2nd round - Stirling 2-0
    Quarterfinals - Queen of South 4-2
    Semifinals - Patrick Thistle 0-0, lost on pens

Scottish Cup

3rd round - Dundee 0-1

Stats and Transfers

Spoiler!

Code:
    |Season  | Club         | Division                | Pos | Other Comps                                                              
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |2001/02 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Third Division | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st rnd, Scottish Cup semifinalists  
    |2002/03 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Second Division| 1st | Scottish League Cup 1st rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup semifinalists, Scottish Cup semifinalists  
    |2003/04 | Dumbarton    | Scottish First Division | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup semifinalists, Scottish Cup 3rd rnd
    - - - Updated - - -

Still no job offers, I'm now no.5 in Scotland, rep is still "fair".

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The best regen I've ever got from my own youth setup (awful facilities, btw.), this is a screenie right off the bat.

vCash
    He is class, Stuart mccall regen I'm guessing as too soon for lambert. Not played it this week, been busy trying out something on 0001 which has had all my spare time but hope to play this at weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Loved my first season. Overall very successful, surprisingly so if honest but maybe luck was shining on me.

League

Spoiler!

Challenge Cup

Spoiler!

League Cup

Spoiler!

Scottish Cup

Spoiler!

Manager Rating

Spoiler!

Roll on season 2 Now got a bit of cash in bank but usually try to get cash to pay for stadium increase once get to SPL.
    Marco Negri?

vCash
    Two games left of maiden season with Dumbarton. Won league, challenge cup, lost league cup final and in final of Scottish cup. My tactic leaks like a sieve, something I am not used to in 0102. Differences between 0001 and 0102. Can't appoint any staff any job which is annoying, players who aren't listed for loan, any requests to loan them seem always rejected despite no games for their clubs or transfer listed. Doesn't seem as many interested players or is showing less pages for sure. Lower league players seem to have poorer stats than in 0001. Thoroughly enjoyable so far, ranked 13th now in Scotland as a manager and got £2 million in bank with more to come if win or lose sco cup. Next season a big one to see if get approached for jobs as that would be a certainty in 0001 with how I'm doing.
    Ho, I just found this thread. Good timing, as I am in the process of reverting to 00/01 (3.89, admittedly). Thanks for posting a direct comparison of the features. This will really help me to know what difference to look out for. It certainly does seems like 00/01 is a little better. What would your say the biggest benefits are of playing 01/02, though?

vCash
    I`m too serious about patches so I wouldn`t dare to do this experiment.

Don`t mind skipping 3.9.68 though.

vCash
    See tbh, I think 3.89 is basically just 0102, all the things I like are there in 3.81 so never really felt the need to leave long term.

Positives of 0102 - more players, clubs and staff. Unpick squad button. Scout report on next opposition. All the wonderful tools and patches for 3.68 could be so utilised if geared towards 0001, same as update would be amazing if was based on 0001.

Differences imo between 3.60 0102 and 3.81 0001 -

- Ability to manage anywhere with no restriction is main one for me, 3.60 0102 seems to not be as free as 3.81 but still gives that option but on a reduced level.

- Background leagues work as intended. This seems to be same in both 0001 & 3.60 so great result.

- offer any non player any job. Only available in 3.81, removed after 3.81 in all versions of 0001/0102

- Speed, I don't have super computer but 0001 3.81 runs very fast all 26 leagues whereas 3.60 would have a coronary and struggles with the 8 leagues Pat and I settled for.

- Stability, I have not had crashes or error messages in 3.81 0001, nor has anyone else reported them. Had 1 crash of my 3.60 career game and a few when holidaying. I had and quite a few people reported crashes on 3.89 so that's why reverted my updates to 3.81.

vCash
    See tbh, I think 3.89 is basically just 0102, all the things I like are there in 3.81 so never really felt the need to leave long term.

Positives of 0102 - more players, clubs and staff. Unpick squad button. Scout report on next opposition. All the wonderful tools and patches for 3.68 could be so utilised if geared towards 0001, same as update would be amazing if was based on 0001.

Differences imo between 3.60 0102 and 3.81 0001 -

- Ability to manage anywhere with no restriction is main one for me, 3.60 0102 seems to not be as free as 3.81 but still gives that option but on a reduced level.

- Background leagues work as intended. This seems to be same in both 0001 & 3.60 so great result.

- offer any non player any job. Only available in 3.81, removed after 3.81 in all versions of 0001/0102

- Speed, I don't have super computer but 0001 3.81 runs very fast all 26 leagues whereas 3.60 would have a coronary and struggles with the 8 leagues Pat and I settled for.

- Stability, I have not had crashes or error messages in 3.81 0001, nor has anyone else reported them. Had 1 crash of my 3.60 career game and a few when holidaying. I had and quite a few people reported crashes on 3.89 so that's why reverted my updates to 3.81.
    Sweet! That's a pretty comprehensive wrap-up. What it seems to come down to is what you can really live with. There is no clearly 'ideal' version. It's a trade-off between features and bugs. Your testing has certainly uncovered some very useful comparison information.

FYI, 00/01 3.89 has the 'Clear Squad' button absent in 3.81. I haven't got much into playing it yet beyond some inital testing. I know you haven't run 3.89 for a good while, but any thoughts on how the game speed holds up? Is it more like 3.81, or 01/02 3.60?
    Last edited by Dr. Conquest; 11-09-14 at 10:01 PM.

vCash

Scottish League Cup

2nd round - Queen of South 3-1
    3rd round - Rangers 2-1
    Quarterfinals - Dundee 3-0
    Semifinals - Livingston 2-0
    Final - Kilmarnock 1-1, won on pens

Scottish Cup

3rd round - Arbroath 1-0
    4th round - Livingston 0-0, replay 1-0
    5th round - Motherwell 0-1

Code:
    |Season  | Club         | Division                 | Pos | Other Comps                                                              
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |2001/02 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Third Division  | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st rnd, Scottish Cup semifinalists  
    |2002/03 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Second Division | 1st | Scottish League Cup 1st rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup semifinalists, Scottish Cup semifinalists  
    |2003/04 | Dumbarton    | Scottish First Division  | 1st | Scottish League Cup 3rd rnd, Scottish League Challenge Cup semifinalists, Scottish Cup 3rd rnd
    |2004/05 | Dumbarton    | Scottish Premier Division| 1st | Scottish League Cup winners, Scottish Cup 5th rnd
    I don't want to manage Dumbarton anymore, but it seems I'll have to. I did a test, resigned from Dumbarton and tried to get a job around Europe all summer, couldn't get anything. My world rep is still only poor (47th page of the list) so I'll have to work more to get it to fair or average and try again.

vCash
    Well done, surprised not a single job offer? Not even from old firm? Going to have a go when get back but been working all week on updating 0001 to now. Updated all of Scotland, added all players and managers and put in right leagues. Doing same to England now too, only div three and conf managers left to do but all in right leagues and last years league status done. Not trying to compete with obd, just want it for me to play. Nothing beats 0001 for me I'm afraid. All free transfers done and all top world clubs but at scary bit where inserting some clubs will corrupt db so just concentrating on where I want to manage first. Think 30k worth of players added.

vCash
    My nationality is Croatian, that could be the reason for the lack of offers. I'll work on my world rep and when I get to average or even good, I'll try to get jobs in leagues like Serie B, Liga Adelante, 2. Bundesliga and such. If I can't get them, then it's not worth the hassle I'm afraid.

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    My nationality is Croatian, that could be the reason for the lack of offers. I'll work on my world rep and when I get to average or even good, I'll try to get jobs in leagues like Serie B, Liga Adelante, 2. Bundesliga and such. If I can't get them, then it's not worth the hassle I'm afraid.
    Aim for that Champions League and see what follows, Cam has proven jobs are available but he could well have set himself to Scottish.

vCash
    They still are mainly Scottish based arnt they? Just now they are turd

vCash
    Doing same to England now too, only div three and conf managers left to do but all in right leagues and last years league status done.
    Make sure Dartford FC are awesome!

Not trying to compete with obd, just want it for me to play.
    I do my own work, too. When it comes to game mods, I never find that the right changes have been made, so I stick with vanilla and tweak it here and there where I can. I'm actually keeping my game in the 00/01 season. I don't have to mess with the staff database that way. I can name all the competitions to what they were actually called back then, maybe alter a few team colours, and call it good. I kind of like the fact that by the time I get to the current year in the game it will be filled with a bunch of unidentified regens. Pure fantasy!

Not trying to compete with obd, just want it for me to play. Nothing beats 0001 for me I'm afraid.
    Not convinced by your 01/02 3.9.60 testing, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Conquest View Post
    Make sure Dartford FC are awesome!

I do my own work, too. When it comes to game mods, I never find that the right changes have been made, so I stick with vanilla and tweak it here and there where I can. I'm actually keeping my game in the 00/01 season. I don't have to mess with the staff database that way. I can name all the competitions to what they were actually called back then, maybe alter a few team colours, and call it good. I kind of like the fact that by the time I get to the current year in the game it will be filled with a bunch of unidentified regens. Pure fantasy!

Not convinced by your 01/02 3.9.60 testing, eh?
    Not sure tbh. Here is what I have done so far that works on your 3.89 exe - https://www.sendspace.com/file/rx0y6q

vCash
    Sorry forgot to save screenshots as played last night.

League, too much ground to make up but finished 2nd in div 1 with Raith Rovers. Hope to get promoted this season and have the pain of Dumbarton now in first division with squad I built.

We only had Sco cup to play once took over but lost in semi finals to the Hibees.

vCash
    I'm sad to report that I had won the league, both domestic cups and UEFA Cup, then kept applying for every job for months and didn't get a single offer.

Back to FM 14, I guess. :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    I'm sad to report that I had won the league, both domestic cups and UEFA Cup, then kept applying for every job for months and didn't get a single offer.

Back to FM 14, I guess. :/
    Nooooo! Back to CM 00/01!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Conquest View Post
    Nooooo! Back to CM 00/01!
    Doubt it, I don't like 00/01 very much.

vCash
    So promoted to top flight, no job offers yet since Raith.

League won in canter.

Won the diddy cup

Knocked out both main cups in space of 3 days was a sore one I can't deny.

Current rep

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is it possible to download the 3.9.60 version ?

vCash
    Just install the game without adding any patches

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    never seen this, how do you see this?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast