Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Tactic League (new thread)

vCash

Open Tactic League (new thread)

Welcome to the new Open Tactic League thread.

HISTORY:
    The league was started by Airwick some time ago and launched a series of well-loved tactic packs (which will return!). Airwick had plans to test virtually every tactic ever put on this forum, and some that weren't, which would have led to a table of around 1,000 tactics. Sadly, before he could finish this, Airwick could no longer keep the league running. At this point, the baton was passed to league leader, tactical genius and all-round CM 00/01 lover Cam F. Under his stewardship, the league continued to grow and evolve.

When Cam wanted to pass the league on, there were no willing volunteers until Sam decided to pick up the mantle. However, his absence has left the league devoid of direction and I've decided that if I can't win this league, I may as well run it.

The previous thread is here.

VERSION:
    I run the 2.18 Tapani patch for speed/idle sensitivity purposes.

BENCHMARK
    The benchmark is De Graafschap in the Dutch Eredivisie, using 3.9.68 data. The savegame can be found here.

TESTING: This essentially works on the honour system so be honest.
    - Use the provided savegame
    - You can only test tactics that are not your own! (if you want your tactic tested please post it in this thread)
    - Set the formation to the tactic you are testing.
    - Go into Holiday mode - Do not buy players, do not sell players, use current match tactics.
    - DON'T change assistant's stats
    - Run the holiday for a season, record De Graafschap's results for the season.
    - Run this nine more times and post all the season results in this thread.
    - N.B. I personally turn off all Autosaving and retire & restart after the season for simplicity's sake.

CURRENT STANDINGS:
    The standings asd of 31/12/2014 can be downloaded here. ALL TACTICS UP TO POST #67.

Current top 20:

Complete table:

In the spreadsheet, there is a WIBWOB status, based on how Wibwobbed the tactic is. If the tactic has no status, I don't have it in my archive. So if you have one of the following tactics, please send it my way:
    Spoiler!

Finally, the spreadsheet has a second page, full of the tactics that Airwick originally wanted to test and some others I have added. Some of these are old, some are reasonably new. If you wish to help fulfill Airwick's original vision and you have the time, this is a definitive list. I have all tactics that are in blue. Once tactics have been tested, I can move them into the league.
    Last edited by faz44; 31-12-14 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Updated to 31/12/2014 and post 63

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    UPDATE 0

NB. This is a guide to changes in the league between the old thread and this.

The league as of Update 0 (22/10/2014) is here.

1. I have added all the tactics which had been tested in the last thread but were not in Cam F's last official table. If you've submitted a tactic and it's not on the list of new tactics, please resubmit for testing. I tried to download all the tactics on the thread that I thought had been missed, most of the download links had expired.
    2. I have checked all the data on the OTL list and put in sums and formulae for data rather than having static data that might be wrong. As a result, you will notice some tactics have fallen compared to their previous rankings, some have risen. The data for these tactics was fine but totals had been incorrectly calculated. So Cam F's Mentalist has risen two places to 3rd while Haniel's 451 Freestyle (Alternative) has fallen from 8th to 16th. Between the new tactics and recalculations, this should explain some of the "unexplained" movement you'll see.
    3. Some of the data was incorrect. 23 tactics had WDL records that didn't add up to 340. Some were near (339 or 341), some were way off (370!). As a result, of these 23, I've retested all the tactics I had, 15 thus far. Some have risen sharply, some have fallen. These are denoted on the sheet with their last position being maroon. The tactics I don't have are in a state of limbo at the bottom of the sheet and are the cells are coloured yellow.
    4. If you look at the spreadsheet, you will see I have added a few columns. Firstly, I've reinstated the Last Position. This may not last but with all the changes in this iteration, I felt it was necessary. I have added a column to denote the WIBWOB status of a tactic. This will hopefully allow me to easily produce a non-wibwob league. I've also added average goal difference, as this should be the tiebreaker between tactics with the same number of points.

New tactics:

Tactics with incorrect data that have been retested:
    Last edited by faz44; 29-10-14 at 10:09 PM. Reason: To put into the new update format

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Faz.. Here is Mentalist, Iodine433, 451 freestyle and 451 freestyle (alternative), DWSv5, Boredone and 433CJF

https://www.sendspace.com/file/94vnga

vCash
    Can you test my tactic "The Remix" please

vCash
    It's on the list and will be done in the next couple of days. Completely burned out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No worries, great job on this btw!

Cheers!

vCash
    Wow impressed by your passion and organisation of this.

With that in mind spent 30 mins scouring my 26 installs (0001 & 0102) and found most of the tacs you were looking for - https://www.sendspace.com/file/4y5xi1

vCash
    Thanks Cam, I'll look at these when I get home. Wanted to take it over last time but had too much on my plate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OH VICTORY var2 link below for testing please!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/axpb9e

Thanks faz44 for bringing this back - much appreciated.

Edited: oh, and no rush at all on this!

vCash
    My friend is visiting so today is a bust. However, I'll start up tomorrow night. Already have 10 tactics for the next update.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OK, I'm retesting the following tactics today, which will reduce the number of sequestered tactics to three:
    BoredOne1
    DWS V
    MobiusAA
    352Killer
    Titova-Juga 4-1-2-2-1 v3

I'm testing these new tactics also:
    The Remix
    OH VICTORY var2

And as part of trying to get through Airwick's untested tactics archive, I'll also be doing:
    4132Pool ("the legendary...")

If anybody wants any other results included, please PM asap so I can await the results.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    whenever you have enough time...for testing my tactic "11-361" https://www.sendspace.com/file/84s1u7

vCash

Update 1

Update 1 - 29/10/2014

Eight tactics have been tested and retested since the last update. This is the list of their results:

Off all the retested tactics, the most extreme case of undertesting was BoredOne1, which got to 41st place off the back of just 293 games so its arrival in the top 10 is not the biggest surprise. However, during testing, its results were so good at one point, I thought it would take the top spot though it came up short. Three of the other four retests climbed also, though 352Killer was overtested originally so falls a little.

The new ones probably didn't do as well as they hoped. I think a remix of The Remix will be required to hit the heights you need to crack the top 50 (need to be getting 30+ wins per season at least three times out of 10).

Legendary non-wibwob tactic 4132Pool performed reasonably well and is the 8th best NWW tactic in the league. Here is the top 20:

NWW zealots, I'd love to see what can be achieved without changing these screens. So please put your best up on the thread and see where it gets in the NWW category.

The following tactics are now in my archive and their WIBWOB status has been recorded:
    Spoiler!

I also received these tactics on the "sequestered list" which were retested and added to the archive:
    Spoiler!

Thanks to both EL-TOPPO and Cam F for their help on these.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oh well. Quite pleased with 770 goals at least!

Thanks again for bringing the OTL back.

vCash
    Ahh i'll submit my other tactic just for fun like.

It's called Sheepy and is a wibwobbed 41311 formation

https://www.sendspace.com/file/41rzg3

vCash
    Happy with the defensive record but it needs to score more goals. Disappointed not to get in top 100.

More work to do it seems!

vCash
    Cracking the very very top is now very difficult. 87.5 with de Graafschap is obscene.

vCash
    Hi everyone! I created new tactic. (brazen.tct) Without Ball: 2-3-2-2-1 GK-DC-DC-DML-DMR-DMC-MC-MC-AMC-AMC-FC. With Ball: all out attact except two DC's. Impressive offensive records.
    ODB on Holiday mode first season with Torino 34g 25w 5d 4L 91g 48a 80p.
    Tried many times on holiday mode first season...., always gained 2nd-3rd-or 4th place in league table, always 1st place Goals for.

Try it! Won't regret!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pg90rs

vCash
    Hi Faz! Brilliant work by the way, you've done a great thing by reigniting the tactics league, although I don't envy you doing all the work that goes into it!

Could you test my tweaked version of Ailton's 4411? I *think* I've improved on it, if my save game is anything to go by, so I'd like to see how it gets on in this tactic league.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/x2h77j

Many thanks xoxo

vCash
    Never xoxo again.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's a deal!

vCash
    EDIT: Moved to a later post.
    Last edited by faz44; 26-11-14 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    Faz,

can i upload a save or DB that i have been working on for you lads to test your tactics on?
    but be warned,

you will be up agains this guy =

AI controlled 442 [same real madrid as the oct release, formation wise]

i have tweaked players/managers to make it harder [i hope] for players, hopefully this can be put in updates if it is half decent?

cheers

vCash
    Put it up. Have to preserve the integrity of the league for now but it'd be interesting to see how the top tactics do against an updated DB where everybody plays 4-5-1.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    Put it up. Have to preserve the integrity of the league for now but it'd be interesting to see how the top tactics do against an updated DB where everybody plays 4-5-1.
    ??

that ronaldo shot is 442 mate.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast