Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Italian League Structure

vCash

Italian League Structure

What i can do with the march update 2013 , to have 20 teams in Seria A Italy.
    Can anyoane help me ?

316'sRegen Unattached
    there is no tapanified version yet. What you are asking involves changing the league structure. Go to the patches discussion board & read "how to tapanify a data set" (or words to that effect )

vCash
    you need to tapanify your database. or ask zozoa very nicely though I doubt he got the time.

vCash
    Can't you just Tapanify one league? Or does that need to be done through Olly or the likes?

vCash
    that actually works as I was testing it like that back then doing one league at a time. can't obv load the other leagues though as they will be incorrect or prone to crash.

vCash
    Patinoz , i load italia and in seria A i have just 18 teams. any suggestions ?

vCash
    Patinoz , i load italia and in seria A i have just 18 teams. any suggestions ??!?!

vCash
    you need to tapanify the database. instructions on how it is done are here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...-quot-database

or you can just play with the tapanified database from september. will be a tiny tad out of date but saves you lots of work. download here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=139

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hooffik View Post
    Can anyoane help me ?
    Quite by coincidence this is something I have on my list of things to experiment with. I'll have a look now and report back. Although I should say that John Locke has included 3 up/3 down between Serie A and Serie B on his patch.

vCash
    Seems there is an issue with clubs into Italian Cup. Unfortunately this happens when trying to alter numbers of teams in certain divisions. I am still experimenting though.

vCash
    Setting the Final Positions in the Editor should help that. The 2 excess teams will need to have final position that refers to last seasons Serie A

vCash
    Golly, you've probably got them already but I have 0x64151b & 0x641522 as the offsets for memory required and number of teams respectively.

vCash
    I did notice that Tapani has altered 2 offsets for the Italian Cup on his 3.12 patch (where Serie A has 20 teams and Serie B has 22). ie Both league expanded by 2 teams. These are...

0063FBFE |. 8078 5F 0F |CMP BYTE PTR DS:[EAX+5F],0F
    0063FE2D |. 80F9 0F |CMP CL,0F

Both 0F (15) values are changed to 0B (11). A value change of 4- the same amount as the increase in teams is Serie A and B combined. It might be just a coincidence?

The original structure is...

Group Stage
    8 groups of 4
    32 teams - 2 from Serie A (3rd and 4th in Serie B previous season), all 20 from Serie B and 5 clubs each from C1A and C1B (4 clubs relegated from Serie B and 6 highest placed clubs not promoted from C1A and C1B ie 3rd to 5th)
    Group winners progress

Round 1
    8 knock-out games
    16 teams - 8 from Serie A + 8 Group winners

Round 2
    8 knock-out games
    16 teams - 8 Serie A + Round 1 winners

Quarter-Final
    4 knock-out games
    8 teams - Round 2 winners

etc, etc...

I noticed on original game (3.9.68) and database that one club from Serie C1A or C1B are drawn into 2 groups- guessing the cup would crash if they progressed from both groups. I believe this is because Fiorentina finished the previous season in 17th in Serie A and were demoted to Serie C2B. Therefore there is one club missing from the qualifiers (Serie A 17th) and the lowest ranked club gets drawn twice as a consequence. Tried it 3 times and happened everytime.

Had a quick play- put Fiorentina into Serie B from C2B, Ternana from Serie B to C1A and Alzano from Serie C1A to C2B and ran the game...

And Lanciano (the team in twice everytime) was only in one group and Fiorentina were in too. Proves, that having the previous season's league positions sorted is important for Italian Cup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLocke View Post
    Golly, you've probably got them already but I have 0x64151b & 0x641522 as the offsets for memory required and number of teams respectively.
    Yeah played with them already and the corresponding offsets for Serie B (expanding to 22 teams).

vCash
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

But on the topic of making Italy more like real life, I was wondering if it was possible to remove Serie C2C from the game and still have relegation between C1, C2 and below.

vCash
    The Big On/Off Switch might work for that.

vCash
    italy still has c2 in real life, starting 2014-15 (probably) it will be merged into c1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    italy still has c2 in real life, starting 2014-15 (probably) it will be merged into c1
    I know that.

But instead of the traditional 3 Groups (Girone) it is now only 2. I wasn't talking about wiping out all of C2. Just Girone C.

I was wondering if it was possible to make C2 into just two groups, like it is in real life. I'm sure the Serie C Cup would cause major issues though.

Italy really is a mess these days. I had no idea they were planing to merge the Lega Pro leagues.

vCash
    italy is always a mess, and not just for football...

sorry, i didn't see you meant to remove group c2c only but i'm quite sure that won't work with the on/off tool, because if you remove it who will be promoted to serie c1 the following year? only 4 teams from c2a & c2b but c1 needs 6 teams from c2 so the game will surely crash.

you could do it as a patch via olly or the likes, removing c2c and allowing 3 promotions from c2a & c2b and 9 relegations to serie d (in real life the worst 3 of each group + the 2 semifinal relegation playoff losers + the final playoff loser).
    but i guess that's really really hard to do for us, don't know, you can try to ask one of our patchers maybe :joyous:

vCash
    Well considering that the format will change again in 2 years, its pretty much a waste of time now.

What are we going to do when Serie C is only one level with 3 divisions?

vCash
    the update team can't do so much actually as we don't/can't update formats, etc.

for what i know, there will be 3 groups with 20 teams each and maybe serie b will have again 20 teams (but that's not sure yet), while serie a should keep 20 team, so there will be 20+20(or 22)+60 = 100 (or 102) pro teams.

in our game we have 18+20+36+54 = 128 teams, so 26/28 extra teams.

i think we'll use the current system, i.e. put the best teams in the right divisions and extra teams will be ''relegated'' to the lower tier or missing teams ''promoted'' from it.

but maybe someone will create a patch by then :watermelon:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hooffik View Post
    Can anyoane help me ?
    Use one of the Tapanified league patches that are based on the March update

vCash
    Maybe it would be possible to change Serie B so that clubs are relegated to Serie C2/? and change Serie C2/? so that clubs are promoted to Serie B. You would probably have to have 6 Serie B clubs relegated or remove the Promotion spot from Serie C2/? and just have 4 teams play-offs for 1 promotion spot and then 3 relegated from Serie B.

You could also try changing Serie C2/? so that clubs are relegated to what is now Serie C1/? and so that clubs are promoted from Serie C1/? to Serie C2/?

And then you would have to change where teams relegated from Series C1/? go to or maybe just remove relegation from this level as getting teams into that level will be difficult.

You might want to edit the Italian Cup and remove references to Serie C1/? and replace them with references to Serie C2/? also as the Italian Cup is a pain in the arse.

Basically it's a lot of work. And it might not work anyway, but it must be worth a go.

vCash
    The future Italian structure will actually match the current structure for Portugal in the game.

I wonder if a patch could be made swapping Italy for Portugal once 2014 rolls around?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    Maybe it would be possible to change Serie B so that clubs are relegated to Serie C2/? and change Serie C2/? so that clubs are promoted to Serie B. You would probably have to have 6 Serie B clubs relegated or remove the Promotion spot from Serie C2/? and just have 4 teams play-offs for 1 promotion spot and then 3 relegated from Serie B.
    i think that's a good idea but future serie c will have only 4 promotions: 3 winners of each group plus the only playoff winner (where there will play 3 second ranked, 3 third ranked and the best 2 fourth ranked), while current c2 in game has 6 promotions (the winners of each group plus the playoff winner from each group), and serie b has 4 relegations now.
    but the relegation system to serie d will be the same as it is now in game from serie c2 to serie d.

You could also try changing Serie C2/? so that clubs are relegated to what is now Serie C1/? and so that clubs are promoted from Serie C1/? to Serie C2/?

And then you would have to change where teams relegated from Series C1/? go to or maybe just remove relegation from this level as getting teams into that level will be difficult.
    i think you mean swapping c1 with c2, but then you will have a useless c1 that's not realistic, so i'd prefer your previous idea.

You might want to edit the Italian Cup and remove references to Serie C1/? and replace them with references to Serie C2/? also as the Italian Cup is a pain in the arse.

Basically it's a lot of work. And it might not work anyway, but it must be worth a go.
    i think italian cup would be easy to fix as you just have to change last positions, pretending teams played in serie c1 last year, even if c1 is not being played anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    The future Italian structure will actually match the current structure for Portugal in the game.

I wonder if a patch could be made swapping Italy for Portugal once 2014 rolls around?
    yeah, but then portugal will be messed up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast