Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics - General Discussion

vCash

Tactics - General Discussion

Guys try out this new tactic I created. Check out screenshots as well. I play latest march update with hard tactics.tanta roba.jpg tanta roba 2.jpg

this is the tactic: http://www.filefactory.com/file/4xrk...9/n/oh_my_.tct

enjoy!

vCash
    Oh my

vCash
    Oh my lord, I can't believe it, I have never been this far away from home

vCash
    Can't download it without being a member of that uploader.

vCash

My first proper WIB/WOB attempted tactic

So I thought it was about time I had a proper attempt at making a WIB/WOB tactic. I did a 10 season (10x 01/02) unofficial (because you can't officially test your own tactic) simulation.

These are the results of said simulation:

Played Won Drawn Lost Goals For Goals Against Points Position
    34 15 9 10 44 32 54 5th
    34 20 8 6 52 28 68 4th
    34 16 6 12 41 34 54 5th
    34 17 10 7 42 25 61 4th
    34 12 8 14 47 36 44 9th
    34 12 12 10 42 39 48 8th
    34 10 14 10 39 39 44 8th
    34 18 7 9 44 23 61 4th
    34 16 7 11 50 33 55 4th
    34 15 6 13 43 38 51 5th
    340 151 77 112 444 327 540 n/a

As you can see in Holland with 3 teams (Ajax, PSV and Feeynord) miles above the rest I didn't do too badly. However scoring goals was a big problem. We only had 1 season where we lost more than we won, which I was pleasantly surprised about too.

If any of you tactical whizzes can sort out the goalscoring problem without changing the integrity of the tactic, it would be a big help, as changes I make seem to make the tactic worse.

Here is the actual tactic for anyone interested:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/lf2oai

vCash
    Get rid of the backward arrows on the MC's be a start. It might require you to right click reset the position but you can use the wib/wob screens of the other MC to adjust one whilst editing the other. Little tweaks here and there might sort them either. Generally forward arrows result in more goals

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Sam

vCash

Tactics - General Queries

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...ctics-zip.html

Those are 2 tactics i made recently i'm looking for help with expalation on how to improve them

In the 4-3-3 tactic my wingbacks are not playing optimal and i'm conceding some goals rest seems ok strikers and midfielders are playing ~8 on average it could be tweaked for a bit more probably but i'm lost.

In the other tactic i have great ball possession and defense but i'm not scoring as much as i'd like to is there a way to improve that without losing in the defense department.

Any help would be appreciated as i'm still learning how to make good tactics

vCash
    I read this somewhere and it works:

1. You need a narrow formation, preferably without wingers.
    2. Don't play with three defenders at the back, use four.
    3. Employ a DMC to your formation.
    4. Use either one or three strikers, simply because it works better in this game.

Team instructions
    Short passing, pressing on, offside trap on, attacking mentality, tackling hard.

vCash
    Thank you for taking time to reply but i think you haven't downloaded my tactics i have dmc in both and i use 4 and 5 defenders on each of them.What i'm looking for is advanced advice on my wib/wob positioning to improve the average performance of the players because this is as far as i can get on my own.

vCash

faz44's "Making plans for Nigel"

Where can I get this tactic? Can't find it in the packs.

vCash
    It used to be "where can I get this Genius Steals?", now it's all "Making plans for Nigel, Making plans for Nigel".

This should work.

vCash
    The best thing to do, then, is compare your tactics (in every single WibWob screen) with some of the best tactics around.
    It helps to make screenshots of the best tactics.

vCash
    Thx alot! Well I've tried Genius Steals aswell. But after taking over Athletic Bilbao in year 2022 with only 2 forwards, 6 midfielders and the rest defenders/goalies of basque nationality in the game I needed a tactic to suit the material available!

vCash
    Making Plans for Inaki, I like it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is this the real Making plans for Nigel tactic that scored 86.1 in the OTL?

It seems to be around 10 points weaker! More like 76 when I tested it.

Samsami
    Last edited by samsami; 10-12-14 at 04:52 PM.

vCash

What adjustment do you do during an unfavourable match?

first of all, let me introduce myself. I am a addicted causal CM player, meaning i play a lot but I dont drill deep in the tactics. I enjoy recruiting good cheap potential young players and improve my team.

So, what I wanna invite you guys to share is, when during a match, when your team is not performing good, what would you do?
    Scenario I - most players are 7-9, except 1 or 2 player is 5-6.
    For me I would simply replace the player from my bench. may be i ll look into the details which area the player is not doing good. e.g. DM not making good tackles; AM not involving enough, Fwd not getting the header. I ll try to send out those whose attribute could correct the problem. I dont change the formation nor passing style.

Scenario II - Whole team ratings range is 4-6
    hm...I do exactly the same in scenario I. As usually I only play one formation. But thats not gonna work in the new season in my game, as my team is weak and gonna promote to Premier League, I am employing a pressing and attacking tactics which is like committing suicide when facing top team. So, do you have 2 game plans? what do u do when the plan does not work?

Cheers~

vCash
    IMO it's good to have a plan B but also having faith in your tactic until the 90 minute mark can pay off.

You can go deep into the statistics and analyse every aspect but at half-time I usually look at a few indicators:

Shots on goal - You're 1-0 down but your opponent has had 1 shot and you've had 20, do you really need to change it?

Possession areas - Are you getting into the attacking 3rd enough or being pinned back?

Condition - Players can get knocks that don't result in an injury where they must be subbed, but one that can hinder their performance, during a match look at anyone who is suspiciously low on condition and click on the injuries and bans tab which will show potential injuries.

Players ratings - The obvious one but good for quickly pinpointing weakness.

I almost always stick with the same tactic, even with a player sent off I would just sacrifice an attacker. Plan B only makes an appearance if I'm getting hammered or need the win, ie. CL Final, where I would take more of a risk by going more direct or getting a defensive player off for an attacker

vCash
    Welcome to the site pennaso!

Personally, I'm too loyal to my own tactic and traits that I've adopted in the game to mess around in the final stages of the game. It's always the same for me, stick with the same tactic no matter what the score is and I never make any substitutions in the final 10 minutes of the game.

In terms of the subs themselves, I never change players judged by their rating. I always go from their condition where if they reach 80% or less before the final 10 minutes, they'll get subbed.
    The Alphabet Game
    Try your luck at winning the top flight title with all 26 letters in the Alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Hi there Pennaso,

The performance of a football team as a whole is more
    than just the sum of the individual characteristics
    of each player. A player may be under performing
    because he is playing in the wrong position or
    trying to follow inadequate instructions. This gets trickier
    when you consider micro-tactics within your tactic, that is,
    if you consider central defender partnerships,
    midfield trios, or full-back and winger partnerships for example.

What I’m getting at is that you should always consider the
    whole when analysing why a certain player is under performing
    (or over performing for that matter).

Naturally, if a player has a rating of 5 while the rest of the team
    is on 7s and 8s than probably you should just substitute him.

When I’m trying to turn a game around I usually use team
    instructions and adjust player positioning. Depending on
    my squad I might also have a ‘secret weapon’ on the bench for
    a last minute charge (such as a striker with 20 jumping, 20 off the ball
    and 20 heading attributes [come to think of it if I had such a
    player I should probably include him in the starting line-up…])

Anyway, I sort of lost my train of thought here. You can also
    sit and curse at the screen until your team scores, you would
    be surprised on how effective it can be.

Cheers mate.

vCash
    I change the players who are in 5 or 6, change tactic, and around the 70 minutes if its not working, I change from short passing to direct passing.

vCash
    I substitute players if they fall below 6. I also check everyone's condition, and substitute players if they have any minor injuries. Change from short passing to direct.

Although I use Tapani's patch and 20x speed + very fast commentary, so I don't always have time to do anything at all.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Always sub if they have less than 7, I normally always use all 3 of my subs at half time also.

As per JLA, I do the Tapani patch x 200 speed and fast commentary so half time is the only chance i get to make changes.

vCash
    i try mr.sansami but there is limitation of how much i can improve performance of players with pics that's why i post here hoping someone good at making tactics can give me some tips

vCash
    If i concede 2 goals in the first half then the keeper gets subbed (normally right when the 2nd goal goes in).
    I never change my tactic, never alter mentality (always attacking).
    Anyone on a 5 gets subbed at half time then a warning for poor performance after the game (quite often it adds 1 point to determination or work rate).
    Only sub a centre half if absolutely necessary
    Keep tabs on older players fitness levels since the.y tend to drop quicker.

vCash
    Possession areas - Are you getting into the attacking 3rd enough or being pinned back?
    -- How much is enough usually? I seldom take a look in this

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast