Installing CM0102 on Windows 8
Forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere, but I'm after a step by step guide to installing CM 01 02 on Windows 8.
I've seen that other people have had difficulties, so am hoping to not run into the same problems myself.
I have the disc, and would like to download the latest data update, along with Tapani 2.19.
I have only moderate technical knowledge, so will appreciate something nice and simple!
Thanks in advance, as this will enable me to maintain my long standing addiction! :-)
As long as you know how to extract files on a computer, you will fly through the setup! I see you have the disc. Install the game in full, then carry on from step 5 below. If you have problems with the disc, you don't necessarily need this.
1. Download the official game. (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...p?do=file&id=2)
2. Extract the game from it's .zip folder.
3. You will now have a .iso file. Windows 8 comes with a pre-installed tool for mounting iso files, so double click on it to mount the file.
4. Go to 'Computer', double click on CM0102 in your drives list, and install the game.
5. Download, extract and install the official 3.9.68 patch. (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...p?do=file&id=3)
6. Download your chosen data update (if any). (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2)
7. Extract any data update, and copy and paste all files to the Data folder, usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Data".
8. Apply the 2.19 patch.
9. Set compatibility and run as administrator by right clicking on your cm0102.exe file, choosing Properties at the bottom and clicking on the Compatibility tab. Choose Windows 98 / ME as version and tick the admin box.
10. Get the kettle on.
11. Go play!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bine ye For This Useful Post:
The Following User Says Thank You to milo For This Useful Post: