Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Save Game Editor Queries

vCash

Save Game Editor Queries

Right so i have been playing around with the editor for the last few hours now. Mostly changing regen names/adding dual nationalities in the English leagues to represent the heterogeneity of Modern British football (very OCD this! and i've always wanted to makes these changes on CM.). However after saving these changes it drastically alters all regenerated players. After holidaying for a bit i have noticed that new regen players now have obscure names from North African, South Asian and South Pacific nations.

e: Remembered that I made these changes on the editor with the game running in the background. Perhaps this is the reason why rgens names corrupted? Just started a new game and made some changes with the explorer after saving and exiting the saved game and there doesn't seem to be the same problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishizaki View Post
    Right so i have been playing around with the editor for the last few hours now. Mostly changing regen names/adding dual nationalities in the English leagues to represent the heterogeneity of Modern British football (very OCD this! and i've always wanted to makes these changes on CM.). However after saving these changes it drastically alters all regenerated players. After holidaying for a bit i have noticed that new regen players now have obscure names from North African, South Asian and South Pacific nations.

e: Remembered that I made these changes on the editor with the game running in the background. Perhaps this is the reason why rgens names corrupted? Just started a new game and made some changes with the explorer after saving and exiting the saved game and there doesn't seem to be the same problem.
    yeh that could be the problem. I would strongly recommend if you are making massive changes like that to do it with a pre-game editor and not a save game editor. There is also a GK Save Game Editor in the download section, I actually prefer that for some things rather than CM Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Has anyone ever managed Wigan?
    Yeh, ages ago, just so I could have Roberto Martinez as my MC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    yeh that could be the problem. I would strongly recommend if you are making massive changes like that to do it with a pre-game editor and not a save game editor. There is also a GK Save Game Editor in the download section, I actually prefer that for some things rather than CM Explorer.
    Whilst I too prefer the GK Save Game Editor (easier interface, more editing options), as far as I was aware you can only edit players attributes and preferences. There isn't/doesn't seem to be an option to modify a player's name or nationality.

vCash
    You can change the nationaility just not the players name.

You can add nicknames 'in game' if that helps

vCash
    You can change the nationaility just not the players name.

You can add nicknames 'in game' if that helps
    Yes, I noticed soon after making the post. The issue with editing regen names remains though. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on my part that something could be done about an issue that has always bugged me. Not that it takes anything away from the game, but it would have enhanced the experience.

After further testing and a bit of researching online it does seem that the CM Explorer corrupts a data file (possible the first_name and second_name.dat files) when too many modifications are made to an existing save, regardless of whether CM 01/02 is running in the background or not. I had a look through the Dugout's CM 01/02 archive and noticed a member of the forums addressing this issue: http://www.thedugout.tv/community/sh...ad.php?t=11793.

I would like to know why this happens and how to prevent the problem, if possible, from occurring but I expect it's not something that has been looked in to in any great detail + not that relevant because most people who use a pre-game editor/gk editor/have never tried to make these small changes to the game + the editor being at least a decade old...

edit: I guess this confusion came from a line in the description of the explorer which caught my eye: "Edit names to resolve name generation problems."

vCash
    How can it enhance an experience of the game by having regens named the same as they player they regenned from each to their own I guess.

Have you tried the nickname thing, a lot quicker and no need for an editor.

The solution would be to not make too many modifications all at once. I have used it time and time again for the CML and DTl competitions run on this site, as long as I save after every change ive never had a problem

vCash
    How can it enhance an experience of the game by having regens named the same as they player they regenned from each to their own I guess.
    Eh? That's never been my intention. What I wanted to do, and perhaps it might seem silly but it's one of the few features of the latest Football Management simulations which imo CM 01/02 lacks, is to add realism to English clubs (and possibly abroad), particularly the big clubs, by changing the names and nationalities of the young regens that come through after a year/eighteen months of game time. On the early Championship Managers it's clear that regen names are taken from a limited list of first and last names designated to a nation on the pre-game database. Consequently, in ten or fifteenth years, the football league is full of Martin's, Mick's, Ray's, Dave's but no Jamie's, Jake's, Jack's etc. Similarly they'll inevitably be two competing sides with three or four Smiths in their team. Now I realise its a ubiquitous surname but it doesn't really represent the culturally versatile football pyramid of modern English football.

Also regens mostly take the nationality of the club they regenerate into. Occasionally a player might be a dual nationality, or for example an English league club might regenerate a Irish, Scottish, or Welsh player. That's fine but most top club's academies will have a mix of ethnicity. Frimpong, Muamba at Arsenal as an example. Islam Feruz at Rangers. Or the dozens of foreigners who have come through at numerous EPL clubs recently.

What I intended to do with the editor was attempt to address this minor triviality, alas it was asking too much of a ten year old game but it still doesn't detract from its legacy.

Different strokes...

... Actually reading this back i've come across as fastidious, persnickety and borderline insane. Thanks for your responses Fodster

vCash
    I'd imagine its more to do with database size than anything - it would appear you are using Min or Normal (and I imagine a Tapani patch).

There are ~6400 surnames listed as English in the current DB of which I'd say 1 in 40-50 is not a 'traditional English' surname - Tarkowski, Fuccillo, Bangura etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I'd imagine its more to do with database size than anything - it would appear you are using Min or Normal (and I imagine a Tapani patch).

There are ~6400 surnames listed as English in the current DB of which I'd say 1 in 40-50 is not a 'traditional English' surname - Tarkowski, Fuccillo, Bangura etc.
    True. Holidayed with the maximum database and there does seem to be more variety. thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishizaki View Post
    Eh? That's never been my intention. What I wanted to do, and perhaps it might seem silly but it's one of the few features of the latest Football Management simulations which imo CM 01/02 lacks, is to add realism to English clubs (and possibly abroad), particularly the big clubs, by changing the names and nationalities of the young regens that come through after a year/eighteen months of game time. On the early Championship Managers it's clear that regen names are taken from a limited list of first and last names designated to a nation on the pre-game database. Consequently, in ten or fifteenth years, the football league is full of Martin's, Mick's, Ray's, Dave's but no Jamie's, Jake's, Jack's etc. Similarly they'll inevitably be two competing sides with three or four Smiths in their team. Now I realise its a ubiquitous surname but it doesn't really represent the culturally versatile football pyramid of modern English football.

Also regens mostly take the nationality of the club they regenerate into. Occasionally a player might be a dual nationality, or for example an English league club might regenerate a Irish, Scottish, or Welsh player. That's fine but most top club's academies will have a mix of ethnicity. Frimpong, Muamba at Arsenal as an example. Islam Feruz at Rangers. Or the dozens of foreigners who have come through at numerous EPL clubs recently.

What I intended to do with the editor was attempt to address this minor triviality, alas it was asking too much of a ten year old game but it still doesn't detract from its legacy.

Different strokes...

... Actually reading this back i've come across as fastidious, persnickety and borderline insane. Thanks for your responses Fodster
    this

Good luck mate

vCash

Save Game Editor Queries

Been playing this game for a few years and any issues I usually work through or find the answer on here, but this one has me stumped.

When I launch the Graeme Kelly Save Game Editor and choose my save file, it comes up saying Unable to detect CM version. Contract/finances editing disabled.

Sorry if I'm posting this and it is a known issue and I missed the thread.

http://postimg.org/image/qiw4bby55/

vCash
    I think its possibly a conflict likely caused by having different versions of CM on your pc?

Click to run GK editor, on the screen where it shows the open and exit buttons above them is "Options", Click that and you'll get a box popup with CM3 installations on it with a tickbox at the bottom says "show on startup" make sure that is ticked. And also make sure that for the game your playing you have specified the correct path to the CM folder.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That did it. Thanks.

vCash
    In GK, how do I show the hidden atrributes?

vCash
    Its the Attributes 2 tab

vCash

CM3 Series Savegame editor

When saving an edited game, it does not replace the existing one. Instead the existing one appears with a padlock next to it.

Where does the edited game go? The programme seems to be editing it when I reload it.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Run the editor and the game as an admin.... that should solve your problem

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash

Question Request - How to change CL qualified Prem teams and...

make transfers using the default editor.
    For some reason using the default editir doesn't register changes in-game even after being saved, or it corrupts the database.

Someone please do very kindly let me know!

A few of us started a network game using 2.19 patch. Now that we've finished the first season and I've informed of the 2.19 causing huge shortage of quality players compared to 2.19.2, we've decided to start a new game on 2.19.2.

The thing is, a couple of us qualified for CL, and we don't want to start our team-building from scratch again.

I thought a quick dabble with the editor and the euro cfg file would do the trick, but neither have worked.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

vCash
    run the editor as Administrator

Edit the Euro COnfig to but again remember to run as admin

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Editing the euro.cfg wont work in current games, you will need to start a new game for those games

Ditto changes, changing them in the editor won't change them in a current save game, use a save game editor like either of these

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...?do=file&id=16

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...?do=file&id=19

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash

Tri Wasano Editor

Is the Tri Wasono Editor (pre-game editor) even working?
    I changed some players' attributes and saved them.
    When I restarted the editor my changes are all there.
    i also see my changes in the official CM0102 editor.

But when start a new CM0102 game, none of the changes are there!

Any idea what's happening?

Samsami
    Last edited by samsami; 15-12-14 at 10:38 AM.

vCash
    Did you run the editor in administration mode?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestillidie00 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No I wasn't! But the changes show up even after I restart the editor. They also show up in the cm0102 editor.
    So must be recorded somewhere.

But the program (when I start a new game) doesn't know about the changes I made

So I will run in admin mode and see what happens.

Thanks!
    Last edited by samsami; 15-12-14 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Are your editor and cm0102.exe pointing to the same database ?

What changes are you making ? if it is to player attributes, it is not an exact science. The attributes do have a certain amount of randomisation when a new game is started.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Nah if you don't run it as admin it's almost like it creates a cloned set of data.... so you'll get the admin version pointing at your proper folder and the non-admin programs pointing to the hidden folder

Run everything as admin.... it will solve all your problems

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast