Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 291

Thread: Tactics - Help & Discussion

  1. #51
    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    304
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago ninja View Post
    My new club is west ham, but not can not find an effective way to play.
    I need help, suggestions ????
    Hello Tiago Ninja,

    First of all, Kudos for the fantastic nickname.

    I am quite sure there are several threads about tactics you can
    browse through... if you need specific advice perhaps tells us
    which version of the game you're playing so that we know what
    kind of squad you have in your hands.

    Or you could just follow this advice:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpyD3xYjDg

    Cheers

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Join Date
    02-04-12
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    500

    Tactics Help

    Hi guys,

    I have tried to create a good wibwob tactic. It looks fairly good to me, but when I use it, well, it doesn't perform. It's actually painfully average - I'm struggling to win games with a really strong Inter side, so... the tactic might in fact be a poor one.

    I was wondering, as a lot of you guys on here seem to know the match engine inside out, could anyone be bothered to have a look at my tactic and tell me why it...sucks?

    Feel free to edit it and upload an improved version, but if you do, please tell me why you moved this and that player?

    Here's the tactic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz1...ew?usp=sharing

    Thanks!

  4. #53
    Join Date
    02-04-12
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    500
    D'oh - I posted this in the wrong forum!

    Mods? Will you please move the thread?

  5. #54
    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    25,863
    vCash
    4300000
    The number 7's (AMC) role on the wib wob screens could an issue. He seems to be in very different positions from say the Left, Centre and Right tiles on each row. If you turn on Show Runs you'll see he has to cover double the ground to get from one tile/section to the next. And in others only a couple of yards. On the top Centre the MLC is pushed right up but he's nearly at the bottom of centre in the row 2, swap him and the 7 around imo.

    I'd turn off Crossing and Try through balls (maybe leave on MC). Your forward needs Zonal Marking too, he's not chipping in enough. Could be worth adding Hold Up Ball too, I find it helps with leaking defences.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

    JLa

  7. #55
    Join Date
    02-04-12
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    500
    Nice. I'll try that and see if it improves things, thanks!

  8. #56
    Join Date
    30-06-14
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    1500
    First, your wibwob is not terrible at all.

    From a quick glance, I second what derm said. Your player instructions need tuning. Too many on "back" under defensive set pieces. The back option is a very heavy switch, don't use it too lightly. If unsure, keep it at normal.

    Got a unharmonious feeling of your defense on w/o ball. Your central defenders seem a bit too far up when defending on their half of the pitch (2nd row squares).
    When defending on your half (3rd row) I would spread the defenders a little more (wider on 1st and 3rd column), maybe also move them one notch further up. Since you are using offside trap, you probably can even push them 2-3 notches up.

    Hard to justify why, just my gut feeling. Still I feel your biggest improvement comes from player instructions.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    Join Date
    18-12-11
    Location
    On the oche
    Posts
    2,897
    vCash
    10736
    Tapani dishing out tactic advice

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,590
    vCash
    5200
    Tapani is very kind.

    When I released DWS he looked at it and improved it from my wib/wob naivety.

    Legend

    Wishes Tapani loved 0001

  13. #59
    Join Date
    02-04-12
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    First, your wibwob is not terrible at all.

    From a quick glance, I second what derm said. Your player instructions need tuning. Too many on "back" under defensive set pieces. The back option is a very heavy switch, don't use it too lightly. If unsure, keep it at normal.

    Got a unharmonious feeling of your defense on w/o ball. Your central defenders seem a bit too far up when defending on their half of the pitch (2nd row squares).
    When defending on your half (3rd row) I would spread the defenders a little more (wider on 1st and 3rd column), maybe also move them one notch further up. Since you are using offside trap, you probably can even push them 2-3 notches up.

    Hard to justify why, just my gut feeling. Still I feel your biggest improvement comes from player instructions.
    Thanks! Will try it and see how I get on.

  14. #60
    Join Date
    02-04-12
    Posts
    634
    vCash
    500
    The devil is in the details .. It's still not perfect, but a massive improvement anyway!

    Spoiler!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:


  16. #61
    Join Date
    19-04-12
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500

    Could you guys test this one

    I hope you can test this one for me and tell me what you think if anyone tries it.

    http://www.filedropper.com/4-1-2-2-1titovajugav4

    I didn't touch w-wout ball settings at all.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugoslav For This Useful Post:


  18. #62
    Join Date
    08-01-13
    Posts
    35
    vCash
    500

    tactic for april 15 update

    hi guys

    Can someone help me out

    im finding it hard to find a decent tactic for the latest update any suggestions?

  19. #63
    Join Date
    16-12-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,932
    vCash
    1739

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:


  21. #64
    Join Date
    21-02-13
    Location
    Plymouth UK
    Posts
    858
    vCash
    9460
    Ok.
    After many years of trying i am actually going to make a real attempt at making my own wib/wob tactic.I have got by on using normal tactics and adapting them to suit, also knowing a lot of the best players helps a lot.
    I have seen Info's you tube video and studied the wib/wob instructions for many of the top tactics.
    Like i said i have never done this before and therefore i will be asking lots of pretty stupid questions on here in due course.
    My hometown club is Plymouth Argyle who currently use a 3-5-2 formation (quite successfully) so i will be attempting to re-create some of their success.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:


  23. #65
    Join Date
    31-03-15
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    500

    A tactics guide

    Hi everyone.

    I'd consider myself something of a novice when it comes to CM 01/02, I'm a big fan of 03/04 and still play that regularly as well as the newer FM games. However the fact that a lot of people still consider 01/02 the best manager game ever made has enticed me to it.

    I haven't a clue where to start with regards to tactics though, can someone give me a bit of help or advice as to what I should be looking for when it comes to choosing a formation and team instructions? I have had a brief glance at the net and the words wibwob keep coming up and its just really confusing me.

    I've had a few short term saves with Sunderland but never seem to able to meet my objectives.

  24. #66
    Join Date
    31-03-15
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    500
    Also what is the iodine tactic?

  25. #67
    Join Date
    16-12-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,932
    vCash
    1739


    For a start I would have a good read through this sub forum that you posted in:

    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=261

    This thread here will explain WIB WOB - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3257

    Open this thread and you will see Iodine at the top of the league

    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5790

  26. #68
    Join Date
    27-04-14
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500

    Question Does 4141tapani_iodine.tct works on ODB 3.9.60?

    Hi all, i'm a newbie of this game and I use the ODB 3.9.60 without any patch or update and I would know if 4141tapani_iodine.tct works on this database or I have to use 3.9.68 database or I have to install tapani's patches in order to obtain greatest results with this tactic. Thanks

  27. #69
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,590
    vCash
    5200
    I'd imagine so. 442CJF rocked on it when I was doing manager tests a year back.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:


  29. #70
    Join Date
    27-04-14
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I'd imagine so. 442CJF rocked on it when I was doing manager tests a year back.
    First of all i want to tell you that receive an answer about a tactic from a tactic's master Llike you is very gratefully for me. With "i'd immagine so" do you mean that if I want to win everything with 4141tapani_iodine.tct i have to use 3.9.68 database or tapani's patches, right? I tried using both your iodineCF and 442CJF and i succeed in having wonderfull results with both of them even if you're right i got more satifactions with 442CJF. My only very little problem with 442CJF is that i prefer to play with One striker and with One or three narrow midlefier and i would ask you if you can create a beast tactic like your others for 3.9.60 database based on One striker and One or three narrow midlefier obviously if you have some free time and if you want. Thanks a lot anymore for your answer and your time
    Last edited by uffi69; 07-07-15 at 12:40 PM.

  30. #71
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    2,590
    vCash
    5200
    Quote Originally Posted by uffi69 View Post
    First of all i want to tell you that receive an answer about a tactic from a tactic's master Llike you is very gratefully for me. With "i'd immagine so" do you mean that if I want to win everything with 4141tapani_iodine.tct i have to use 3.9.68 database or tapani's patches, right? I tried using both your iodineCF and 442CJF and i succeed in having wonderfull results with both of them even if you're right i got more satifactions with 442CJF. My only very little problem with 442CJF is that i prefer to play with One striker and with One or three narrow midlefier and i would ask you if you can create a beast tactic like your others for 3.9.60 database based on One striker and One or three narrow midlefier obviously if you have some free time and if you want. Thanks a lot anymore for your answer and your time
    Oh the flattery, I blush.

    Sadly I am more of a Tapani clone in that I (attempt) to try and improve on tactics, sure some are purely my work but my most successful ones are improvement on his masterpieces though he says I have made them worse

    Try 4411CF CML if you can find it, if not I will upload it tonight.

  31. #72
    Join Date
    07-08-13
    Posts
    166
    vCash
    250
    Hey . I recently went back to the .60 game. Tapani 4141 iodine works a charm.

  32. #73
    Join Date
    27-04-14
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Oh the flattery, I blush.

    Sadly I am more of a Tapani clone in that I (attempt) to try and improve on tactics, sure some are purely my work but my most successful ones are improvement on his masterpieces though he says I have made them worse

    Try 4411CF CML if you can find it, if not I will upload it tonight.
    I don't know if you made them worse or not i'm just a newbie but I'm sure your tactics are awesome and i say this because i tried them and i won everything with your tactics in all countries i played from lower leagues to top leagues even with players that have very bad attributes. I hope to have some free time this evening so i wil search for your tactic and i will try it as soon ad possible, maybe this night. Is 4411CF CML in your tactic pack? I remember i saw 44111CF in your tactic pack but maybe i'm wrong and i'm sure there wasn't written CML. However if i don't find it i let you know because i'm very curious to try it. Thanks
    Last edited by uffi69; 07-07-15 at 06:39 PM.

  33. #74
    Join Date
    27-04-14
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambalane View Post
    Hey . I recently went back to the .60 game. Tapani 4141 iodine works a charm.
    Thanks for your answer. i would know if Tapani_iodine works for you with every players or you need to buy big names or cheat players if you want to win everything from the first year. Thanks

  34. #75
    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Location
    Poland/Radomsko
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    500
    Tapani_iodine works with every player even crappy ones (if you like to play in Finland or Ireland)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •