Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rugby League

vCash

Rugby League

Anyone else a fan of this code? I'm a huge Leeds Rhinos fan.

vCash
    I like watching the Super League on a Friday night. Favourite team in the SL: Wigan. Favourite team IRL: Leigh Centurions. I have to choose Leigh over Wigan for many reasons, the main being I am a loyal leyther. I think it's scandalous that Leigh weren't properly considered for 'promotion' and Widnes were considering that a lot of Leigh's players are now in the Super League, we have an excellent youth development programme and a class stadium to boot.

vCash
    I watch Rugby League, coming from a Rugby League town Widnes so I follow Widnes Vikings, if when you turn the table upside down were top and the best team

vCash
    NSW just got robbed against QLD in the 1st State of Origin match of 2012.

QLD have won an amazing 6 series in a row, looks like they will make it 7........

vCash
    Probably going to be 8 very soon...

vCash
    My Roosters looking good, still nowhere near as good as the Storm and Rabbitohs though. Manly the other obvious threat atm, great halves.

Long way to go, Bulldogs are slowly getting it together too, can't see the winner coming from outside of those 5 unless the Cowboys get their shit together real soon.

vCash
    Roosters look very good so far this season, probably looked 2nd best team overall.
    One of he best things they did, was get rid of Brian Smith as coach last year. I cannot understand why that guy is so highly rated, nor why the Roosters forked over $1million (?) to poach him from the Knights a few years ago.
    In CM terms, he would have the following attributes:
    Man Management 1
    Motivation 1
    Working With Youngsters 1

He was the primary reason Jamie Lyon went bush rather than playing in the NRL, earlier in his career.

I couldn't tell you the name of the guy at Roosters now, but he seems to be doing a lot better job.

vCash
    Trent Robinson, seems to have a very level head on his shoulders.

Seem a very happy camp and they are playing to their potential, can still see improvement in them though which is great .

vCash
    NSW up 1-0 over QLD after beating them 14-6 last night.
    I didn't get to watch it live, but all the talking points i've heard since, have been about Paul Gallen king-hitting Nate Myles in an unprovoked attack. Gallen claims Myles tackles dirty, but still a very ugly thing to do.
    I'll bet that the next match in Brisbane in 2 weeks has a very feisty opening.

vCash
    It was a great clash, NSW deserved the win.

The Gallen incident was superb, yeh he clobbered him early doors and then gave him a good pasting after. Brilliant that they cant get sent off in State of Origin.

vCash
    Was hardly a king hit bh, they were standing toe-to-toe and screaming at each other, I knew what was coming next, Nate Myles should've definitely known what was coming next.

Good game all in all. Inglis was kept very quiet, Thurston was well below average, we totally dominated their pack, the 80000 passionate Blues crowd was brilliant. None of those things will happen again in game II, they will be up for it in front of their crowd for sure.

Hayne, Ferguson, Jennings, Maloney, Farah, Gallen, Lewis all stand outs for me, we pretty much didn't have a bad player except for Tamou.

Looking forward to game II immensely, I think we'll lose in a close 1 and game III will be 1 for the ages.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeah, king-hit was a bad choice of words.
    The biff makes the game more memorable - who can forget Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer going at it in the early 90's.

vCash
    Big match on tonight - Game 3 of State Of Origin.
    NSW's best chance to win in yonks. Should be great to watch, I can't wait

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bhnow For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ^^^

Shall be down the booooza for shure

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ironically, I'll be watching at the local Aussie Rules club.

Can't fecking wait, GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    QLD made it 8 series on a row last night.
    Close game but again the Maroons scored when they had to.

A tubby streaker made it all the way out to the middle, interrupted the play

vCash
    Fat tanned streaker was the hardest runner all night.

Fucking still dirty we lost....

vCash

vCash
    He covered himself in grease so security guards couldn't hold onto him

vCash
    NRL regular season is coming to a close, still very much in the air who the favourites should be.

Roosters have looked the goods all year, but lost their last two. Has the Roosters juggernaut been derailed Oz, or will they regain form when it matters?
    Souths and Melbourne have been quality throughout as well. Melbourne always seem to rise to the occasion come finals time.
    My Sea Eagles are definite contenders as well, with a good win over Melbourne the other day. This season they've struggled against the other top 4 teams and blitzed everyone else.

Of the rest, Canterbury have good days, and, can you believe it, Cowboys could squeeze into 8th. They were dead and buried midway through the season but are flying home.
    Last edited by bhnow; 03-09-13 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Auto spell!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bhnow For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Interesting finals series coming up bhnow, anyone can win it with a bit of luck, that's the beauty of NRL, and the salary cap.

I'd hate to be playing the Cows 1st up, Test frontrow and halfback, Bowen on a mission, won 5 in a row, look very ominous to me.

Personally, from the top 4 teams, Souths are my pick for 3 reasons. Sam Burgess, Adam Reynolds and Greg Inglis are all world class, fit, and in form, can't go past them.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Down to the final four in the NRL.
    Manly play Souths tonight and Roosters play the Knights tomorrow.

Manly vs Souths will be a rugged and physical meeting, as their encounters so far this year have shown. Manly to win because Souths will choke.
    Knights have done very well the past two weeks in knocking off tough competition, including perennial contenders Melbourne. Their coach Wayne Bennett is truly one of the best in the game, and will have the Knights ready for the Roosters.
    I predict a Manly v Newcastle final...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bhnow For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Roosters will flog the Knights. Boyd Cordner is a chance of a comeback in this game too, fuck he's a good player.

Could go either way in the other 1, I'm going with Souths though, they'll be better for the weeks break, Manly struggled against the Sharks last week I thought.

vCash
    Yeah fair enough Oz, Roosters and Souths deserve to be favourites, but I'm thinking the underdogs will triumph.

Roosters seem to be in the news every day for the wrong reasons. Drug allegations and connections to an organised crime figure. Could be a distraction

vCash
    Media bullshit mate, they've been open about it, nothing to answer for, just rubbish journos writing rubbish stories.

Anyway, Cordner has been ruled out, won't matter. FPN, Aubo, Guerra have been great replacing him.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast