Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Editor Queries

vCash
    I can open up the orignal saved gamed as i did a save as after i made the changes on the money...

Could you tell me exactly what numbers need to be in the cash part so i know im doing it right? As this is the only thing i changed.

If you are right about this game editor not compatible with my CM version, do you have a compatible version i cant try?

Thanks

vCash
    Which editor can i try with my CM version?

vCash
    Graeme kelly save game editor v4, youll find it in the downloads section, pretty straightforward to use

vCash
    Ok ive tried the grame kelly one and when ive made the changes and tried to ''update'' then it comes up with a run timev error?

vCash
    Any ideas guys?

vCash
    have you trie the CMExporer save game editor?

vCash
    Yes i have tried that one and it wasnt compatabile with the CM im playing.

My balance is showing 2.07BN...and im playing everyday to build up the balance. Im loosing hope of finding a fix. I want to ask, around what balance should i start seeing my transfer funds again?

Regards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by guldude View Post
    Yes i have tried that one and it wasnt compatabile with the CM im playing.

My balance is showing 2.07BN...and im playing everyday to build up the balance. Im loosing hope of finding a fix. I want to ask, around what balance should i start seeing my transfer funds again?

Regards.
    when you say "not compatible", what do you mean? in game settings, have you said "no" to save compressed? CMExplorer only works if you have save compressed turn to "no".

as for GK, i used to have issues and i got around them by editing one thing at once, then "updating" and then saving; then, i'd exit GK. i have managed to get it to work well now but i'm also using a mac so it's not apples to apples.

vCash
    Dermotron above said the CM explorer is not compatable with the the 3.90 version of CM- please read above.

I have tried doing one at a time on GK...it gave a ''overflow'' error etc...Hence i was asking if i carried on playing as i am, at what point do i get my transfer funds back?

vCash
    CMExplorer used to work fine with my 3.90 games - interestingly weird.

how much money do you have right now?

i lost all my money once, when i first played the game. it dropped me down to either £20m or £200m - can't remember.

sorry i can't be anymore help.

let's be honest, i'm yet to be convinced the makers of CM ever expected players to play for 30 plus years.

vCash
    I tried the CM Explorer and it wouldnt let me load up the edited game so im not sure what the problem is. It could be anything, every PC system is unique depending on what hardware and software we have installed. Its like a needle in a haystack.

I have 2.09BN showing in my Balance and Zero for Transfer. Even if it sets back to zero after the two billion mark, that means theres still 90million in my balance right? Which means i should be getting some sort of transfer balance, which is why i was asking at what point do the transfer funds come back or it a glitch and they never come back? If they dont come back, then i need to consider starting another game, perhaps the latest CM game etc as theres no fun left in keeping the same team without new contracts and new signings.

Yes im slowly loosing hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by guldude View Post
    I have tried doing one at a time on GK...it gave a ''overflow'' error etc...
    Something in the back of my mind tells me that this error is caused by one or more leagues being in the background - could be wrong but try moving all leagues to the foreground.

vCash
    How do i move the leagues to the foreground? Is that possible with the game so far advanced?

vCash
    I just loaded a new game with no background leagues and tried to edit on GK...it did the same error...''run time error 6...overflow''. So it cant be the leagues issue.

vCash
    Upload the save and I'll try fix it for you. Maybe the save game editors aren't compatible with Win8 if you are on that

vCash
    Good News!!

I carried on playing as you suggested and the balanced rolled to 2.14BN and then turned to Zero. But Transfer Funds have returned again. So far seems ok and problem seems fixed.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Gul

vCash
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but I am now getting a message appearing as Run-time error '9' Subscript Out Of Range....when I'm clicking to view watched players for regens. Does anyone know why this is suddenly appearing and how to resolve? Many thanks.

vCash

Question Accessing player data in save file

Hi all

I was unaware of existence of this amazing dedicated site. It is great that aged CM's have that great community.

What I would like to know about is how are savegame editors produced?
    Is there some kind of library for reading savegames?
    I would like to access and process my teams or/and all teams player skills.
    Preferably for CM 03/04 but any information will be useful.

vCash
    Hi mate, I think every CMseries has a Pre-Game editor, normally found in your main CM Folder.

Not sure how save games editors are produced but there are two examples here:

CM Explorer

Graeme Kelly EDITOR

vCash
    Thanks for the answer. I know that there are Pre-Game editors but they are useless with saved games. Even if they weren't I can't extract data from them anyway.

Yes, I know the second one I used it in a past.
    Too bad they are not much use to me since they have no code supplied so I could learn something about save game structure(sav one not cm4 but still).
    If I was skilled enough I would try to disassemble or decompile cm0304.exe or/and mcm0304 or/and cmscout but I'm not. At least not without some major guidance.

I'm looking for something more like in this thread http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3028.
    It's a shame that the link is dead. I could probably learn quite a lot from it.
    If I could have a 03/04 version then it would basically solve everything. Of course I would have to code what I want to do with the save file but that is not a problem.

vCash

Runtime error 6 Overflow

Hi i'm having an issue with the CM3 Series Savegame editor.
    I'm trying to edit the stadium of the club but when i try to save the savegame it says: runtime error 6 overflow.
    And when i restart the game of course nothing has changed.
    Does anyone know what the problem is?

vCash
    You can try running as administrator to ensure changes happen in game but if you get run time error you have done something wrong, maybe entered incorrect number?

vCash
    Been playing this game for a few years on another laptop which started to fail so I took all data & moved to a new laptop. Game runs fine, save games are fine but the Save Game Editor v3.8 won't load a game. I double click the icon, it loads the screen saying open, exit, options etc... I click open, select my game, click load, I get the loading screen going through the 24 odd stages as usual. Then that screen disappears and nothing happens.... usually the editor screen would load at this point but nothing happens.

Has anyone come across this before as I'm stumped at the moment. Please help.

vCash
    Are you running as Administrator?

I know there are a few versions of the Save Game Editor, try this one I am using:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pficrs

vCash
    hello
    I'm having a problem with CM, anyone can help?
    got a version 3.8.96T, april 2015 data updated
    used CM Explorer to transfer players on saved game
    and now new players are in my team, everything is ok in that matter, but the point is I can't give them squad numbers (not manual and not auto as well) so they can't play in matches
    am I doing something wrong?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast