Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Basketball

vCash
    I dunno but I find basketball horribly boring, to the extent even the WNBA can't hold my attention at all. It's just... boring. If I ran things, the four major sports in North America would be football, hockey, gridiron and lacrosse.

vCash
    Girl talk.

I loved it more than football when I was a kid. Shame I cannot watch games often cause of broadcast times .

vCash
    Bah.

Now, it might be interesting, if they played basketball on ice, wearing bobsled shoes...

vCash
    I'd rather basketball than american football, and baseball for that matter. At least there's a bit of excitement in it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    American football is vastly more interesting than basketball IMO (and Canadian football more interesting than American!)... if there is a game second to chess as interesting to watch for the strategy and tactics behind each move, gridiron is it.

Baseball/softball are fun to play, but not particularly exciting to watch. But it's fun to go to a game with friends, chatter when nothing interesting is happening and occasionally see a great hit or spectacular catch or something.

But for me nothing really comes close to football and hockey.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Canadian football is way more entertaining than nfl..... but i hate basketball.... so boring... i tried playing it due to my height but it just doesn't interest me at all...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    all right...USA vs SERBIA at finals...

vCash
    Not been the best advertisement for the game. Spain's shooting the other night was horrible and if France were a bit more consistent from moment to moment in the games, they'd have beaten the Serbs. It's all so slow-paced and niggly and the shooting... ugh.

vCash
    Anyone watch USA v Lithuania in semi? I know USA were massive favourites but did they play really well or Lithuania not have a great game?

vCash
    USA played nothing special, they just kept the tempo high for the entire game, like they've been doing in every match so far. That seems to be their main weapon because European teams can't keep it up all the way.
    Lithuania has always been a shooting team and they were AWFUL at it the other night.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I was happy to see D. Rose returning.

vCash

Basketball

Coach K doesn't have a team of bonafide superstars. Instead, he's concentrated on getting his bunch of very good NBAers to run rings around the lumbering giants of Eastern Europe. He took three big men in case he had to face the Spanish, whose front court he feared, but will we see any of them against the Serbs? It is the USA's to lose, if only because they don't play slowball.
    Last edited by faz44; 13-09-14 at 10:26 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to faz44 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Lithuania had a really bad night...i don't think usa is that far better...shall we see tomorrow in finals...of course usa has advantage in many aspects...but who know...
    welcome to the land of basketball

18. The Following User Says Thank You to djole2mcloud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Really looking forward to the new season

Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and LeBron will put the pressure on Cavaliers making something good out of their season.

Timberwolves have got an interesting team as well since obtaining the last two years first draft picks in Wiggins and Bennett as a trade for Love.

vCash
    I would say, it's hard to predict what will happen.

SAS, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards, Huston Rockets, LA Clippers, Cavs, GSW, Oklahoma (IF they replace the douche in "Big Perk" to proper Center ) and Chicago Bulls (with Derrick Rose finally (??!!) returning from injury for good). All those have potential to go for Finals...

vCash

So people say, if it's not football, it's sure to be boring . Nah, it isn't. In fact, football started to get boring for me.

vCash
    I think that for the first time in years, I think I might have NBA included in my TV package. FTW if so.

vCash
    dunno...i don't watch NBA anymore...from the era of Sacramento Kings with Divac,Webber,Stojakovic...now,it is not that interesting...there are no more legends like Miller,Shaq,Jordan,Pippen,Kukoc,Ewing,Starks,Hakee m,Robinson,Drexler,Kemp...now,it is lot more interesting to watch Euroleague

red star game at euroleague...sister of our player can't believe the fans... :-)

last match against Olympiakos(our brothers from Greece):

vCash
    European basketball :wretch: I think I'd rather watch handball.

vCash
    True that faz xD.

I have lost interest in NBA when Jordan retired, but since I started frequenting nba.com site, my spark reignited. Even without Magic, Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Shaq, etc. there are great players to watch and rising stars.

Derrick Rose is for me. Could watch this guy for hours, but since 2011 he had to fight with knee injuries. Lost 2 seasons, but this year... Seems like he will make a come back.

If you watch him play, you would have to take notice on how much explosive power this guys body holds. His injuries came from simple fact: his body can't cope with that power. Quite a predicament for him huh?

He also has the highest vertical jump of all PGs: 42" and he is from: CHICAGO.

However, since I couldn't watch him for past 2.5 season, I started to watch others... Like Kyrie Irving and CP3 (Chris Paul ).

Kyrie is the kid with nastiest handles and meanest crossovers IN NBA right now. Simply phenomenal, but he couldn't lead Cleavland to glory on his own, but now Cavs... Have serious team and quite a chance to go FTW.

Chris Paul and Ricky Rubio are the two you could watch for passing craftsmanship...

CP3 is one of the reasons LA Clippers are called "lob city"

Meet Mr. Best Passer.

Sadly, can't watch all matches here and only scratched on few PGs. Didn't mention Westbrook, Tony Parker, Damien Lillard etc.

There are so many good guys on other positions too... Davis, Griffin, Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, Greg Monroe as PF, DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Drummond, Noah, Bosh as C, James Harden, Bradley Beal, Kobe , Wiggins (yep, the drafted 19 yo kid), Oladipo as SG and BIG stars on SF positions including Paul George, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard (will be HUGE star one day), etc.

Seriously, there are so many players you can have fun watching and without animosity towards any team.

vCash
    As far as PGs go, Deron Williams is my pick.

vCash
    He would have been so much better if not for constant injuries I believe.

Forgot about one more... Stephen Curry. His shooting form is just sublime. His arm movement is work of art.

vCash
    I am so glad my work shift was at noon yesterday. As watched best game ever. 2 records broken that night too. Jrue Holiday had almost a perfect scoring game O_O.

Yep, the game was Pelicans vs Timberwolves.

1st Qtr record for team points scored broken. 43 points that qtr
    1st half ended in... Massive 80 points scored for Pelicans. Setting new franchise record .
    The final score was 91 to 139. Pelicans won by 48 points .

Talk about BIG win .

I do want OKC and Indiana to get back to how they were last season, but at the moment both teams are plagued by injuries.

vCash
    Kobe having an absolute mare last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Some great games yesterday, especially Lakers vs Rockets!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast