• Stay

10 90.91%
  • Go

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] The Emperors of Japan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Blimey, as if it wasn't tough enough! Did you take over a football club or a retirement home?!

"Boss, Gaffer!" hahaha!

Tactic looks about right, kind of what I thought you'd have to do other than the 3 at the back although that was before the retirements.

Good luck, let's get goals!
    Without playing a lot of guys out of position, there really wasn't many options. I'm wondering which of us will score more and let in more in our respective seasons. I suspect that I might have a better chance of avoiding the sack :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Ah yes - I remember now there is always about 5+ retirements from the team right at the start!

Love the physio telling you to fuck off after you said the same to a former player

I'll wish you luck as you may need it
    I figured that something was coming having read the previous efforts in the Challenges forum, but the hit was worse that I had anticipated. I'll take all of the luck being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    That bus is nuts
    No more nuts than anything else going on here.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash

Good stuff

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just caught up with this. Nice start!

Challenge is the right word, got your hands full here
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is crazy - I love it! May have to have a crack at it myself some time

EDIT: Loved the "Improve the squad" message too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Fucking amazing bus!

Best vehicle photo ever in a story!

Luck? No no, it is fun to read suffering

9. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 5

I'm not sure that a new job, or even a new season has ever started off better. We kicked off and Josimar fed Yokoyama on the right. Hamaoka hd joined the attack and played a quick pass through to Terauchi who looked up and unleashed a piledriver. Just 27 seconds were on the clock !

It was a very open game with both keepers in regular action. Tada had pulled off a couple of great saves even before Leandro reacted quickest to a rebound off the wall at a freekick. Hamaoka was again involved as we retook the lead. A neat move down the left came to the midfielder and his shot was parried onto the toe of Terauchi who buried it first time. The next goal would be vital and we got it just after the break. From a Hoshino freekick, Terauchi looked to have got his hat-trick, but Doi got a hand to his goal bound header, only to palm it straight to Hamaochi who got the goal that his support play had deserved.

A solid away win to open the season, but the score could have been almost anything. Verdy had 10 shots with 7 on target, while we had 16 and 14, so we did deserve the win, but on another day with another keeper it might have been another story.

Mental !

It is the only word to describe this game. A 10th minute red card for our defensive midfielder and minutes later we go 1 down. A first time voley from Aono and we were level, then route one from defence and Terauchi latched onto Goto's clearance. He cut inside his man and another powerful shot from distance had the 10 men 2-1 up. After the interval, back came the home side and with 23 minutes left, they were back ahead 3-2. Another long clearance was collected by Yokoyama who crossed for Terauchi to level the scores again.

As the final whistle blew, I was on the pitch to celebrate a very hard fought draw, but no ! Golden Goal extra time in a league game ! Mental. The winners get 2 points rather than 3. Mental ! It was a game that we really didn't deserve to loose, but loose we did. 6 minutes into extra time, Tada spilled a long shot and Kudo sent the home support wild.

Pleased with most of the performances, but Kodama was given a warning for that impetuous red card. He has been told in no uncertain term to let the referee manage the match and not to get involved in any incidents. In a private statement he believed he had been treated unfairly and if he wasn't such a valuable player he would have been sent from the club with a kick in the arse. Do it again and he will know unfair treatment !

A second 7 goal game on the spin. The Ehime FC fans are certainly getting entertained, but after this one I was furious with the team.

For some reason, Kodama escaped without a suspension which is a bit odd. I was therefore able to field the same starting 11 for the 3rd game in a row. Hamaoka with another poachers goal when the keeper spilled his own header, Terauchi with another piledriver followed it up with his 6th in 3 games when he latched onto a Hoshino cross and at half time we were coasting. Josimar got his season under way with our 4th from the spot then made it 5 with an excellent solo effort as he ran from inside our own half. We were just 3 minutes away from a valuable clean sheet and we switched off. They pulled 2 back and I pulled out the Fergie hairdryer for the first time.

I know we got the win and I know we completely dominated, but we will need to concentrate for a full 90 minutes every game. We can't give stupid goals away and more importantly surrender 10 management points in the process.

They say you don't look at the table until Christmas. In this case though, the league would be done and dusted, so in Japan, you don't look at the league until Midsummer's Day. Although I am pleased to have 2 wins on the board and to be leading scorers, I have no idea if these results are any good or not. They may well be the 3 worst teams in the league. After 11 games, when we will have played everyone, we can take stock of our position.

There have been some high scoring games and a total of 78 goals in 18 fixtures suggests that there are more to come. So far only Ventforet, Cerezo, Sanfrecce, Yokohama FC and Avispa, have had shutouts and it is interesting that 3 of them, Cerezo, Yokohama FC and Avispa, are also teams that have failed to score. As for us, Terauchi with 6 goals in 3 games is the man in form and I'm also pleased to see Hamaoka getting up in support of the attack. I had been worried who in midfield would get any goals.

April will be a busy month with 5 league games, Consadole (H), Yokohama FC (A), Holly Hock (H), Cerezo (A) and Kyoto Sanga (H). There are also 2 Cup games with Vegalta each side of the Holly Hock game and we are away in the first leg. I don't think I'll be able to list the same starting 11 for all these games, so lets see what the squad players can do.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Conceding goals late on, that's familiar!

Good to see Josimar has got off the mark. He'll be key if you are going to have any success.

Golden goal in league games? The J-League is mental!

Good start but you are right to wait and see how it pans out, especially with squad players coming in.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Could be reverting to a 2332 formation for some of those games in a busy month

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How come some of the teams have draws in the league table if it's golden goal? Does that mean no one could score one?!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Holly Hock

Entertaining games there.

So japanese ripped off Soccer insted of football it seems

19. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    How come some of the teams have draws in the league table if it's golden goal? Does that mean no one could score one?!
    It is mental !

If a team wins in 90 minutes they get 3 points
    If a team gets a golden goal in extra time they get 2 points
    If there is no goals in extra time, it is a draw and both teams get 1 point
    If a team looses, no mater how, they get 0 points

Quote Originally Posted by merkezekrem View Post
    Holly Hock

Entertaining games there.

So japanese ripped off Soccer insted of football it seems
    FC Mito HollyHock to be precise (note to Update team - HollyHock has no space between the words although iy is capitalised !)

Since you like strange vehicles, they can go 1 better than the Ehime bus .......

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kingsley; 08-12-14 at 11:16 AM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Would assume so Bob. I noticed it too.

I think Ego needs to get some games during this month. He's itching to get some action!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wahahahahaha - forgot as well about Leage extra time - brilliant!

A good start indeed Mr Eejit - the board must be pleased so far!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 6

There is no point in changing a winning team if you don't have to, so for the 4th game running it is an unchanged starting 11, looking to stay unbeaten over 90 minutes. Sadly we were up against the best side we have played so far. It was a very even game. Both sides had 9 shots on goal. Both sides had 5 on target. Both sides had 50% posession. That said,Consadole had a goal chalked off and hit the post twice in a goalless first half. This never looked like being a nil-nil draw and sure enough, 6 mad minutes saw all of the scoring.

Their substitute central defender was left unmarked at a corner to head in the opener which was immediately cancelled out by Terauchi who had acres of space to control a Chishima low cross and drive low into the corner. It was poor marking again for the winner as we lost to another unmarked header. Deep into injury time and Josimar cracked one off the cross bar.

While it is disappointing to loose at home, there are no complaints. Their defenders made fewer mistakes than ours and we were more than competitive against one of the teams who will be there or thereabouts. Looking positively, Terauchi scored again for the 4th game on the spin.

Despite the defeat it was yet another unchanged side, which probably says more about the alternatives than it does about the starters. I wanted to see us bounce straight back, and I got that. We were on top for most of the game and the opener came from a sequence of corners. Aono hit this one long and Josimar fired in first time and got a massive deflection off a defender. The Brazilian is still claiming the goal, but officially it is an own goal. Terauchi hit the bar before the game was killed by a double strike on half time. A freekick came off the wall to Hoshino who teed up Terauchi who set up the 3rd for Josima after a neat passing move. Typically we let in a soft second half reply. These lapses in concentration when in control are costing points and I am not happy. The result was never in doubt and after hitting the bar and having a penalty claim turned down, Yokoyama sprinted down the wing and crossed for Josimar to head in his second.

The defence were given an extra training session to stop these stupid goals being conceded.

A midweek cup game and for the first time changes were forced. Kawai came into defence in place of Kanamori, taking the left most slot and Hoshino and Goto both moving right. Hyodo came in for Chishima, Kamimaru for Hamoaka and Tanaka for Yokoyama. They were all direct replacements. This was a slaughter and killed the cup tie at the first leg. 21 shots with 14 on target it could have been much more. Hyodo marked his first start with a great solo effort and Josimar converted a Kodama cross. Half time and I opted to rest some more players and it was Yoshida, on his club debut, who was given far too much time to pick his spot for number 3.

Like the result, the clean sheet was never in doubt. Vegalta never had a shot on target.

After the game I was smiling for once until a reserve striker approached me.

Ego: Gaffer ! I think I aught to be a regular first team starter.
    Me: Practice your English. Arrange these words into a sentence. “Chance” “Fucking” “A” “Not”. Son, You have got to get rid of that self importance.

Fuming ! Absolutely raging. Going into this game, HollyHock had just 1 point and were bottom of the league. We were back to full strength and there should be no excuses. I don't care that we had 5 penalty shouts turned down we should beat these every day of the week. Double training sessions all week. That was unacceptable.

5 changes for the second leg of the cup. Kawai, Uchino, Kamimaru, Kudo and Yoshida replaced Goto, Aono, Chishima, Yokoyama and Terauchi. I'm annoyed about letting in a soft goal yet again. The marking was shocking, but we came back well and the fringe strikers both found the net. Route to the second round safely negotiated and we have J-League 2 side Bellmare next, away in the first leg. As good a chance as any for a place in the Quarter Finals.

I really don't know how we managed to loose this one. Looking at every statistic other than goals scored and we dominated. That said, the hosts had 6 shots and all found the target and if we had that sort of accuracy from our 14 efforts we might have got more from the game. Hamaoka's late surge into the box briefly got us back in the game, but hopes of another extra time were quickly dashed.

What a game. We had 14 chances with 10 on target, they had 15 and 10. It was end to end excitement. In addition to the goals, we hit the woodwork once and Kyoto managed it twice. Good to see all3 strikers finding the net. Yokoyama from a Kodama cross, Josimar heading in a long ball from Goto and Aono setting up Terauchi for another trademark piledriver. Happy with the 3 points, but my nerves can't take many more games like that

5th place sounds about right although I think we could easily have had 3 points more. I'm not surprised that Consodole are leading the league as they are the best side we have played thus far. We have lost our status as leading scorers, although Terauchi's 9 from 8 league games still makes him the leading individual. I'd like to see more from Josimar and perhaps he is being held back by the playmaker tag, so I'll drop that and a tinker with the defence for the May fixtures.

It is going to be a tough month with 6 league games, including games against the top 3. Sanfrecce at home and Bellmare and Cosadole away. In addition we have a home game against Verdy and travel to Ventforet and Vegalta.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Scoring plenty of goals. It's the defence letting you down which is hardly surprisingly really.

I was just thinking that Josimar doesn't seem to be in the goals as much as I thought he would, then I read you admit the same. Let's hope that change as playmaker helps! Has he got many assists in that role though?

Good luck with the tough run now!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I agree with Mark, I see playmaker more as someone who will get you assists, or maybe even the pass before the assist (does Josimar make many key passes?) rather than someone who scores goals. Terauchi's doing well though, and it's a bit funny that your only clean sheet so far came with a back-up defence in the cup! Maybe those players ought to be starting more often...?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Josimar is a strange one. He's not getting any assists, despite a pass success rate over 80%. His average rating is great, it just appears that he can't hit the target (terauchi is up at 66% on target)

I'm going to try taking off the playmaker role, but I can't see what difference that would make

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

kuy

vCash
    He'll get in the goals before long. Maybe it's just that the goals come from the positions that the other strikers are in instead.
    The Alphabet Game #3

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What's with Brazilian players going to Japan?

I am sure there are always a Brazilian gem that is playing for a random J-League team :/

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    What's with Brazilian players going to Japan?

I am sure there are always a Brazilian gem that is playing for a random J-League team :/

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hehe!

Glad he got his own storyline!!

'Release the Ego'

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 7

What a difference a few small changes make. The middle central defender is pulled a bit deeper off the ball and all defenders are put on zonal marking. Josimar is no longer the playmaker and bang ! We hit 4 without reply away to the team who started the day in third place. The opener though did come with a slice of luck. I had started with the usual 11, but after 25 minutes was forced into a double substitution of Hyoko and Tanaka for Hamaoka and Yokoyama. Hyodo went straight over to take the corner and Tanaka headed past the keeper with his first touch ! Tanaka's second came from a long ball headed on by Josimar. Aono set up Chishima for the third and Josimar took advantage of a horrible goalkick to finish off the scoring. Bellmare were never in it and we have our second clean sheet. We also play them again in the next round of the cup.

Aono had picked up a knock and so Hyodo got a chance to start against the side in second, who had lost 3 of their last 5 games, but had scored 5 times in each of the other 2 games. And what a start. In the 2nd minute we hit the post. In the 4th we had a strong shout for a penalty turned down, then from the right, Chishima squared for Hamaoka who buried a fierce strike. And we didn't tet them off the hook. Terauchi turned provider for Hamaoka to volley in the second For the 3rd, Josimar hit the bar and the rebound fell perfectly to Yokoyama. At half time the players were told in no uncertain terms that they were to keep it tight at the back. I wanted a second consecutive shut out and further goals were less important. They completely ignored me and pressed forward looking for a 4th. We could have got it from another couple of penalty appeals, instead it was a Josimar low cross that would have been a tap in for Kanamori had a defender not deflected it first. With Sanfrecce visibly wilting, Josimar latched onto a long punt to round the keeper for number 5 and then got number 6 from the spot after Tanaka had been pulled down.

What a win against one of the leading sides. On our day we can beat anyone and the club record crowd of 12,244 shows that the entertaining football is gathering attention.

In this form there really is no stopping us. It was 4-0 it could easily have been many more were it not for a home keeper who earned a 7 rating despite shipping 4. Josimar is becoming something of a poacher and is deadly from 6 yards out as we saw when Terauchi set up the opener. Yokoyama headed a cross down for Terauchi to get his 10th of the season and then found Josimar 6 yards out again for 3-0. Hyodo, on for a tiring Aono pounced on a loose ball to round of the scoring.

14 goals without reply in the 3 games and the press were raving about the performances of Josimar. I agreed that he was turning into a player of real class.

All good things must come to an end, but fortunately we were 3-0 up before that defensive line was finally breached. Aono had cut out an attack, fed Kodama who played it upto Terauchi to open the scoring. Josimar showed he was not a 1 trick pony, by collecting Tada's goal kick and rounding a couple of defenders before finding the net. He nearly repeated the same move, but this time spotted Terauchi even better placed and we were in full control. Their goal was a scrappy effort and Marcos got lucky when Tada made a brilliant save, but could only palm it out. It could have gone anywhere and I'm not going to berate the lads for that one. Instead, they pulled up their socks and Hamaoka volleyed us back into a 3 goal lead with another assist from Josimar. He is revelling in his role now released from that playmaker tag. Second half was far less eventful, but Josimar got his second from a Tanaka cross.

We have now played Vegalta 4 times and have 4 wins with 14 scored and 4 conceded. Can we play them every week ? 19 goals in the last 4 games. Just the form you want when you head to the leaders home.

Get in there ! League leaders on their own patch !

I'm not sure how we won this as we were out played for long periods. The difference was probably the keepers where Tada got an 8 rating and Abe in their goal let in all 3 shots on target and got a 5. It started off badly for Abe when Yokoyama charged down his attempted clearance and picked up the loose ball for a second minute opener. Consadole fought back strongly, but Abe was beaten again by a sucker punch long ball which fell to Josimar who fed Hamaoka then ran onto the return. Minutes later and Marcellinho missed a sitter, hitting the crossbar when it was easier to score. You could tell it was not going to be their day. Wave after wave of Consadole attacks ended up with Tada getting a finger tip to send it round the post, or blocking for a defender to clear. There was nothing he could do to stop Sunakawa who had a run at Kanamori, left him for dead and thumped a shot off the underside of the bar. Could the recovery be on ? That thought was killed early in the second half s Chishima advanced down the right and centered for Hamaoka to apply the finishing touch. There was still time for Josimar to hit the bar as Consadole poured men forwards.

Hoshino got the official man of the match, but for me it was Tada (even sounds like a drum-roll) for a series of top drawer saves. Not even me at my most miserable could moan about not getting a clean sheet when we get a win at the leaders. There was dancing on the streets of Ehime that night.

How do you follow up winning a game you should have lost ? You loose a game you should have won. When just 3 out of 12 efforts hit the target and when the keeper lets in 2 out of 3 then it is always going to be tough. Verdy took their chances and found themselves 2 up in next to no time. Hoshino pulled one back when a corner ended with a game of head tennis.

A bad day at the office or a change in fortunes ?

After 14 games, the league is starting to take some shape as we head for the midseason break. (Yes, just 14 games into a 44 game program and we get 7 weeks off. Only in Japan !) Consadole, despite that loss to us, still look the class of the field and have a bit of daylight. We are in a group of 5 all looking for that second place, or to profit from any mistakes that Consadole might make. Our only game in June is at home to Avispa and we need to start turning round a poor home record of 3 wins and 3 losses. I want revenge for that golden goal extra time defeat last time we played them.

Good to see us back at the top of the goal scoring charts. At this rate we could be heading for 135 league goals in the season ! Josimar is now on 13 league goals for the season with Terauchi 1 behind and Danilson Cordoba of Consadole 1 ahead.

It has to be said that we have been very lucky with injuries, atleast to the first team. 5 players have played every game with 4 more missing just 1 and the other 2 missing 2 games. That consistency in selection might be paying dividends.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow, that change definitely did pay off! 8 goals by my count for Josimar, it's about time he got going. Some great results for you there and I think the last one is just bad luck. Keep the faith and you'll soon catch up to Consadole!
    The Alphabet Game #3

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep. Little change makes a big difference.

And a change for the better. Just need to avoid defensive injuries now and you are as good as up.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Amazing set of results there! I think you'll win by a margin

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast