Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tactics - General Discussion

vCash
    I have found this latest Data Update / Patch makes the game much harder. The older NR/R/L tactic packs seem to be not be as 'all-conquering' which is bloody great btw.

vCash
    I think it's due to there being a lot more good defenders and most managers are in freak territory

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well its made it more realistic for me, more players seem to not settle, and players with great stats, just don't perform....best the game has ever been imo.

I love you.

vCash
    Thanks Pabbers, could do with a bit of loving. There was no milk for my tea and the ring pull snapped on my tin of sardines.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Thanks Pabbers, could do with a bit of loving. There was no milk for my tea and the ring pull snapped on my tin of sardines.
    That's a bastard when that happens! Always seem to buy a tin of corned beef without the key attached to it. Hate having to then spend half an hour cutting the fucker open with a tin opener.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a download link for the following tactic please..

I believe it was called either BARCA433 or 433BARCA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a download link for the following tactic please..

I believe it was called either BARCA433 or 433BARCA
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tm...c/Barca433.tct

vCash
    Just says invalid or deleted file..
    Thanks anyway,,

vCash

vCash
    wonderful... Many thanks i could kiss you..

vCash
    No problemo. No need fore the kiss tho

vCash
    Hello everybody,

Me and my friends are a huge fan of this game since it first came out. We played thousands of hours but it came to an abrupt end since a sort-of-bug came above and spoiled the game.

I am talking about the With Ball and Without Ball tactics. My friend invested allot of hours finding the right tactic and found one that made him unbeatable. He shared his tactics and we all know now how to position the players for every zone. To be clear, this is what I am talking about: http://i41.tinypic.com/qyj1oj.jpg

It is not realistic that a team gets unbeatable by just importing a custom tactic, football is no exact science.

So I was wondering if there is a solution to this that prevents users from editing the With Ball and Without Ball tactics .

I know it sounds silly and that we could simply agree on not editing this, but you know, we are all competitive and therefor not so trustworthy .

Very curious on what your reactions will be.

Greetings from Belgium!

vCash
    No, it's not possible. If u want no wib/wob just play FM .

vCash
    add this pack to your Data folder and then your tactic will be nullified - http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=177

vCash
    Thank you for your replies. Too bad it is not possible

A patch like, where these 2 buttons are grayed out, would be cool:

Unfortunately I photoshopped it myself so it does not exist

vCash
    I like winning. Could you be a star and upload the unbeatable tactic? I mean, as it is Christmas and all?.. :-D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    I like winning. Could you be a star and upload the unbeatable tactic? I mean, as it is Christmas and all?.. :-D
    I agree

vCash
    Hi there people.

I have one question. I decided to try some new tactics and I'm playing with 5-3-2 Atacking for the first time ever (CM98/99, CM 00/01 and CM 01/02 and I didn't like that tactic cause I wouldn't have a place for some of my favorite players)... I'm still trying to figure out some stuff...

No wib/wob... so... what instructions do you suggest for me to use for all the positions? Mainly the #10, as I'm finally trying to use a playmaker and a guy with free action

(by the way, the game is going fine as I started with a great team anyway... lol)

Another question: what do you use when you want to defend and counter attack?

vCash
    Has anyone had much success building a defensively solid 3-4-3 (or anything with three at the back)? I've always been someone to play four at the back and over the years have developed some fairly excellent tactics - never the absolute best in terms of goals scored but I pride myself first and foremost on keeping the ball and being impenetrable in defence, to much success.

Anyway, I digress. I've started a new career save which takes me to the bottom of the Italian football pyramid and in an attempt to immerse myself in the culture, I want to bring back the libero, or a bastardised version of. So I've set about creating a 3-4-3. First game I win 7-2 at home, then 4-1 away. This pattern goes on. I take L'Aquila from rock bottom at Christmas to a decent 9th position by season's end. Not the worst results by any means, but I'm conceding nearly as many as I score. At first I put it down to my shocking squad (especially defensively) but this 3-4-3 is based on my own tried and tested 4-1-4-1 which I've carried through and tweaked almost since the game's inception and will sometimes go a season conceding just single figures. The tweaks I made were minimal (DMC a bit deeper without ball to make him a DC with forward arrow, DR/L and MR/L with forward arrows now just regular DMR/L and AMRC/LC), so although the base shape is quite different, WIB/WOB changes are very minor. Team and player instructions are also the same. Having said that, I'm now scoring a lot more than I would with the 4-1-4-1!

So I suppose my question is: shall I just chalk this down to ineptitude from my players and only half a season's worth of use or is the game inherently opposed to three at the back? It's not the winning I enjoy most, it's getting what I want from the game. And in this case it's a Franco Baresi rebirth and a typically astute Italian defence.
    Last edited by hodgy; 06-01-17 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    Alright, I've got this working. Turns out it's too dependent on the wing backs and sweeper in particular, though. As I've climbed the leagues and built a better squad, it's becoming a monster defensively. Shame it's over reliant on player ability at present, my four-at-the-back tactics are much less so (I don't mean that in a "super tactic that will beat everything in sight" kind of way, that's no fun to me). The tweaking continues...

vCash
    It isn't inherently opposed to 3 at the back but the guys on here have proven through extensive testing of tactics that the most solid defensive setup is indeed 4 at the back.

I've always played 3 CBs and wingbacks in the game and had no issue winning everything and bringing 3rd div teams to the bigtime etc. but if you get excellent players in at a team you can play a lot of different formations and the players skills will still shine through. I don't use wib/wob and can still dominate, at least I could until the new patches

We have the same ethos on management it seems, hodgy

Strikers win games, defenders win leagues. That's my mantra and the defense and goalkeeper are always my first priority in a new job.

vCash
    Good to see a fellow tactician roaming around. I've always loved a solid defensive unit and I much prefer to watch a well-drilled side dominate at the back and pick up a 1-0 win far more than an end-to-end 4-4 draw tarnished by shoddy mistakes and ineptitude.

As a result I've always translated this philosophy into CM. Using the best tactics doesn't interest me and I find putting defence first in the game kind of mitigates a lot of the flaws in the match engine and allows you to operate in that sweet spot where you can still win a lot of trophies when you've eventually got everything in check rather than just plugging a tactic in and winning everything with a load of piss heads at Rushden & Diamonds.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hodgy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think some of the best in the Tactic Leagues are 2/3 at the back all centralized

vCash
    Yeah I saw that flicking through the ATL thread as he always put images of the formation up. I do like a good winger though. I'm also a stickler for aesthetically pleasing formations, centralised just looks wrong! In my own way I'm glad my ethos acts as a natural equaliser for the most severe flaws in the match engine.

vCash
    If you like wingers and full backs scoring and assisting try a 442 called FodFod2CF.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567