• Stay

10 90.91%
  • Go

1 9.09%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [STORY] The Emperors of Japan

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 36

The summer break started with the Maldives training camp. We had 3 games lined up at the National Stadium in Male against top local sides Hurriya, Victory and Island FC

We would not be staying on Male, but will be on the island of Kuredu which is about 40 minutes away by sea plane.

As well as all of the facilities for the players to enjoy some well deserved R&R, Kuredu also boasts the only full sized pitch on the islands which is covered by FIFA approved artificial turf

Spoiler!

The plan was to train in perfect surroundings and build up some team spirit and camaraderie. For the 3 matches, everyone in the squad would get some game time. It didn't go exactly according to plan. Day 2 and Koh Satake failed to turn up for morning training. He arrived late, wearing sunglasses and clearly suffering from more than one too many Lion beers the night before.

I had no option but to give him a warning for unprofessional behaviour and he was very lucky not to be fined. This was the last thing that I wanted when I was looking to build a team spirit. Satake reacted badly to the warning, saying it was harsh for the first time, and followed that up with a request for a transfer. That was declined and he was told that there were over 2 years left on his contract and he would be going nowhere. I hope that is the end of the matter, but I suspect that it might come back.

For the first game, against 2005 champions Hurriya, it was the youths who comprised the majority of the starting 11, supplemented by Kitamoto and Jean Carioca who had the least game time from the 1st team squad. It was a 6-1 drubbing. Maekewa grabbed a hat-trick, Jean Carioca contributed a brace and an assist white Terauchi came off the bench to grab one for himself. All round a very satisfying performance in which Kimura (assist), Kohno (assist) and Saito (2 assists) all caught my eye from the younger players.

One week later and we were back to play Victory, who are twice champions and 21 times cup winners. For this game it was the 1st team back up players who formed the starting 11. Whether it was complacency, lack of respect for the opposition or just a bad day at the office, we never really got going, and although Masuda had given us a first half lead, it wasn't until substitutions were made and Kimura grabbed 2 late goals that we really got going. Certainly food for thought for the rest of the season.

onto the final game and IFC (Island FC, aka VB Addu FC or VB Sports Club) who in theit various guises have won 2 league titles and 5 cups. This was the chance for the main players to impress and Fabinho was told he would have the first 45 minutes, while Tokura would come on for the 2nd 45. It was a 7-0 thrashing. Aoki opened the scoring with a trademark free kick. Fabino added a brace and Matsuhashi made it 4-0 at half time. Tokura was then introduce and claimed himself a second half hat-trick as we ran riot.

Overall, and excluding the Koh Satake incident, it was a very good camp and I may look to do something similar again if the chance arises. It also offered us a chance to watch Brazil win the World Cup. It was a strange affair as Germany and Holland both failed to qualify leaving it very open. England won their group with 3 boring 1-0 wins over Israel, Chile and USA, before going out to hosts Mexico, conceding a late equaliser to their 10 men then losing the inevitable penalties (Gerrard and Wright-Phillips both missed)

Back to business and the second period of the league program kicked off. Maranhao opened the scoring and Tokura bagged a brace as we rolled over S-Pulse for a perfect start. Frontale have been a problem side for us this season and again they took an early lead. Maranhao, Takahashi, Tokura and Hamaoka put us firmly on top even though they scored again in injury time.

On to cup business and for once we did the job on the first leg. Satake and a Nagasato brace making the second leg a formality. Kimura and Fabinho finished the job, winning the second leg 2-1. Gamba will be the quarter final challenge.

Between these games we thrashed Grampus 4-0. Jean Carioca and Tokura both scored twice. It was all going so well, until Albirex came to The Ningineer and rather than sitting back, took the game to us. They got the 1-0 win that they deserved and became the first team to beat us in 90 minutes this season.

I wanted a reaction, but letting JEF Utd take the lead was not the reaction I was expecting. Tokura got us back with a leveller on the stroke of half time. Nagasato and Masuda scored in the second half to give us a comfortable win. In a preview of the cup clash, 10 man Gamba were no match Nagasato scored twice and Tokura got another hat-trick in a 5-0 win over 10 men. For a second week running, we scored 5 against 10 men. This time it was Satake who got the hat-trick and Tokura had to be satisfied with only 2.

The red cards were flowing. This time it was Takahashi on the receiving end for a two footed challenge against Jubilo. Fortunately Maranhao had already put us ahead, and we defended well for a 1-0 win. It was the same score when we went to Sanfrecce where Tokura was the only scorer.

Tokura was certainly the man on form. He showed that with a record breaking performance against FC Tokyo, scoring all 5 of our goals (the first 4 in an amazing 7 minutes). That is 30 goals from 19 league games and puts him just 5 away from the league record and 5 games to play. The 5 goals in this game is a record for the club and for J-League 1.

There is now a break for the remaining fixtures in the Japanese Cup, and for us, the Asian Club Championships. The league tables make happy reading for any Ehime fans with unassailable leads in both the league and the second period.

Imagine my dismay when, in the audience for the Asian Club Championships draw the name that came out the hat against us was Albirex ! I couldn't believe that we could get another team from Japan so early in the draw. However all was not what it first appeared. This was not the team from But then it became apparent that this was a club with the same name from Niigata, but a club of the same name from Singapore. The full draw was

I don't know much about this Albirex other than that they have a lot of Japanese players who failed to make the grade in their home country and they are a satellite club of the team we play in J-League 1. I will be sending a scout to watch them.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 29-04-15 at 02:11 PM.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Tokura ripping it all apart

Well done on qualifying the first period, time to do it the second time!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I went to Kuramathi in Maldives - the beers are indeed good so I can understand why he turned up late for training

Some classic names in Asian Championships

Bangkok Bank

Happy Valley v The Police - sounds like the coppers are after some ravers!

April 25 - what the fuck are they all about?!

The Cong - they sound solid as fuck

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Zico Sports Zico should manage those

"Happy Valley v The Police - sounds like the coppers are after some ravers! "

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I went to Kuramathi in Maldives - the beers are indeed good so I can understand why he turned up late for training

Some classic names in Asian Championships

Bangkok Bank

Happy Valley v The Police - sounds like the coppers are after some ravers!

April 25 - what the fuck are they all about?!

The Cong - they sound solid as fuck
    April 25 (aka 4.25) are the Korean Peoples Army team (and incase there are any spies sent by Kim Jong-Un to monitor this site, probably my favourite club in the world). 25th April is Military Foundation day in North Korea, hence the name.

The Cong will rename themselfs the Cuddly Ickle Bunnies if they ever come up against Yuichi Kodama.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 37

I've never understood the 12 week break between August and November in J-League 1. Just as the league season is reaching it's conclusion, everything stops to play a few cup games in a tournament that doesn't even bring Asian continental football to the winners. 12 weeks to play a few second rate cup ties, even if it is a cup we are defending. This season was a little different as little Ehime FC would be getting on a plane to fly off to pastures new.

But first, the second rate cup which had reached the quarter final stage and a tie with Gamba. Matsuhashi and Nagasato were both struggling for full match fitness, so Fabinho had a rare start in an attacking midfield role, otherwise it was close to a full strength side. The first leg was a great game of attacking football, let down by poor finishing from both sides. We had 12 shots, they had 10 and both missed the target 50% of the time. It wasn't until gone the hour that Hamaoka pounced on a defensive error to open the scoring, and 5 minutes later it was the midfield dynamo who was at the end of a silky passing move that set up Satake to make it 2-0. To be honest, that score would have flattered us, but I was still disappointed that we allowed Gamba to pull one back. We never seem to finish these ties at the first effort. Even worse was the late injury to Fabinho that would sideline him for a couple of weeks.

Tokura had been poor, so with the Asian Club Championship approaching, and Fabinho injured, Terauchi was given a rare start along with Nagasato returning in place of Fabinho. We finished the job with some style, Terauchi taking just 13 minutes to remind me why I kept him on. Matsuhashi, on as a precaution for Satake, made it 2-0 which finished the tie as a contest. Second half and a second for Matsuhashi and a thunderbolt freekick from Tominaga made it 4-0 on the night, setting up a semi final with Antlers.

Next up, the big one. Our Continental debut, against the champions of Singapore. The scouting reports had told me that Albirex were a hard working side that would be difficult to breakdown. They highlighted Japanese striker Akira Takase as the man to watch, however he didn't look like he would be challenging Lionel Messi for the Ballon d'Or any time soon. The rest of the squad was filled by second rate Japanese players, with just one Singaporean, who wasn't good enough to make their national side.

Although this was essentially a satellite club of the team from J-League 1, there was more than a hint of Argentine influence in the pre-match entertainment.

Ken Tokura was back to lead the attack and the rest of the side was exactly as I had planned. Hino in goal. Aoke, Salles and Takahashi at the back with Kodama sitting in front. A midfield of Suzuki, Maranhao and Hamaoka. Satake and Nagasato supporting Tokura to get the goals.

Albirex kicked off and immediately sat back looking to defend and they did so very well. It took 12 minutes before we got our first effort on goal, which the keeper handled with ease. Clearly is was not going to be easy to break down a 10 man defence and as the first half wore on, it looked like the sort of game where we huff and puff with no reward. Just after 30 minutes played and Suzuki came deep to pick up the ball and launch another attack. He drove forward, unchallenged as the defence retreated. Maranhao timed his run to perfection, beat the offside trap and picked up the pass, taking one touch to gain control then slotting a low drive under the advancing keeper.

That opened the floodgates and it took 5 minutes for Maranhao to double his tally with a run that beat 3 Albirex players. Satake headed in a Aoki freekick to make it 3-0 at half-time. With 3 away goals, the tie was over. That didn't stop Aoki blasting in a trademark free-kick and Satake converting a penalty following a foul on Maranhao that saw one of their central defenders sent off. The first disappointment was that against 10 men and 5-0 up, we still managed to allow their danger man, Takase, to pull back a consolation goal. The second disappointment was the pathetically low crowd of just 8,404 who turned up for such an important landmark

Compact would be the best way to describe the Jurong East Stadium. Officially it has a capacity of 2,700, however for this special occasion, the terracing was opened, allowing a further 776 fans to gain access.

The contest was over, so I had the luxury of resting all the first team players and I made 11 changes from the first leg. That didn't stop as going at them and it took just 8 minutes for Ikeda to win a penalty that Masuda converted. There was absolutely no urgency from either side as we slipped into cruise control and Albirex into damage limitation. A small reminder to Fabinho that he was fighting to retain his place in the squad did see him grab a couple of goals in a 3 minute burst in the second half, but we are going to have to play much better as this competition progresses.

For now we are in the hat for the second round, which is again a 2 leg knock out, along with 7 other sides. Not progressing were Jeonbuck and I was delighted to see a South Korean side knocked out so early.

I rather fancied a return to The Maldives. Brunei Darussalam or Hong Kong might also have been interesting. Instead, it was Malaysian giants Selangor who we would face and a trip to Kuala Lumpur in the first leg. There was just one week to complete the scouting report, which was disappointingly brief. Selangor has a reasonable team. That is just 5 words, not even 1 word per day ! I really must look at the standard of my scouts.

From my own research, Selangor had a team full of Malaysian's, 7 of whom had received international recognition. I couldn't identify any world beaters and all 4 goals that beat Pupuk Kaltim in the previous round were score d by different players. Not much to go on as we stepped out onto the intimidating Shah Alam pitch in a stadium that can hold over 80,000 but had just over 25,000 for this game.

I can imagine when full that it could be very hostile, but ¾ empty and with the fans so far from the pitch, it was eerily quiet. Clearly the local support had low expectations and their team didn't disappoint. Almost from the kick off, Thiago Maranhao burst through a statuesque defence to open the scoring. His next run was halted by an agricultural challenge from their central defender and captain Abu Bakar Ismail who was lucky to get just a yellow card. As Aoki lined up the freekick, Ismail clearly thought that it should have been a red card, so just to be sure, he thumped the referee with a right hook, then walked.

A man and a goal down and 87 minutes to play, there was no way back. Kodama defied his aging legs to skip through the defence to make it 2-0, Tokura volleyed in a Salles cross for our third and substitute Jean Carioca made it 4-0 from a Nagasato lay off early in the second half.

Job done, I could again make 11 changes to avoid injury to key players and give experience to some of the reserves, however for the 3rd time in 4 games the referee decided that the game should not be 11 v 11. This time it was us to suffer. Hiroshi Kimura got booked for a foul, then, frustrated at the booking, kicked the ball away and got an immediate second yellow for dissent. That was the 16th minute and it ruined what could have been a good game. Selangor had come to defend in numbers, while we couldn't break them down with 10 men. Eventually pressure told and Ikeda scored his first ever Ehime gola with a diving header to get on the end of a Jean Carioca cross. Fabinho grabed a second, again JC was the provider and it was an easy passage for us to the group stage.

The group stage is where it gets interesting and we will be joined by DPMM FC (Brunei Darussalam) Hubei Wuhan Zhiye (China) and Zico Sports (Pakistan), however that is not until March when we will play 3 games in 5 days at an as yet unnamed neutral venue.

For the time being it is back to domestic business and a difficult cup semi final with Antlers. We would need to be on top form, which we weren't, especially Thiago Maranhao who had a stinker of a game and Ken Tokura who couldn't hit the target on his first 4 efforts on goal. With our 2 key players misfiring, it looked like being a 0-0 draw, however Tokura made amends by pouncing on a rebound to give us a 1-0 lead to take home for the second leg. It should have been enough, and we played much better, but Antlers are always dangerous on the counter attack. A swift break allowed them to draw level on agregate, then, right on half-time, Chishima gave away a penalty and that gave Antlers an aggregate lead and an important second away goal. We battled hard and although Maranhao gave us hope with still 18 minutes to play, we couldn't find a winner and Antlers go through to the final.

Out of the cup, it was back to league business and with 5 games left, an unassailable 18 point lead in the league and 8 points clear in the second period, the only question that remained for us was whether Ken Tokura could grab the 6 goals that he needed to become the all time highest scorer in a J-League 1 season. He failed to find the net at home to Urawa Reds, but Hamaoka, Nagasato and Maranhao did to give us a 3-0 win. Tokura made amends with a brace at Vissel in a 3-1 win where Meta also scored. 3-1 was again the score as we got revenge on Antlers and another Tokura brace put him 1 short of equalling the record. Hamaoka got the other. Yet another 3-1 win and Tokura brace finished everything off at Cerezo. Maranhao got the other goal as records tumbled. Goals from Wada and Satake against 10 man Consadole finished the campaign in style with a 2-0 home win in front of a record crowd.

League campaign completed it is onto the end of season Emperor's Cup, the only trophy that I have not yet won, and that is a record that I want to set straight. Even so, I have already decided that Fabinho is not the right man to be a backup to “Super Ken” and, with a replacement already lined up, he will be sold at the end of this cup campaign. With that in mind and in order to maximise his value, “Fab Fab” will lead the line in the Emperor's Cup, when available.

You could have almost written the script. There was only one team that we could meet in the 3rd round. The team that beat us in the semi final 2 yeas ago and in the 3rd round last season. It could only be F-Marinos. I had no difficulty in firing up the lads for this one, especially Fabinho who knew he was in the shop window. He set the ball rolling with 2 first half goals, before the Thiago Maranhao show took over. He bagged a hat-trick as we cruised into round 4 with a 5-0 win.

Before round 4 it was awards time. Super Ken picked up player of the year and Japanese top scorer award. He joined Hino, Takahashi and Kodama in the team of the year while I donated my manager of the year award to the team as iot was they who had done all of the work.

Back to the Emperor's Cup. Sanfrecce were dispatched in the 4th round as Fabinho got both goals in a 2-1 win. There was no stopping us now. JEF Utd went down 3-1 (Aoki, Jean Carioca and Fabinho) which set up a semi final against arch rivals Consadole in Sapporo and another opportunity for a gratuitous picture of Officer Jenny.

Now there's a selfie worth having

After the game though it was Fabinho who was the subject of all the cameras. He single handed demolished Consadole with all 5 goals in a 5-0 win, matching Tokura's haul from earlier in the season. Maybe I have dismissed him to early.

And so to yet another final at the National Stadium, almost becoming a home game for us now. There were just 39 empty seats at kick-off time against Antlers, who we were facing for a 5th time this season. Credit to them, they did try to take the game to us, but were hit on the counter by a quick break. Fabinho's initial shot was saved, but Satake was on hand to knock in the rebound. That was the end of Antler's bid. Hamaoka put in a cross which Fabinho couldn't miss and Hamaoka again set up number 3, converted by Nagasato right on the half time whistle.

They were never going to pull this one back although Leandro Domingues did cut the deficit soon after the restart. It was still all Ehime, especially after they had their keeper sent off just short of the hour. A flurry of substitutions broke up the game and the new boys took a while to get going, but when they did, Hamaoka made it a hat-trick of assists, giving him the man of the match champagne and Masuda took the credit for the goal.

Another Trophy in the cabinet and the players left for a well earned holiday with the promise of another overseas training camp before the start of the new season.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bad luck in the Japanese Cup, you're clearly not too bothered about it anyway!

Records smashed in the league, a great season, top stuff!

Good to see F-Marinos were beaten and old foes Consadole brused apart in the Emperors Cup. Easy passage to the final and an easy game there itself. Looks like Fabinho has finally got his act together!

When do the group stages of the club championship get going?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bad luck in the Japanese Cup, you're clearly not too bothered about it anyway!

Records smashed in the league, a great season, top stuff!

Good to see F-Marinos were beaten and old foes Consadole brused apart in the Emperors Cup. Easy passage to the final and an easy game there itself. Looks like Fabinho has finally got his act together!

When do the group stages of the club championship get going?
    Not until the end of march. Games on 20th, 22nd and 24th. Semi final is 23rd May and final is 2 days later !

Edit to add: Domestic fixtures are out, so I have the super cup and 2 league games before the group stage. The semi final and final are around the last game of the first period.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 08-05-15 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Where can I buy a "Fucked the Police - Happy Valley" T-shirt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merkezekrem View Post
    Where can I buy a "Fucked the Police - Happy Valley" T-shirt?

Just going to the printers to have some made up. They will be in the Ehime shop later today.

vCash
    Great season, smashed it! Looking forward to the Asian Championships now

vCash
    Congrats on the League!

Gutted about the Cup

But at least you revenge on them in the cup you didn't win

Easily navigated first 2 rounds and now in Group Phase - looks like you should progress there as well - all looking good for you

Love the write up style of the random grounds and facts about them

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 38

Some traditions in Japan you can rely on and when, after the Emperor's Cup victory over Consadole, some goon turned up looking to shove me in the back of his car, it was not unexpected.

Some traditions in Japan need to be changed. Before he could think, a knee to his groin was followed up by a forearm smash to the back of his neck and a swift left and right hook that spit his nose. Blood was flowing freely from several orifaces.

Me: Take that as a message to Ishibashi san that if he wants to speek to The Eejit, he comes to The Eejit.
    Goon: groan

Ishibashi: No need for the message. Ishibashi san is here and is impressed with your performance.
    Me: Thanks. I have been working out a bit.
    Ishibashi: Not that. Any junior ninja could have taken him out, although personally I'd have taken the easy option and just shot him. What impressed me is that we have now won everything in Japan worth winning and are still competing in the later stages of a continental tournament.
    Me: Don't count any chickens. We have some testing games to come against top sides from Brunei Darussalam and Pakistan. It's still early doors
    Ishibashi: Early Doors … yes. “Hello, I love you” was probably my fave
    Me: Done that joke already, lets move on.
    Ishibashi: OK. In that case, you still have your job, and no change to the conditions.
    Me: The Asian Club Championships is obviously the number 1 target. I thought our training camp in the Maldives worked well. Is there any chance we could do something similar before the start of the new season ? I thought perhaps Bali ?
    Ishibashi: The camp is already arranged. The booking details are on your desk.

The lads turned up for preseason training 3 weeks before the Japanese supercup preliminary to the regular league season. Normally it is a case of integrating all of the new faces and working out who wasn't there. This time there was just 1 new name. 22 year old Ardija forward Atsushi Ikeda completed a £250k move which had been arranged in advance. He certainly knows how to find the back of the net and I hope that with the right training, his all round game will improve so that he can build on a record of 18 goals in his 58 starts so far in his career. For now, he would be 3rd choice, behind Tokada and Terauchi, or so I thought ! (Oh....suspense !)

You might have noticed that Fabinho was not mentioned in the list of strikers. That's because his exploits in the Emperor's Cup, didn't stop me from my plan to sell the striker who has blown hot and cold. Palmeras won the bidding war to land the striker who bagged 54 goals in 74 games for Ehime. Not a bad record, but he tended to go several games without impact and then score them all in just a few games. I was also disappointed with just 11 assists in that time. I did get £1.3m for him and since he arrived on a free transfer. I can't complain about the deal.

Also missing from the reunion was defender Kunie Kitamoto who's contract was not extended and he left on a free. He has since signed a deal with Yokohama FC in J-League 2. I had thought that would be that, but Yuichi Kodama rejected the idea of a pay as you play non-contract deal, and I was not going to offer terms to a 35 year old, so we decided to part company. He has yet to find a new club. It is a shame as he was a great servant, completing 132 games and scoring 5 times with 39 assists. The average rating of 7.76 shows just how consistent he was and a crucial key to our success.

And then I had to tell them about the training camp.

Me: Gather round lads ….. OK ….. we'll be doing the basic training here for the rest of this week, but on Friday, bring your gear here as we will be heading out for a two week camp, similar to the Maldives trip last summer

Chorus of “Yes” “Get in there” “Woo Hoo” and “優れました”

Suzuki: Where are we going to boss ?
    Thiago Salles: Is it Bali ? The lads have that as the favourite
    Meta: I wanted it to be Thailand
    Hino: Only because you want to meet some ladyboys

Chorus of laughter

Me: Actually, it is none of them. Ishimoto san has kindly set up an all expenses paid trip to …...

Spoiler!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Congrats on winning the Asian Club Championship! What´s next for The Eejit?

I really enjoy your writing style. That training camp in Afghanistan was classic. And Thiago Maranhão must have the neck muscles of a giraffe!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyBee82 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Easy! Easy!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Plenty of spoilers in there

Did you regret the sell of Fabinho when Terauchi retired? I thought it may backfire on you but obviously you ended up doing well enough!

Strange choice for a tour, Afghanistan

Congrats on landing the Club Championship at long last. I thought the semi final would be tougher than that and certainly in the final itself against a strong team.

Not surprised to see that you've retired having won it all now, well done

The end of this story or is there more to come?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done Eejitosan!

Funny how you just run away after the last whistle You were probably afraid the wierd Japanese structure will come up with something.

That header from the corner is a beauty. I wonder maybe their keeper came to your box and made a save there?

Some team that Al-Ahly have there. I should check them more often for transfer targerts.

Thanks for the story and very accurate teachings of the Japanese ways to us ignorant .... fellas

Already curious about where to next and what restrictions

28. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is this the end of The Eejit in Japan? :O

Hope not !

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Top stuff Eejit.
    Hope you carry on this story, it's great fun. Training camp in Afghanistan
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks to all the followers and for the feedback. Just to remove any doubt, this is THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBee82 View Post
    Congrats on winning the Asian Club Championship! What´s next for The Eejit?

I really enjoy your writing style. That training camp in Afghanistan was classic. And Thiago Maranhão must have the neck muscles of a giraffe!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I try to look for an angle that makes me laugh, so I hope that comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Easy! Easy!
    And there lies the problem. There was next to no competition domestically, and once you've got your head round the weird setup, it loses a lot of interest. The Asian Competition is a complete joke. I have to say that the first 2 seasons I really enjoyed, but after that it became a bit of a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Plenty of spoilers in there

Did you regret the sell of Fabinho when Terauchi retired? I thought it may backfire on you but obviously you ended up doing well enough!

Strange choice for a tour, Afghanistan

Congrats on landing the Club Championship at long last. I thought the semi final would be tougher than that and certainly in the final itself against a strong team.

Not surprised to see that you've retired having won it all now, well done

The end of this story or is there more to come?
    Yes, I did wish that I'd held onto Fabinho, but that said, once I had found Goto, he was probably just as effective as Fabinho would have been, and I had the pleasure of finding him.
    I've not seen anyone else play a club game in Afganistan and I thought it might provide some amusement.

What next ? Well I do have a couple of ideas, but not sure which one to go for. Time is a problem at the moment as I am very busy at work, (You might have noticed that I was down to 1 update a week). I'm not going to start something that I can't finish, so I'll probably not start anything until things settle down a bit. I might have a go at one of the shorter challenges, just to keep my eye in. Perhaps not the Man City one though !

Thanks everyone.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorry I didn't really comment towards the end much (work is bonkers at the mo - hence my writing at 2am!) but I will read that last post of yours soon!

This was bloody superb mate and one of my favourites - for the sheer randomness of the league to your great writing style on the story itself

For me - I would certainly give it a Nom for HOF!

vCash
    Yeah, nice work The Eejit, an enjoyable ride.
    The Man City challenge? Can't think of anyone who's struggled with that one...
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Don't know how it's took me so long to catch up but awesome stuff as usual mate! That Japanese structure is mad! Shame it was plain sailing when you finally qualified for the Asian Club Championship, even against the team Al Ahli fielded in the Final!

Definitely HOF, unfortunately I don't have the ability to move it myself now.

vCash
    Moved to the HoF
    The Alphabet Game #3

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011