Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cam's 3.60 Experiments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    I assume SI made .65 and .68 for a reason ... Have you found any bugs in .60?
    these are the bug changes in the progressive patch versions:

New to version 3.9.68

West Ham duplicate strikers bug fixed
    Finnish Premier Division teams corrected
    Games not running in all languages fixed
    ARSE command problem fixed
    England + English Conference + Scotland problem fixed
    Australian NSL: Number of teams entered to comp fixed, number of foreign players allowed bug fixed
    Player surnames not appearing on Team of the week screen fixed
    Fixed problem with Polish First Division relegations
    Fixed problem with Argentine Second Division
    [Korean] Extended length of Media strings
    [Korean] Updated Korean player and team data

New to version 3.9.65

Lessened chance of free-kicks hitting walls slightly
    Increased Protection of players at big clubs slightly
    New command line option 'nomemcheck' to disable memory safety checks
    Fixed rare problem with club records
    Changed from over-length copy-protection to a system that will work on all CD-ROM systems
    Repair news corruption which can happen in the original release
    Made it less likely that a player with a lower match rating than another player will get MoM
    Made it less likely for non-league clubs to get rescued when bankrupt
    Made Man Of Match display on match screen compatible with COLOURBLIND flag
    Protected against unlikely stadium expansions (most notably in Brazil)
    Made interest payments when seriously in debt more severe
    Made aging, greedy players a bit less likely to accept moves if they're well paid in their current contract.
    Made 'future' screen show Jaded players information correctly
    Second leg of Asian Super Cup is now 14 days after first leg
    Clubs from Pakistan now play in East section of Asian club competitions

New to version 3.9.62

Compensation is now paid to players former club for non Bosman 2 transfers
    Fixed potential crash when reminders are generated for player notes
    Brazilian National First and Second divisions now use playoff stage for history and not league table
    Fixed problem with Libertadores Cup picking wrong Brazilian teams sometimes
    Three regional Brazilian championships now award prize money if their playoff match is not needed

vCash
    Nobody is saying it will be perfect, certainly 3.68 isn't but seeing as it's 3.68 that stops me playing 0102., playing it is better than not.

As the title suggests these are experiments.

Lots of people play 3.60, I don't but going to try and see what I think.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And to add, I find 3.81 0001 the most stable compared to the buggy crashy imo 3.89.

vCash
    Every version has bugs, but it comes down to what you as a player consider a game-breaking bug. Not being able to get jobs abroad is definitely one of them for me. I'm ready to put up with what I consider minor bugs if major stuff like this is fixed.

vCash
    Thanks for doing this CamF - am watching with interest.

Had a 3.60 game where I was managing in France with Sochaux (top division) - finished top 4 every year but couldn't get another top flight job to save my life. Figured it was because I set the nationality as English and had seen people post about this bug. But maybe I needed to get my rep upto world class rather than very good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Every version has bugs, but it comes down to what you as a player consider a game-breaking bug. Not being able to get jobs abroad is definitely one of them for me. I'm ready to put up with what I consider minor bugs if major stuff like this is fixed.
    Very true about every version having bugs but Im sure the point of the thread is not just to find the best version and play with 12-14 year old data but with more up to date. I play odb without 3.9.68 patch simply as I prefer the where the players start (Riquelme at Boca).

But im fairly 100% certain the reason the data updates are on v3.9.68 and no other is reliability of the data itself (and a far better editor than any other version). No discovery is worth losing data or data updating sessions or increasing the risk of losing a session. More time and work goes into a data update than rest of the whole forum combined. Its hard for people to comprehend that without spending time doing the dirty work. Arsing around with the top 20 or 30 players is tiny tiny fraction of what needs to be done to get that data up to date. Which is why that list of bugs would put off changing to updating on v3.9.60 no matter the benefits. Even tech support has a ton of unanswered .60 queries. Could be the same as existing issues but who knows, there's a decade of knowledge for v3.9.68. All the offsets are different between each patch.

Buuut as its experiments its great to see that the manager bug was added in either version .62 or .65. Maybe Tapani or JL or some offset whizz can find the code that causes the issue to eradicate it and patch it into .68. That would be pretty special in fairness.

Going in reverse, it should be easier but suffers the same issues as the .68 > .65, mismatching league structures. That of course could sorted if Archie's importer gets up and running. It would be a matter of just leaving out the clubs that exist outside those structures e.g. The stupid Swedish 4th Division. All those clubs and players be easy find in excel

vCash
    Derm, I don't think Cam and I meant to suggest to the updating team to switch to .60. You're all a well-oiled machine and it'd be unnecessarily risky to make such a change.
    I was just questioning if there was a painless way for us "ordinary" users to convert your work to .60 database and play it at our own risk.

vCash
    I know mate, but some do miss why we wouldn't jump at this (similar to there still being a few who wonder why we didn't drop everything and switch to updating 0001).

I think players aren't going to be an issue, clubs will always be the problem imo - volumes, league structures and name mismatches. When I started thinking of the scale of fixing the clubs in .65 I just knew it was too much work. Similarly here, you can inject tons of clubs, but you would still have a very messy database in end if only fixing a few clubs.

I think for both .65 and .60 to work you'd need a blank DB, including clubs. Or some way or moving all the old clubs/non duplicate clubs to one location to delete and then import the clubs for a newer DB. That would solve a ton of issues.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 03-09-14 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Cam the trouble maker as usual.

My aim is not to suggest the forum does a switch, not in the slightest. I for one know how many hundreds of unpaid hours the boys do and even from here my knowledge of 3.60 is extremely limit.

I know 3.81 0001 off by heart and love never having any crashes and a stable beast it is.

My whole angle on this is to see how it goes with 3.60. If I find it stable and so far so good, I'm more likely to do the same as I did with 0001. Adding legends to retire and modern day players as kids plus changing league/cup names to current.

That's not to say once the latest db is released I won't be tempted to try and update it myself to today players by plonking them all in. Doesn't take that long and any club names that differ you can change to what they are. Then you make lists of missing clubs and do them at end. Now if only there was an injector rhat did both players and staff at same time we would be cooking with gas.

Anyway off to start my first serious game of 0102 in years and will let you know how I go.

vCash
    Good to hear, Cam.

What made you dive into 0102 again, though? I mean, all this testing for the bug and now starting a new save.
    I thought you were perfectly fine playing 00-01 for good.

vCash
    Good to hear, Cam.

What made you dive into 0102 again, though? I mean, all this testing for the bug and now starting a new save.
    I thought you were perfectly fine playing 00-01 for good.
    I know, 0102 is the better game, well at least it should be but they cocked it up with later patches. If 0102 can do the things I thought it couldn't then quite happy to ditch 0001 as there are many new features I would like to enjoy that I can't with 0001.

The core things have to be right, the minimum standard for ANY career game for me is no limitation to being able to travel the world organically without save game editing, the 2nd was background leagues working and both look ok to me so if that is ok, 0102 it is.

Started my new save game now, Dumbarton so will see what happens

vCash
    What leagues have you started?
    I had a nice Dumbarton save once upon a time, could do it again. Maybe start under same conditions as you and have parallel saves.

vCash
    Regretting it slightly speed wise but used JL's speed adjuster set to 200.

I have selected as main leagues - England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden & USA
    Background - Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Greece, Japan, Northern Ireland, Norway, Ireland, Russia, turkey & wales

vCash
    That could be slowish.
    The thing I dislike about the speed adjuster is that it makes the commentary fly by way too fast as well. I like to read what's happening and "very fast" on default game speed is quite nice for that.

vCash
    That could be slowish.
    The thing I dislike about the speed adjuster is that it makes the commentary fly by way too fast as well. I like to read what's happening and "very fast" on default game speed is quite nice for that.
    +1. Tell me what main leagues or background you are doing and will copy. Surprisingly only still in September so can start again.

vCash
    Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Scotland.

How does that sound? Run them all as main leagues?

I think even without the speed adjuster that would run reasonably fast.

vCash
    Sounds good. Will start that set up all as main leagues and post how I get on and hope you do too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The game is setting up. What kind of tactic/formation were you planning to use? Create something new for the save or use the old trusted ones?

vCash
    Nice reading so far.. would love to see how you both get on with moving around clubs (Hopefully)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Nice reading so far.. would love to see how you both get on with moving around clubs (Hopefully)
    Hop on the train, top.

vCash
    Tried and tested tactic not sure which yet, I don't know 3.60 but my aim is to try and win as much as possible to try and move about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Tried and tested tactic not sure which yet, I don't know 3.60 but my aim is to try and win as much as possible to try and move about.
    I just made a 433 for this and will stick with it, even if it doesn't work as well as my tactics usually work on .68.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Feck it, I will use a 433 I made back in 2013 I found, not sure how good it is but now we are almost doing exactly same things.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Queens Park have appointed scottish manager Frank. N. Stein as manager!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Feck that, lost both friendlies so far with 433 442CJF it is then.

Edit: don't be a pussy Cam, sticking with it a bit longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Queens Park have appointed scottish manager Frank. N. Stein as manager!
    In 3.60? Well done Toppo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast