Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics - Help & Discussion

vCash

Need some help

I've been trying to develop my own tactic for a while but just need an idea of where i'm going wrong, i've tried various things moved positions around had ups and downs with it. I'm looking for a good balance of attack and defence, obviously the ultimate goal is to bag goals without conceding many.

Could anyone help me out? Here's the link below

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2nkqvw

I really appreciate any help, thanks.

vCash
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/556x0p

This is my version of it.You should work no the set pieces part of the tactics just find some ready tactics and copy their set pieces,see what works for you and remember it.You move players 2 much to the left and right in the wib/wob screen and you want your more to the middle without them getting the weird arrows.You have moved the GK too much best thing is to not move the GK at all i still can't decide on the GK i've tried to move it not to move it zonal marking no marking in the end i guess experiment with it and decide but don't move it so much on the you want him to be in the middle all the time.

On the wib part try to have your attacking players on the top of the square and the defensive ones on the other side pretty much.

On the wob part i try ti have the most of my attacking players in the square and my defenders push as far forward as possible for the first 2 then i just try to place players as close together covering the middle of the field depending on the tactics don't be 2 bothered if you have say only 2 defenders and no dmc you can bring 2 mc's for example below the sware and use them as defenders in that area pretty much

vCash
    Thanks, i'll try it. Anymore suggestions people?

vCash

Tactics help (I'm a noob!)

Hey lads. I'm new to cm 01/02 and need some help with tactics.
    I'm
    With Carlisle ATM and playing 4-1-3-2 which is my go to formation, not working very well as we are stuck in 13th in the third division.
    What I wanted to ask is are players stats correlated to particular tactics?
    Eg if I have a winger with 18 acceleration should I play a wide formation? What about things like technique and flair?

Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks guys

vCash
    hey mate

The best thing to do is to read through the threads in this sub forum that you have posted in, everyone will have different ideas, there are some cracking threads to have a read off

vCash

Original tactics to use?

Hey guys. I'm using the ODB and currently employing a 4-1-3-2 with Carlisle in division 3. Any other tips of tactics to use?
    Note, I haven't downloaded any of the other formations, all just the original ones.
    Or should I create my own??

vCash
    Well what do you want to achieve?

vCash
    Well first and foremost-victories haha. I'm mid table ATM but struggle with the 4-1-3-2 as I don't have any quality DM's. Have some quality strikers.
    Want to be able to keep the ball and dominate through the middle

vCash
    Some crackers in here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=261

Check this thread, this is where the best tactics get tested and you can see whos top: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5790

My personal fav is FodFod2CF - Its a 442 but amazingly good!

Alternatibely you can stick at your own tactic, plenty of player recommendations in this thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7579

resuming you are playing latest database

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash

"Super-keeper" (or the hit-on-the-counter syndrome)

OK, so I am creating a lot of shots on target, but the opposition keeper saves all of them. My opponents get two shots on target and score two.

This is common in CM, but not all tactics suffer from this issue. What is wrong? How do I set up my "wib" so I don't waste like 80 % of my shots?

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    OK, so I am creating a lot of shots on target, but the opposition keeper saves all of them. My opponents get two shots on target and score two.

This is common in CM, but not all tactics suffer from this issue. What is wrong? How do I set up my "wib" so I don't waste like 80 % of my shots?
    Is this completely non-wibwob related? I've found that my strikers are much more clinical when I switch to normal mentality.

vCash
    First observation; use short passing. My original tactic had direct passing on the AM's and forwards. The idea was to play faster in attack, however changing to short passing for all players clearly made a difference.

It is kind of sad that you "need" to use a certain set of instructions to create a tactic that performs well. Attacking, short passing, hard tackling, pressing, offside trap. I am a bit sick of it, I'd love to create a tactic with i.e. normal, direct, easy tackling, no pressing, offside trap, but it simply doesn't work.

Or am I wrong? Have anyone created a good tactic with "unusual" settings? I'd love to see it!

vCash
    In my opinion all tactics in CM 01-02 suffer from the "super keeper" syndrome because it is the only way the AI can defend itself against strong tactics like iodine.

vCash
    I think there is some logic to it. If you over-commit men going forward, you leave yourself exposed to a quick counter and a clear shot on goal. I struggle to find the right balance..

vCash

How do I get close to 4-2-3-1 in Editor?

So I have tinkered with Leicester City in the editor to get things a bit more realistic but I have messed up their formation. I presume I just edit Ranieri to play that system? Any tips please?

vCash

vCash
    Also have a read here: Updated Default Tactics

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    There are game engine exploits, im not exactly sure what they are though. Maybe one of the guys from here can post them and that'll help you a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by o0opaulo0o View Post
    There are game engine exploits, im not exactly sure what they are though. Maybe one of the guys from here can post them and that'll help you a bit.
    All depends what he wants, if he wants to know the exploits he can find them easy enough in the forum, depends if he wants to ruin his enjoyment of the game. I sometimes wish I never knew what I did, I might last longer than a 2 season career game if I didnt!

vCash
    I've downloaded one of the tactics packs guys and extracted it to the tactics folder, still unable to access these new tactics when I play a new game. Any ideas? In the tactics page in the game it just has the default tactics that come with the game

vCash
    It wont be in default will it as its not a default tactic, you have to load the tactic:

vCash
    Did that and still not there. Might have to be smart and create my own tactic!

vCash
    Are you clicking on load?

Once you click on load you need to make sure the path is correct, as it needs to match where the tactics are stored so it looks in the right place, if you can only see default tactics then you are clicking Set To Default and not LOAD as per the screenshot above.

When you click Load you will get this screen:

It is important the path is set correct. Also make sure the tactics folder you created is in the main CM Folder and not in a sub folder like the data folder

vCash

Tactic newbie, basic things to consider?

After being a default 41212 and 4132 devotee for the past 15 years I have FINALLY decided to branchout and try and make my own non-wibwob tactic.

What are the basic things I should be considering when trying to make a half-decent tactic?

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    1) Attacking, Short, Hard, Yes, Yes, No, No

2) 433 is your friend.

3) DL and DR are lethal with a forward arrow.

4) DMC is overpowered so use it.

5) A single striker or three striker formation works better than a formation with two strikers.

6) Have everyone run with ball.

7) Have everyone set to forward runs.

8) Have DL and DR cross the ball.

9) DMC set to hold up ball.

10) Turn off all through balls.

11) Zonal marking is better than Man Marking.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast