Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics - General Discussion

vCash
    LOL the curse part would probably works!
    I did moan when I was 15 and playing the game, hoping the curse worked XD

vCash
    my with and without ball positioning tactics place the players close together for short passing. do you adjust the positions when you change from short passing to direct passing?

vCash
    if I lost 3 goals i would replace the keeper too. Too often the oppo keeper got 9 while mine is only 6-7, thats frustrating.

would a poor performance warning too harsh for the player? would they be unhappy?
    I seldom do that coz I worried about the -ve consequence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pennaso View Post
    Possession areas - Are you getting into the attacking 3rd enough or being pinned back?
    -- How much is enough usually? I seldom take a look in this
    Say, for example, your opponents third has only seen 15% of the action and you're only playing one up-front, could you give your striker more support to keep the ball in the attacking third?

vCash

Testing tactics in the 2014-2015 season

We all know that iodineCF is the number#1 tactic in the Open Tactic League (OTL) and consequently it has developed a huge reputation on this forum and we are tempted to think that idioneCF is the most effective tactic to use with CM0102.

But in another sense it is overrated. The OTL is only a snapshot, as CAM F mentioned on the OTL thread: 10 seasons but all in the same competition, with the same team and with the AI managers all using the same 13-year-old tactics (the save file uses De Graafschap in 2001-2002).

It's obviously impossible to test each tactic in various competitions with a variety of teams.
    But I am currently testing the top tactics (the 25 highest scoring tactics from the OTL) with a new benchmark save file (FC Utrecht) to see how these tactics do in 2014-2015 with the AI managers who prefer to use other tactics than those of 13 years ago.

Here are some initial results. More to follow later:

Last edited by samsami; 12-01-15 at 03:32 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can you please, not shame Tapani name please? iodineCF should give you a hint it was modified by member. Hell, I will tell you it was modified by Cam F tol the mold of his DWSv2.

As you can see, even in your testing, original 4141_iodine (created by Tapani) is still at top. It may be weird, but for me, it's the best tactic when it comes to STABILITY. Talk about monster here.

oh and my version of Cam F iodineCF is further modified to do exactly what I wrote: score more, but also concede slightly more in the process.

Wondering how my UTL tactic would do as it was in top 10 of OTL tactics.

If I sounded harsh sorry, didn't mean to.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Here's the result now that I have tested the top 25 including the UTL tactic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Can you please, not shame Tapani name please? iodineCF should give you a hint it was modified by member. Hell, I will tell you it was modified by Cam F tol the mold of his DWSv2.

As you can see, even in your testing, original 4141_iodine (created by Tapani) is still at top. It may be weird, but for me, it's the best tactic when it comes to STABILITY. Talk about monster here.

oh and my version of Cam F iodineCF is further modified to do exactly what I wrote: score more, but also concede slightly more in the process.

Wondering how my UTL tactic would do as it was in top 10 of OTL tactics.

If I sounded harsh sorry, didn't mean to.
    Thanks. I deleted the second paragraph of my post. I realise now it was incorrect. It said that many tactics are variations of iodineCF while the truth is that many tactics are idione-based and iodineCF is one of them.

vCash

A Little Help Please...

Hi, Ive recently started playing CM 01/02 again as I loved it as a kid. Ive updated the game with the Oct 14 update, which makes the game even better imo.

To say I`m a bit rusty is a massive understatement. I played for 1 season and struggled to get a winning side, even though I bought some great players. For the second season I decided to use a downloaded tactic from this website. I opted for one named "DACLAW" as it looked like itd suit the type of players I have. I was right, it really does. My team is scoring goals for fun.

My really frustrating problem is that I am having 1-2 injuries nearly every single game. The players are getting injured for a minimum of 1 month each time. Its getting that bad that I`m struggling to field a team and since all my decent players are out I`m failing to get results.

The only things Ive changed are:

A) The Tactics to "DACLAW"
    B) My Assistant Manager
    C) 1 of my Physio`s
    D) 1 of my coach`s

All my players are on "General" training and Ive tried changing my tackling style from "normal" to "hard" and vice versa, this has made no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Cheers

vCash
    Maybe all those injuries are just a fluke thing happening to you for a short period of time. Simply bad luck?

This is how I think when it comes to fitness:

1) Always have three physios.
    2) My assistant is always fitness-based. Don't know how much that helps, but I like to think that i does when it comes to general fitness and preventing injuries.
    3) The rest of my coaches are a mixture of fitness-, general- and tech-based.
    4) I keep an eye on the fitness of every player when I create a new tactic. If the players in one specific position ends each game with low fitness (~70% or maybe lower) that tells me that I have to reduce the amount of running for that position (wib/wob-screens). Low fitness during a match often results in injuries.
    5) Training: strikers - intensive finishing, midfielders - intensive skills and defenders - intensive tactics. The rest are set to medium for all players. You can basically push them as hard as possible as long as they are back to 95% fitness or more before the next game. At least that's what I do.

I use hard tackling, but don't know how this affects injuries.

vCash
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I`ll try them and see what happens.

Cheers

vCash

Changing tactics in the middle of the season

Is it wise to change your tactic in mid-season?
    Does the team need time to get used to it?

Just wondering what the short-term effect is....

vCash
    Normally, I change tactic regularly and I don't believe that there is any side effect. If the tactic is good, it works immediately. If it is bad, it fails immediately.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Normally, I change tactic regularly and I don't believe that there is any side effect. If the tactic is good, it works immediately. If it is bad, it fails immediately.
    That's interesting. In my Feyenoord story I am considering changing the formation/tactic so that I have 2 forwards.
    We're in a dip (see latest post in the Story) and I need to choose between two strikers or use both of them.

vCash
    When I'm actually playing the game, I change tactics through the season often enough, sometimes even during a match. If they're on fire I'll leave it be as long as they're streaking, though. I have what I call my 'base tactic' through the season, and come and go from that as I see the need. Like the Eejit said, if it's a good tactic it's a good tactic, if not, not.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rapinoe For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, yes, but a tactic depends on the players, too, doesn't it?

vCash
    You buy players to fit into tactic not make tactic to fit players on CM0102 it always worked out in the end.

It's not as complicated as new FM games where you HAVE to adjust tactics on the fly to suit the situation happening on the pitch [there is full match view for a reason (if you wondered yes, it takes 90 mins to watch whole match, tried it once )].

CM if the tactic is good, you load it up and forget about it forever .

vCash
    I don't like to change tactics that much cause some players don't do that well on some tactics. I needed to change it once and I made small adjustments vs certain tactics.

But that's just me with my 4-1-3-2 pool and some small variations... and horrible knowledge about this game's tactics. I must admit that I don't need more. I just need to make sure that my players have strength and jumping in the middlefield and that I need 3 defenders in the middle vs a certain tactic...

vCash

Other ways to compensate for the AI.

I am new here, so I apologise if something similar has been posted previously. I had a search around the forum, but couldnít find anything similar.

Iíve seen a few posts (and a recent one) regarding the AI not being hard enough. Ultimately, you have to accept that Champ Man 01/02 is a solved game. Inasmuch as you can download/create a particular formation (e.g. iodineCF) and make Sir Alex Ferguson look pathetic, lacking ambition, and an underachiever. So in that sense, the AI has, for a lack of a better word, been defeated. However, that does not necessarily mean you need harder AI. You can approach the game differently.

To this end, I have developed a whole set of rules to add some additional Ďrealismí to the game and doesnít immediately exploit what we know about the game engine.

1. You can only edit wibwob for 10 s each week during pre- and post-season and between each game. We all have a solid idea of what works in this game: high-line for defence, play a narrow formation, and stack the top- and bottom-middle boxes. Limiting the amount of time you have to edit the wibwob setting is akin to explaining your system to your players. You would easily be able to inform the players about the general formation (e.g. 4-4-2), but the nuances of the moment-to-moment tactics would require weeks, if not months (maybe years), to get all the players up to speed. In real life this takes time, so this should take time in the game as well.

2. If you bring in a large number of players (e.g. Tottenham 13/14 and Liverpool 14/15), you have to delete your custom wibwob tactic. The manager knows his system, but the new influx of players do not. My rule of thumb I bring in 5 starters, >33% of my squad or, as I play 4-1-4-1, if I change any 3 of the CBs, DM, MCs, and SCs (i.e. the backbone of the team). This is, as you can tell, quite subjective, but Iím just trying to add another level of realism to the game. Frankly, this, for me, is the toughest rule to adhere to. But it really does brings some realism. You overhaul a squad, then you have to teach all the new players the system. Also, this brings in another element. Whatís more important, your philosophy or the players? As we know what works well tactically in this game, for me, itís the philosophy, so it will slow down your player purchasing and add longevity to your games. It also make me Ďdevelopí youth players. I can bring several younger players that arenít yet good enough to be starters, loan them out, give them occasional starts and I donít have to start my tactics from scratch.

3. You have to start tactics fresh each time you move to a new club. Again, you would be able to inform the new players about the general formation, but the nuances of the moment-to-moment tactics would again time to get them to do what you want. Delete (or you can move it if youíd like to keep it for other games) that custom formation so itís not available anymore. What about if you raid your previous club for players. Thatís reasonable, my rule I stick to however, is that for every *starter* from your previous team that you bring in who *starts* in your team, you can modify 1 square, in their area of the field (def = bottom line, mid = middle line, att = top line), on their side of the possession (def and DM = wob, mid = wib or wob, AM and SC = wib) to your satisfaction. In my opinion, this would relate to that player knowing your system and being able to integrate faster, if not immediately. I suppose you could adjust that players position all over the field, but then if you took him off or didnít play him, youíd have to adjust it back for the other player. That is far too onerous, so I go with 1 square. Also, I imagine this is why is the sort of thing why manager tend to raid their former clubs for players.

4. What about when your manager skill improves, can you increase the amount of time to adjust wibwob between games? Thatís a fair question, but no. This is where we have to break the Ď3rd wallí so to speak. Youíll get better at knowing which parts of the field to adjust first and youíll get faster at doing it as you do it often. Your real-world improvement in dexterity and knowledge of the game engine will be the managerial Ďskillí improvement you receive.

Thatís about it. I find this adds a lot more fun and importantly longevity to my games. Frankly, Iím too competitive not to adjust the wibwob settings knowing how effective they are, but employing this system slows down the eventual domination (and frankly, from memory and my recent experiences, it takes a long time to even get close to replicating the very effective formations). This also adds a lot of thought to moving clubs, rather than jumping ship every time you get a more prestigious offer. As you have, as you would in real life, the daunting task of explaining your footballing philosophy to a whole new bunch of players.

If anyone else has anything similar to suggestions to this system Iíd be happy to hear them.

Cheers.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to elhooli For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Add a harder tactic pack for the AI would rule out over thinking things - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...?t=5817&page=2

vCash
    Don't wibwob

vCash
    I just can't not do it. I guess I can try and be disciplined.

vCash
    Massive post. Scrolled straight to bottom. Hope u got sorted!

vCash
    i gave up wit/wob long ago. too easy. no fun for me.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ajra21 For This Useful Post:

vCash

I need help for a tactical west ham

My new club is west ham, but not can not find an effective way to play.
    I need help, suggestions ????

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast