to attach a picture to a club or a player you need to do that in your pics.cfg file.
    if you have more than one picture, just add a comma and another picture (i.e. Robin van Persie 6/8/1983: yyyyyyyyyy.RGN, xxxxxxxxxx.RGN).

by the way, are you running everything (game, piced, etc.) as administrator?

vCash
    I tried to open pics.cfg file and error message shows saying that windows can't find the file but I really didn't do anything with the file, because I don't mess with stuff I don't understand. And yes, I have been running everything as administrator.

Should I uninstall the whole game, and install everything from the beginning?

vCash
    i don't think that will work.

can you upload that pics file here? i can try to check it...

vCash
    Should I send it to you by email? I don't see option here to upload documents, only pictures and videos.

vCash
    you can use a hosting site, like sendspace.

send it here, by email, by a courier, whatever you want

vCash

vCash
    why is that an .exe file? it should be a text file like this

vCash
    Zé's thread was getting derailed so I've moved the queries in relation 1366*768 images to here http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5568

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't know, I only had that file. So, I copy yours to my folder now? Where? In CM, or Data...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast