Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal/Rock Music Thread

vCash

Cool Metal/Rock Music Thread

MERGE THIS THREAD INTO MUSIC AT YOUR FECKING PERIL!

Because Cam F can have his own music thread dedicated to Trance, so hey, let's do METAL/ROCK separate instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

Starting with something easy to swallow as warming up...

Man eating tree <3

Then we move into more gloomy atmosphere with Paradise Lost...

Going to the band which started the whole Progressive Metal genre... Dream Theater!

Now it's time to move onto HEAVIER stuff not for those with weak heart . Xerath!

Moving onto one of the best bands when it comes to Melodic Death Metal... Insomnium. Yes, that band name means Lack of Sleep for good reasons .

And to finish this off, the female fronted death metal band... Arch Enemy

Alissa fits the shoes of departed band member Angela (who is now director/producer).

If Cam F can have his thread, so can I! Democracy! (see how stupid this is?)

vCash
    \m/ good taste!

vCash
    yeah, I like/ own most of that. Carry on.

vCash
    If you are so willing. You find most amazing tunes in metal genre, not even kidding. It's the only genre you will find huge classical music influence... .

Diablo Swing Orchestra shows what mish-mash of styles is all about.

But they are caught up by Canadian band which goes under the name of Unexpect:

If that's too hard to swallow, take a chill pill with Guns'n'Roses and Axl Rose...

Need I remind you this tune was on Terminator?

Continuing with slow melodies, we get to another female fronted Symphonic Metal Band.

Sharon del Adel is Netherlands Goddess in this genre. This tune is even more complete with great COMA vocalist vocals (Piotr Rogucki).

While we are still at females in metal...

Not mentioning of Nightwish would be crazy . Especially now, since they have gotten themselves another Netherlands born vocalist: Floor Jansen.

Topping it off with Epica:

The name of the band suggests that ALL their work is: work of art and simply EPIC.

Now let's move on to USA for 2 bands who made the names for themselves early on in 80s:

Everyone should know about Metallica right? RIGHT?!

Sadly, Metallica changed their style from Thrash metal to something like Heavy Rock in recent years... Therefore...

I am glad there is a band like Testament who stayed true to themselves. THRASH METAL AT ITS BEST! (ok someone will respond with: what about Slayer? Dunno ).

No more about USA... Let's get back to Europe. To our fellow friends from Germany:

Can't say how I love this band in words. Their musicanship is just... Awesome. Can you believe they have been on scene from 1980s? O_O

However, they are not the best Power Metal band to come from Germany... This title belongs to Blind Guardian and Hansi. Seriously, if you haven't heard about this band, you were living under rock for long while. Have a listen to best concert DVD ever. EVERY FUCKING SONG is MASTERCLASS. Period.

Ending this post with historical metal band? One of kind? The band which comes from Sweden. Feeling Poles with PRIDE?

How many bands could pull that one of? Lyrics are phenomenal. True story told in a song. Amazing stuff... But you need to be open minded to accept what metal brings to you.

vCash

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash

that work?

vCash

ok, looked like that worked but this page is killing my computer! let's try another. This is wrongly credited to Jimi Hendrix as a solo act, but it was the Jimi Hendrix experience performing, I love Jimi and he was an amazing guitar player, but he couldn't compose a song to save his life. Tripped out 20 minute jam sessions are incredible musicality, but not exactly commercial material, anyway I chose this because I think it is him at his best....but in a nice neat package

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post

that work?
    Indeed . It's rock... Although old, but great

Guess, people won't expect me to post this. Skillet is Christian rock band after all .
    But that DVD was ace. Love every song on it . (recommend listening to The Last Night and Lucy -> soft songs).

One of the best known UK bands? Second only to Black Sabbath I guess .

Luxtorpeda... Wait no. Arka Noego is still Polish Christian Children fronted band, but under influence of Luxtorpeda (same guy created bands - Litza ).

Speaking of the devil. Here is Luxtorpeda. I know it's in Polish, but hey, musicanship is what should matter .

vCash

this song is a bit longer, but IT IS MY FAVOURITE SONG OF ALL TIME EVER, no matter how many times I play this song, I NEVER get bored of it, ever, I love it you should all listen to it, and even if you don't like it, you can appreciate how I feel a lot of the time

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    RATM. If someone does not know about them, they know shit about what good music is .

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    You don't need any other heavy metal except original line-up Slayer

vCash
    Slayer can kiss my arse

vCash
    not in the original line-up they can't.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Current Slayer probably would for a decent paycheque...... No Jeff and no Dave means band isn't as good as it used to be..... Jeff wrote the majority of their good songs

vCash

The one and only Percival from Poland. The band making the music for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Germans. They are just something else... So many good bands come from Europe .

Told you... Germans bands are awesome .

Except for Justin Bieber, Canadians have band like that... And Silverstein... And Sum 41... And Nickelback... And Theory of a Deadman!

vCash

vCash
    Is it rap? Is it metal? Is it raptal?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is quite great .

If you like Children of Bodom, check this band out...

And this one too:

Those riffs, those choirs. Even if it's hard to understand what they sing about (well, they apparently sign in English ), but musically this CD blows my mind.

Plus old, but gold

Luuuuuuuuuuuunaaaaaaaaaa.

vCash

Just something I stumbled upon while listening to Arch Enemy. Must say, it caught me. Like a heavier version of Nickelback.

And by far one of my fav bands. FFDP.

Rise Against (don't mistake them with RATM )

Anyone? Share some love for SOAD .

vCash

Oh little did you know about this band huh? Death is only the beginning...

Am I the only one who FIRST and foremost listens to MUSICAL side of the song in metal genre? The voices/lyrics come later, with few exceptions. Maybe I am just weird .

Just like here... What do you get when you mix trance with metal. Answer: Blood Stain Child. The first band to do it in such BIG way (of course In-Flames was influencial here, they even mastered the CD for Japanese guys. YES, BSC is from JAPAN).

Black metal wouldn't be the same if not for Dani Filth...

I believe there is no need to introduce anyone to Cradle of Filth . Unless you lived in pure bliss...

Plus one of most underrated Progressive Metal bands:

You know what to seek in progressive music right? Melodicaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal symphony wall plus amazing... Guitar... Work. Oh and here chorus just KICKS ass.

Plus someone for UK guys. DRAGONFORCE. Yes, speaking of Dragonforce with ZP still with them (nowadays, this band turned to "yet another average Power Metal band" sadly). Back when great riffs were matched with brilliant vocals. Damn, how I miss ZP.

vCash

"I will fail you, of that I am sure.
    I will remind you of a pain forevermore
    and when my sins are just a memory, faith restored
    I will fail you, to the core."

Yes, that song just beat my mind and can't get out. Sorry for that . (Christian Metal )

vCash

Sum of all things obsessional in life.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Islandic Viking/Folk Metal. Sweet.

No need to say anything here .

ALL THE MIGHTY AMON!!!

vCash
    I heard "Metal music" and i had to step in.

I'm going to put this compilation i made and uploaded right here...

Note how this is Part 50. I do have 50 compilations of this, my music taste is too broad for me to send song by song. Check me out, maybe you find something you like.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ExecutioN14 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched pretty much all till 30 part . Funnily enough known 99% of those .

Must be quite a maniac [well, listening to almost every music out there for 25+ years can't do you good - and it started with classic music! (as was playing piano/keyboard as kid for like 6 years)] .

Guano Apes .

Now those guys do have songs I did grow up to and Sandra Nasic was and is always awesome.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast