Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tactics - General Discussion

vCash
    It's hard to build a tactic which Sweeper gets tackling over 5.0

vCash
    I had a SW/DMC once, played great in SW with an arrow to DMC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianregan09 View Post
    Looking through the download section is a bit daunting seen as I'm not sure what I'm looking for , But i'm looking for the Iodine tactics and more importantly which ones to use , I've played this last year sometime on an old computer and I had a tactics file with all those in it , On a new computer now and looking to go back playing the game can someone point me in the right direction please ?
    IodineCF is the one mate, legendary tactic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianregan09 View Post
    Looking through the download section is a bit daunting seen as I'm not sure what I'm looking for , But i'm looking for the Iodine tactics and more importantly which ones to use , I've played this last year sometime on an old computer and I had a tactics file with all those in it , On a new computer now and looking to go back playing the game can someone point me in the right direction please ?
    Look for 4141tapani_iodine by Tapani, all the other ones are clones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurishi View Post
    Look for 4141tapani_iodine by Tapani, all the other ones are clones
    Maybe just maybe someone started from scratch and their tactic ended up looking similar to tapanis. That's a real possibility!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Maybe just maybe someone started from scratch and their tactic ended up looking similar to tapanis. That's a real possibility!
    It is! But Tapani was the first one and never got outperformed over a large enough samplesize

vCash
    I never said anywhere that any other tactic outperformed it, I said that maybe some tactics weren't actually clones, the creator just had the same ideas as Tapani. Read before replying

vCash
    I said that maybe some tactics weren't actually clones, the creator just had the same ideas as Tapani.
    And I said that's possible. Highly unlikely, but possible

Anyway, if he wants to know what iodine-tactic to look for we should at least point out the original that also happens to still be the best one ever made

vCash
    And I said that's possible. Highly unlikely, but possible

Anyway, if he wants to know what iodine-tactic to look for we should at least point out the original that also happens to still be the best one ever made
    Its all about opinions Pat. Holidaying vs playing is completely different. My team performs better and scores more using IodineCF than it does with 4141tapani_iodine. Holidaying, well its been proven IodineCF is the best! See OTL

Its ok holidaying a tactic but there are so many variables, hence these leagues that have been created are total bollocks in my opinion.

Play the game for 10 seasons per tactic, that will determine which is the best tactic of all time.

vCash
    Its all about opinions Pat. Holidaying vs playing is completely different. My team performs better and scores more using IodineCF than it does with 4141tapani_iodine. Holidaying, well its been proven IodineCF is the best! See OTL

Its ok holidaying a tactic but there are so many variables, hence these leagues that have been created are total bollocks in my opinion.

Play the game for 10 seasons per tactic, that will determine which is the best tactic of all time.
    OTL doesn't prove much, 10 seasons is not nearly enough to determine the true strenght of a tactic. In the ATL Tapani is No.1.

You have a valid point there about holidaying vs playing though

vCash
    ATL proves nothing either, tests (even on holiday) are not run for long enough seasons.

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    ATL proves nothing either, tests (even on holiday) are not run for long enough seasons.
    So 100 seasons isn't long enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    So 100 seasons isn't long enough?
    I think you know the answer to that.

vCash
    100 seasons is still significantly better than 10 though.

And the fact that the guy in charge of testing isn't the leader of the league himself adds some credibility too.

vCash
    And the fact that the guy in charge of testing isn't the leader of the league himself adds some credibility too.
    A member called Airwick tested 95% of the tactics in the OTL. Cam just took it over to keep it going. And had others test any subsequent tactics of his (even though I doubt he had any more after taking it on)

vCash

Tactics - General Discussion

100 seasons is still significantly better than 10 though.

Well yeh clever clogs its 10x significantly better.... The main man himself has basically stated that anything less than 1000 is pointless.

Don't know why people waste their time testing tactics on holiday mode, it's pointless.

vCash
    Hello all,

Sorry if it's been asked before (I'm sure it will have);

When you download a tactic from here it sets the wib/wob, the formation and the 'team instructions' but I was wondering what else it sets, ie when you are on the tactics screen if you click on 'view' there is a list of options:

Passing, Tackling, Pressing, Pass TP, Set Pieces (A), " (D)", Free Role, Forward Runs, Run With Ball, Hold Up Ball, Long Shots, Try Through Balls, Crossing and finally Marking.

Does the downloaded tactic also set all of those options or are some left to the individual to set and if so, which ones?

Thank you.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    To answer your question, yes a tactic that you save or load from your tactics folder encompasses all of those elements known as individual player instructions. It's what can make the difference between an average tactic and a good tactic.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Whatever has been set and saved by the creator of the tactic will be in the tactic you download. So if they didn't put anyone Man-marking there would be no-one with Man-marking set. Ditto any of the player or team instructions

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    And you can download a tactic of your choice that has all of those options pre-set but there is nothing stopping you changing these in game: ie: from short to direct passing if you are losing. Men behind ball if you want to protect a lead etc etc

Little tweaks to the player instructions can change the tactic for the better in some cases... but can also make it worse! so be careful!

vCash
    Have anyone had any success with specifying "pass to left / right / center" for certain positions? I am experimenting with it now, it is probably included in the game for a reason, but in a text based game it is hard to tell if tweaking this actually makes a difference or not. I seem to win regardless. :-D I look at the statistics for number of passes, assists etc, but a player can be brilliant in one game and then more average the next...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    Have anyone had any success with specifying "pass to left / right / center" for certain positions?
    I've tried it a few times but I haven't been able to tell whether it made a significant difference or not.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Similar experience to AtomicAnt, I want to believe crossing the ball direct to centre has an affect on the wingers as they sling in cross after cross but I'm not sure if the match engine puts much weight to them. You could test it by running holiday seasons with different variations I suppose but then the random elements of injuries and suspensions may outweigh any benefit you get from changing the pass to options.

vCash
    A 'Give the ball to' option would be better. Like when playing football as kids 'Give the ball to Doc' who used to round 6 players and score. I'd just give the ball to Yunus Malli in my Mainz save, what a legend

vCash
    In my current tactic I have three central midfielders. MCL and MCR have been instructed "pass to centre", the MC has a forward arrow. The MC has scored 20+ in 30-something games.

Not sure if this is due to
    a) the MC being a great player (his attributes suggest he's not),
    b) the player instructions, or
    c) my clever wib/wob

- but the MC is on fire!

Sometimes I really miss the 2D view of FM. It would have been so much easier to see what was actually going on.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast