Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cam's 3.60 Experiments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Feck that, lost both friendlies so far with 433 442CJF it is then.

- - - Updated - - -

In 3.60? Well done Toppo.

Yep 3.60.. same leagues as you both.. And funnily I have settled on 442CJF as well for home games, 4-5-1 for away games

vCash
    I've played 5 games. 2 draws in the league, two wins in League Cup (one against St. Johnstone) and lost on pens in Challenge Cup. The tactic seems overly offensive for .60 but don't care! Head against the wall!

I usually focus my tactics on getting awesome defensive records, but this one is gung-ho.

vCash
    I found a tactic the other day.. Which I shall use for pre-season, purely because the name tickled me when I saw it.... 442Churky_BoobBuilder

vCash
    hahaha that's a terrible tactic, I think I submitted it for a 442 competition a long time ago. Not a good one by any stretch of the imagination.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeh its not great, but its like my team

Really need another keeper, and maybe a left winger and striker.. But zero funds and struggling to get loans in.....

Cam.. Do Queens Park get any money from the gate receipts. I'm sure I saw somewhere that they dont but Im not sure of that

vCash
    Yeah you get gate receipts. When you get to big leagues it's cool as they can be 3rd force with that massive stadium. if I don't go Gers or Dumbarton I go Queens Park. You will need to make money to cover the stadium maintenance though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    I'll jump on this bandwagon tomorrow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One thing I forgot to mention, I won't sign any of the usual .60 suspects, starting from Joao Paiva who's always been a shortcut through the lower leagues.

vCash
    I left it to run a few seasons overnight.. It did 7.. Let it apply for higher reputation jobs and so far the only job its got me is the crystal palace position...

vCash
    I don't know any 3.60 gems so that's covered. Looking forward to my save tonight.

vCash

Scottish League Cup
    1st round - Albion Rovers 2-1
    2nd round - St. Johnstone 3-2
    3rd round - Aberdeen 1-1, lost on pens

Scottish League Challenge Cup
    1st round - Inverness 2-2, lost on pens

Scottish Cup
    1st round - Forfar 1-0
    2nd round - Stranraer 1-0
    3rd round - Aberdeen 1-0
    4th round - Airdrie 0-0, replay 2-0
    5th round - Dundee Utd 2-0
    Semifinal - Dunfermline 0-0, replay 1-1, lost on pens

Stats and Transfers

Spoiler!

Code:
    |Season  | Club         | Division                | Pos | Other Comps                                                              
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |2001/02 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Third Division | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st rnd, Scottish Cup semifinalists

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done Churky. Great defence in league. Do you have any English ancestry? Losing on penalties 3 times is almost cm statistically impossible.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I dont suppose either of you know if its possible to have coloured attributes and disable protected contracts on .60 db?

Im getting fed up of having to constantly watch and renew any of my teams contracts every 2 seasons, and miss my coloured atts

vCash
    I don't know, just suck it up.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    I don't know, just suck it up.

Pffffffft

vCash
    Two games left of maiden season with Dumbarton. Won league, challenge cup, lost league cup final and in final of Scottish cup. My tactic leaks like a sieve, something I am not used to in 0102. Differences between 0001 and 0102. Can't appoint any staff any job which is annoying, players who aren't listed for loan, any requests to loan them seem always rejected despite no games for their clubs or transfer listed. Doesn't seem as many interested players or is showing less pages for sure. Lower league players seem to have poorer stats than in 0001. Thoroughly enjoyable so far, ranked 13th now in Scotland as a manager and got £2 million in bank with more to come if win or lose sco cup. Next season a big one to see if get approached for jobs as that would be a certainty in 0001 with how I'm doing.

vCash
    Despite me having the best defence in the league, I'm also conceding more easily than on .68.
    I sent scouts to every European country available minus Russia and they found some cheap/free players capable of improving my squad.

I think the 2nd season would be a bit too soon to expect job offers, though. I don't think it's good as 0001 in that respect. Better than .68 hopefully, but not quite up to 0001 level.

vCash
    Not applying for other Jobs? Just waiting for offers to come along?

Im currently into Season 07/08.. I started at Queens Park, But went on holiday overnight.. On 10/11/01 the game applied for the Crystal Palace position for me which they offered and under Ass.Man control led the team to 1st place in the league and promotion to the prem league.

The first 3 seasons in prem league were run by the Ass.Man with a 4th place, 3rd place and 5th place finish.. As well as League cup and FA Cup in the 04/05 season, Runners up in charity shield in 05/06 season (His final game in charge).

The last 2 seasons under my control have seen 2 runners up finishes, Fa cup runners up in 05/06, League cup winners and UEFA cup runners up losing to AC Milan and last season Charity shield and FA cup winner.

vCash
    Not sure, will be playing not holidaying, noticed you don't get manager points allocated in 3.60 when you holiday , whether this makes any difference to your job opportunities I think it does as I holidayed for ten years with gers and got no job offers, managed manually for one season and that is when got job offers out the blue and ones I applied for I showed on page one of thread. The main thing for me is just to play,enjoy it, report any differences both positive and negative I come across. So far been easier than I thought it would be, admittedly with conceding like a whore at a gang bang certainly had I set the exact same parameters in 0001 I would have lost far more games and not got to both main cup finals from division three, admittedly with a beast of a tac whereas 0001 doesn't like 0102 tacs, the 0001 beast tacs have not been made or shared yet.

vCash
    Your tactic is is proper 0102 beast which makes players quality almost irrelevant so I fully expect you to storm every competition you enter. The focus of these saves are, of course, enjoyment, but also trying to get other jobs, move across Europe etc. I've never had a proper journeyman save on 0102, ever.

vCash
    Totally agree, whole point of this exercise is jobs, jobs, jobs and more jobs. Then after that can step back with a non beast tac for proper career game.

vCash
    Loved my first season. Overall very successful, surprisingly so if honest but maybe luck was shining on me.

League

Spoiler!

Challenge Cup

Spoiler!

League Cup

Spoiler!

Scottish Cup

Spoiler!

Manager Rating

Spoiler!

Roll on season 2 Now got a bit of cash in bank but usually try to get cash to pay for stadium increase once get to SPL.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash

Scottish League Cup
    1st round - Stirling 3-3, lost on pens

Scottish League Challenge Cup
    1st round - Elgin City 1-0
    2nd round - Stirling 4-0
    Quarterfinals - Arbroath 5-0
    Semifinals - St. Mirren 0-1

Scottish Cup

2nd round - Stenhousemuir 3-0
    3rd round - Falkirk 2-1
    4th round - Stirling 3-2
    5th round - Hibs 3-1
    Semifinals - Dundee Utd 0-1

Stats and Transfers

Spoiler!

Code:
    |Season  | Club         | Division                | Pos | Other Comps                                                              
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |2001/02 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Third Division | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st rnd, Scottish Cup semifinalists  
    |2001/02 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Second Division| 1st | Scottish League Cup 1st rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup semifinalists, Scottish Cup semifinalists
    Last edited by churky; 06-09-14 at 04:06 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    9 Goals conceded, that is incredible given the level of players you will have. Awesome Churky.

Where did you get the league backgrounds, they are cool.

vCash
    They're in the downloads section, can't remember which one is it, it's been a while.

About the goals conceded, as I said I always make tactics like that, can't help it. I thought it was leaking too much, but this season it was fantastic. It's obviously not a beast since I can't win any cups yet, but it's good enough.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast