Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions (Episode 61 - LeVoyeur)

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 61 - LeVoyeur)

Twenty Questions Links:

1. Mark
    2. The Eejit
    3. Hadrex
    4. Bevchenko
    5. Fodster
    6. ExecutioN14
    7. Redknapp69
    8. AMC
    9. Cam F
    10. Info0
    11. Cafcjgreen
    12. Jesus
    13. ajvonkrondor
    14. churky
    15. faz44
    16. djole2mcloud
    17. Craig Forrest
    18. merkezkrem
    19. wato20
    20. BobMem
    21. OffsideTrap
    22. PepeP
    23. London35
    24. galatius
    25. ilovesanmarino
    26. ZanSnake
    27. samsami
    28. Jack_Rabbit
    29. ClayDatsusara
    30. troza
    31. Jokerjake7
    32. JohnnyBee82
    33. ebfatz
    34. Goofy
    35. Dermotron
    36. Baz
    37. trunky
    38. Liam
    39. JayFlo
    40. kuy
    41. Coys
    42. Janis89
    43. Rapinoe
    44. Patinoz
    45. Erkifino
    46. Ian MacNab
    47. mkskozienice
    48. EL-TOPPO
    49. Pyromyst
    50. Kaneman
    51. gazzas1uk
    52. Kowalinho
    53. Ste117
    54. RuiEsteves
    55. Malovaan
    56. Pegster
    57. Baron Zbimg
    58. vinjwoods
    59. peaceboy
    60. felixsjo
    61. LeVoyeur
    62. Nurishi
    63. Zeppelinaren
    Last edited by BobMem; 06-05-16 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added new link

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 29 - ClayDatsusara)

Twenty Questions (Episode 1 - Mark)

This is something which I used to run a few years ago and rediscovered as I was clearing up disk space. The idea is that every week I will ask the same 20 questions of members of the community so that we can learn a little bit more about them.

Who better to start the ball rolling than our very own Supreme Leader ...... MARK

1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)

Madeley, Crewe, Cheshire, England.

2. What do you do for a living ?
    I am an IT/AV Technician at nearby Keele University and have been since September 2004.

3. What football teams do you support ?
    I don't believe in 'teams' but just my local one, Stoke City. Internationally, England.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?

I think I do. It would have been Stoke and I think I was relegated and got the sack of something similar. My earliest most memorable game was with Barnet though with the likes of Greg Heald, Mark Arber, Wayne Purser and Ben Strevens standing in my memory.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?
    I'd have to say Scott Huckerby. He was actually carried on from CM 00/01 and while he wasn't as good, he was still a great winger and cheap to sign in the original database.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02
    Probably the aforementioned Barnet save where I got them as far as the Premiership and can still remember the excitement at signing a 37 year old Edgar Davids on a free transfer! A more recent achievement would probably have been the story that I wrote on the previous website (before the server move) where I took Weymouth from the Northern Premier League to the Premiership title in about 12 years but only using free transfers.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?
    I have absolutely no idea! I'm not a fan of these sort of questions, who knows that?!

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?
    Do you really want to know?! The Dream Team League takes about 2-3 hours to run. Vipers is run twice a week which takes around 1.5 hours. Then you've got an hour or two of Team Chat Box and then my own story which I play. That's not even mentioning the saves that I play for fun without a story at home! I'm going to estimate at least 20 hours a week?

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?
    Never mind playing it, how about running it?! She doesn't mind actually. Good as gold! Fortunately, she's a little bit of a gamer herself so she'll quite often get her own games on when I'm playing CM.

10. What other computer/console games do you play ?

I used to buy FIFA and Call of Duty every single year for the PlayStation 3. However, I didn't buy Call of Duty last year and have yet to invest in FIFA this year. Highly doubt that I will as well.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?
    I'd say some of the rules that were in place in 01/02 are frustrating. Things like work permits and only being able to loan 2 players in England are quite annoying.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?
    There have been plenty of them over the years for us Stoke City fans. I'll never forget the year we got promoted and invading the pitch. That'll stay with me forever. Wins over Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd in the Premiership are memories that will not be forgotten but for me, it simply has to be the 5-0 win over Bolton in the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. What an amazing day out that was!

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?
    I hate to say it but I think it's time to get video technology involved. I'd get rid of the referees altogether and just have someone monitoring a TV and making the decisions from there.

14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?
    I'd say that I was a 'steady' player. Not spectacularly but not abysmal either. Just about good enough to nail down a spot in a Sunday League team. I spent a long time being a bench player though until I nailed down a left-wing/left-back slot for Loggerheads who unfortunately, I no longer play for.

15. What other sports do you follow ?
    Other sports? Football is my life. I simply eat, drink, watch and play football.

16. If you won the Lottery ( say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
    A house! I've been in a first floor one bedroom flat for over 4 years now and living in a small place is starting to wear me down, especially now that I have a girlfriend living with me. Having a bigger place and my own driveway, etc, etc really would be a dream come true.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?

Sir Stanley Matthews without a doubt. Neil Baldwin (if you don't know who he is, watch 'Marvellous', a BBC documentary and if it doesn't leave you feeling happy/inspired, then we shall fall out!). I can't really think of another two right now. As you can probably tell, I'm not into historical figures.

18. What keeps you awake at night ?
    Caffeine! I'm not sure really. I do tend to stress over money quite a lot, especially when there are things to save for and big events going on.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?
    Well, I've just looked on my iPhone and it's brought up Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth although I don't remember playing them.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?
    I'll go with your good self, Mr. Eejit.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 25-05-15 at 02:29 PM.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Mark.

Can I just say ..... question 20 ..... wrong answer ! I'm going to have to think about that now !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Glad this is back! Top work

vCash
    Is fun to read this .

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Awesome to see this back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Thanks Mark.

Can I just say ..... question 20 ..... wrong answer ! I'm going to have to think about that now !
    Why not nominate someone to question you, such as Mark (as payback) or Dermo, etc.

Only a one off

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brilliant, I've missed this!~

vCash
    Good to see this back!

vCash
    This is superb

vCash

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 2 - The Eejit)

1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)

Mellor, a small village in Lancashire between Blackburn and Preston

2. What do you do for a living ?

IT Consultant for a global computer services company

3. What football teams do you support ?

Like Mark, I don't understand how you can support more than 1 team. It is Partick Thistle till I die (and Scotland for internationals)

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?

Hartlepool. I was very naïve and actually believed my scouts and coaches. I was sacked in February with the club about 15th in the third division.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?

Got to be Mark Kerr. A world beating Scot. I was so disappointed when in real life he joined The Jags and was totally gash ! In real life, Thistle have some exciting players, so watch out for Stuart Bannigan, Steven O'Donnell, Gary Fraser and Chris Duggen coming through. For all time favourite, I do like my spoiling midfielder, someone like Patrick Vieira.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02

Tough one. There have been so many rags to riches that everyone has done. In my current story, I'm starting my 11th season with United, a club I despise, and that takes some dedication. I hope that my greatest achievement will be my next project, whatever that might be.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?

It would have to be something weird that nobody had heard of, for instance a Sunda Colugo (yeh ! I had to google it too)

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?

Not as much as I used to. I used to spend a lot of time traveling and in hotel rooms, plus I had more privacy while at work. Probably 5-10 hours per week. (That doesn't include 24 hours per day pondering on whether that left back at Carmarthen Town would improve my defence)

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?

I'm not sure that she knows. CM is my guilty secret !

10. What other computer/console games do you play ?

I am the most uncoordinated person alive, so any game that involves hitting one of many buttons in an instant I am useless at. I do enjoy Guitar Hero. Even though I am rubbish at it, I am Angus Young in my mind.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?

I don't like that it is so easy to become world beaters with whoever you manage, but then again, later versions I don't like because they don't have that instant gratification. I guess the thing I hate most is the addictiveness.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?

Easy. 14th March 2006 Balmoor Park, Peterhead. Scottish League Two promotion playoff. Thistle 3-2 down to Peterhead with 30 seconds of injury time left to play. We get a freekick. Billy Gibson hits it and it comes off a defenders arse to wrong foot the keeper. Balmoor erupts ! We go on to win the penalties

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?

The opposite of Mark ! A one hundred year moritorium of any technology. The beauty of the game is the controvertial moments and the discussions of “what if” or “did it” or “was he”. There is a certain satisfaction of feeling hard done by. I'd also have a life time ban for any manager criticising a referee for his own players ineptness and an automatic doubling of the suspension any sending off that is challenged and not won.

14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?

Not very. I was enthusiastic rather than talented. I was becoming a decent keeper when I got a nasty injury (compressed fracture of skull which broke their striker's knee cap) and I have never played again.

15. What other sports do you follow ?

I'm a pretty decent skier (done a bit of instruction). I love the Tour de France and I'm also a bit of a petrol-head

16. If you won the Lottery ( say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?

Partick Thistle, but what would I do with the other £3,999,999.50. I'm not a compulsive spender, so this is hard. A shotgun and an owl hunting licence (see question 18).I'm at a stage where I have a nice house and car and can go where I want on holiday, so there is not much that I need. I'd probably buy something sparkly for my wife. (I'm actually a bit of a romantic and totally unlike the guy who writes my stories). How much does Frankie Bridge cost ?

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?

Frankie Bridge, Pixie Lotte, Karen Gillan and the girl who started across the office a couple of weeks ago who's name I don't know …. yet. Actually, that would probably scare the shit ot of me. Jo Brand, Albert Einstein and William Wallace would make an interesting dinner party, with Heston Blumental doing the cooking.

18. What keeps you awake at night ?

I thought it would be nice and quiet living in the country, but the ****ing wildlife drives me mad. There's a bastard owl which hootls all bloody night and then the morning comes and the other birds never give you a sodding lie in. (Also, there is this problem about whether to sign that left back from Carmarthen Town)

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?

Public Service Broadcasting “Inform Educate Entertain”. (Actually I've just checked and it was Lou Reed's “NYC Man”. A bit old, but not un-cool. I have been listening to PSB a lot though)

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?

Hadrex (who is the newest member to announce themselves on the New Signings forum). I didn't want to offend anyone with favouratism, so instead I'll offend everyone equally.

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Poor Hadrex, just joined the forum and is already nominated for this! Talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cafcjgreen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafcjgreen View Post
    Poor Hadrex, just joined the forum and is already nominated for this! Talk about being thrown in at the deep end.
    I did ask him first Seems like a decent chap !

vCash
    Check out Rocksmith mate, you get to play a real guitar or bass and it teaches great

21. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What would you do with the other £3,999,999.50, haha! Knew you'd get a mention of Frankie Bridge and Pixie Lott in somewhere!

Didn't realise you actually live in England. Also about your skull injury as well, football can be cruel sometimes!

Are you planning on creating a new thread for each interview? I thought you were sticking with the one and renaming it when the latest one is posted? Either way is fine by me, anyhow!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've lived in England for a long time .... all of my working life ! I am slowly working my way home. Croydon - Ayelsbury - Warwick - Manchester - Blackburn.

I keep changing my mind about how to do this, but I think a separate thread for each interview will be best. Makes it easier to reply to previous interviews and to catch up if you are away for a few weeks.

PS. The girl in the office name is Lauren

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Enjoyed that, nice one

What's an eyepod?
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Enjoyed that, nice one

What's an eyepod?
    When it's your turn I'll change the question to say gramaphone.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great to read that, but remember, not every member will get nominated. Sad, but true...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Vipers Striker Extraordinaire
    vCash

vCash
    Wrong side of the Pennines!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Great little post this Eejit, didn't realise you were so close to where I live! How have you kept your secret CM life away from the missus? You write a lot of stories, she must have clocked you playing or writing or browsing the forum surely?

Just a note on whether it should be a thread each or all in one thread, I personally think it should be all in one thread otherwise each one will get one page of replies and then get buried forever. If they were all in one thread you'd have a popular megathread full of interesting posts and content. Just my two cents.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Mark, and The Eejit for getting this going!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    If they were all in one thread you'd have a popular megathread full of interesting posts and content. Just my two cents.
    Editing the thread title based on who is the current Twenty Questions be a nice touch too

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast