Twenty Questions (Episode 29 - ClayDatsusara)
Twenty Questions (Episode 1 - Mark)
This is something which I used to run a few years ago and rediscovered as I was clearing up disk space. The idea is that every week I will ask the same 20 questions of members of the community so that we can learn a little bit more about them.
Who better to start the ball rolling than our very own Supreme Leader ...... MARK
1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)
Madeley, Crewe, Cheshire, England.
2. What do you do for a living ?
I am an IT/AV Technician at nearby Keele University and have been since September 2004.
3. What football teams do you support ?
I don't believe in 'teams' but just my local one, Stoke City. Internationally, England.
4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?
I think I do. It would have been Stoke and I think I was relegated and got the sack of something similar. My earliest most memorable game was with Barnet though with the likes of Greg Heald, Mark Arber, Wayne Purser and Ben Strevens standing in my memory.
5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?
I'd have to say Scott Huckerby. He was actually carried on from CM 00/01 and while he wasn't as good, he was still a great winger and cheap to sign in the original database.
6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02
Probably the aforementioned Barnet save where I got them as far as the Premiership and can still remember the excitement at signing a 37 year old Edgar Davids on a free transfer! A more recent achievement would probably have been the story that I wrote on the previous website (before the server move) where I took Weymouth from the Northern Premier League to the Premiership title in about 12 years but only using free transfers.
7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?
I have absolutely no idea! I'm not a fan of these sort of questions, who knows that?!
8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?
Do you really want to know?! The Dream Team League takes about 2-3 hours to run. Vipers is run twice a week which takes around 1.5 hours. Then you've got an hour or two of Team Chat Box and then my own story which I play. That's not even mentioning the saves that I play for fun without a story at home! I'm going to estimate at least 20 hours a week?
9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?
Never mind playing it, how about running it?! She doesn't mind actually. Good as gold! Fortunately, she's a little bit of a gamer herself so she'll quite often get her own games on when I'm playing CM.
10. What other computer/console games do you play ?
I used to buy FIFA and Call of Duty every single year for the PlayStation 3. However, I didn't buy Call of Duty last year and have yet to invest in FIFA this year. Highly doubt that I will as well.
11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?
I'd say some of the rules that were in place in 01/02 are frustrating. Things like work permits and only being able to loan 2 players in England are quite annoying.
12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?
There have been plenty of them over the years for us Stoke City fans. I'll never forget the year we got promoted and invading the pitch. That'll stay with me forever. Wins over Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd in the Premiership are memories that will not be forgotten but for me, it simply has to be the 5-0 win over Bolton in the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. What an amazing day out that was!
13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?
I hate to say it but I think it's time to get video technology involved. I'd get rid of the referees altogether and just have someone monitoring a TV and making the decisions from there.
14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?
I'd say that I was a 'steady' player. Not spectacularly but not abysmal either. Just about good enough to nail down a spot in a Sunday League team. I spent a long time being a bench player though until I nailed down a left-wing/left-back slot for Loggerheads who unfortunately, I no longer play for.
15. What other sports do you follow ?
Other sports? Football is my life. I simply eat, drink, watch and play football.
16. If you won the Lottery ( say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
A house! I've been in a first floor one bedroom flat for over 4 years now and living in a small place is starting to wear me down, especially now that I have a girlfriend living with me. Having a bigger place and my own driveway, etc, etc really would be a dream come true.
17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?
Sir Stanley Matthews without a doubt. Neil Baldwin (if you don't know who he is, watch 'Marvellous', a BBC documentary and if it doesn't leave you feeling happy/inspired, then we shall fall out!). I can't really think of another two right now. As you can probably tell, I'm not into historical figures.
18. What keeps you awake at night ?
Caffeine! I'm not sure really. I do tend to stress over money quite a lot, especially when there are things to save for and big events going on.
19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?
Well, I've just looked on my iPhone and it's brought up Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth although I don't remember playing them.
20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?
I'll go with your good self, Mr. Eejit.
Last edited by Dermotron; 25-05-15 at 02:29 PM.
The artist formally known as The Eejit