Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Europa League

vCash
    What was Bailly thinking? He (and Valencia almost!) sacrificed his spot in the final! The highlights didn't really show why he kicked off so much.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    United outplayed at home by a mid table team in a supposedly shite league. Not sure if this reflects worse on Mourinho or the Premier League. The way Mourinho sets up for big games certainly is interesting, almost as if he's afraid to lose rather than going out and playing for the win.
    I agree with you but it's the result that matters

I'd rather win the 2 trophies Man U will have this season than scraping to get into Top 4

vCash
    "His palms are sweaty, knees weak arms are heavy. He missed an open goal already, John Guidetti!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have other question, how many draws is that for United at Old Trafford this season? Must be A LOT.

vCash
    It didn't look too good but at least we went through to the final! It is about getting back to CL now, not to play possession football at any cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    I have other question, how many draws is that for United at Old Trafford this season? Must be A LOT.
    11. Fucking 11.

vCash
    that's a bummer.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Yup. Mou said it himself yesterday. We don't kill games when we can. We create chances, we just don't bury them. How many games this year have I seen us create chance after chance after chance and score 1..... it's not like our forwards have been starved of service.... it's just that apart from Zlatan, no seems to know how to actually put the ball in the net.....

vCash
    You could be in a position next season where Rashford is only striker as Zlatan and Rooney could be gone (for different reasons) and he doens't seem to want to play Martial up top

Am expecting Man U to through a wedge of money in the summer along with all the "Top 6" teams TBH

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Ya. We need a couple of strikers. Mou is annoyed that LvG sold Chicharito.... god knows we could have used him this year. I don't see any situation where we don't sign at least one, and maybe 2 strikers. No way will he let himself be in a position where he only has Rashford. Rooney probably off to China, Zlatan probably off to MLS

Martial doesn't try hard enough....he needs to work and work and work some more. Mou likes players that bust their asses in training and on the field... if you are lazy of lack commitment (a la Luke Shaw) then you probably won't last, regardless of talent. Martial does it sometimes, but not consistently.

vCash
    So tonight it is then!

I see United are favorites at the betting companies but I am definitely not so sure that we will win this. Have been seriously struggling all season but looking at the squads we should seal this now alright! If we win tonight I will brand the season as "something near ok" rather than "miserable".

vCash

UEFA Europa League

Will be an excellent season if you win!

Hell - I'd rather just have won the League Cup rather than come 4th and no cups
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 24-05-17 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    I thought literally no one cared about the league cup? And EL is a tourney for losers, for some while now though it has been our best opportunity to get to CL next season but this is not a level where Manchester United is supposed to be! League has been below the level for "ok".

vCash
    If they'd not won this convincingly Mourinho would have looked a right prat with his team selections in recent weeks. How good they currently are in anyone's guess with 15 draws of which they were completely dominant in 9 in. That's 18pts difference or a point better than Spurs. Yes it's all if's and but's but they should be at least another 10pts better off at a minimum.

What has league form to do with the Europa League? Well, there's 10 guys under 26 who've just won a European Competition (yes it is a major comp) and a few other senior guys that have won their first European title. Success has always bred success. Look at Sevilla this year after last years win. Improved in league by 20pts, last 16 of CL (probably be disappointed with that) and have made some great additions and changes to the squad to get CL football again next season. Now scale that up a little for United and they should be there or thereabouts next year. If they aren't Mourinho will need a slap There's a few things he needs to sort out of course over the summer but the core of a top squad is there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Deserved win in an awful game and ends up being a fine season for Utd

Ibra and De Gea carried you this season - need others to step up and some signings if both leave the club in the summer but the sheer size of squad should see Utd challenging on all fronts again next year

Won 10 eggs as well whilst falling asleep during the game - thankfully some SB chat with Felix come me awake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Martial doesn't try hard enough....he needs to work and work and work some more. Mou likes players that bust their asses in training and on the field... if you are lazy of lack commitment (a la Luke Shaw) then you probably won't last, regardless of talent. Martial does it sometimes, but not consistently.

I wish I could remember who the regular here was that was ripping on me for being a shit talker for believing that Martial extremely over hyped. I brought up Martial in the chatroom while watching Mbappe in the Champions League. My point was that it is ridiculous that all of these young nimble French attackers are being compared to Henry. I haven't watched Mbappe enough to know how ridiculous the comparisons are but I know without a shadow of a doubt that Martial is incredibly overrated.

vCash
    I thought United did what was needed and managed to turn a bad season into a good one. Ajax were a bit predictable but can't be too critical of a young team who tried to play.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Its a shame to see a Club like United Play this bad. Mourinho destroys Football.

vCash
    Playing bad and still winning... id take that!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Playing bad and still winning... id take that!
    +1

But yes - the quality of football on show is pretty poor on the eye!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    +1

But yes - the quality of football on show is pretty poor on the eye!
    Exactly what money has done to the game. Win at all costs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Exactly what money has done to the game. Win at all costs!
    Hm I thought you were in for more of attack approach. Seeing Man Utd barricade and defend with men behind ball really is like kick into teeth.

But let's leave that aside, let's leave the "you don't support/you're not true fan" stuff aside. I wrote this on Toppo Facebook. Sure, I might complain a lot, but think clearly after you read this.

Can't find the original post, but oh well, will try from my head again.

"I am happy that Man Utd won the competition they have never won in their history, I really am. However, I also do realise it was a priority at some point for Mourinho and players as they have clearly realised they won't be getting CL football next season otherwise. With having spend so much money under both Van Gaal and Mourinho it would be a disaster if not a total catastrophe.
    I know Man Utd are in rebuilding state and I am not really a glory hunter as I accepted Man Utd not winning title or Champions League in foreseeable future. That's just how life is, high and lows.
    Nevertheless is spending TONS of money always a good idea? Is buying only World Class players who come in not to play, but earn big bucks a good idea? If you look at AS Monaco they did that before, but their chairman said enough. That's not a way to progress further. We need to develop youth players and bring in cheaper, less known players with quality and maybe, reap the dividends later. Did it pay off? I would say yes it did. They won Ligue 1 and reached CL semis which wasn't seen in Monaco for how many years now? They brought in talented scouts too to search the globe for talent and coach who can put their players to best use.
    Can Mourinho and most important: can Man Utd owners do it? For me, no, they cannot, but I will admit defeat if they prove me wrong.

I would say it was ok season, but considering spent money it should have been a minimum expectation to reach CL through league position. Finishing below Arsenal in the league is fun I would say (and 6 points less).
    I do also see one way to turn this shit around dramatically and easily. Look at performances at Old Trafford. Turn those draws into wins... You can be sure something is fucked up if teams coming to OT play for win or draw from the get go and usually come away with it! Man Utd created enough chances, but failed to convert them. Improve accuracy. Zlatan cannot be the only option MUN has in attack and who can actually put ball into back of net . Is Antoine going to be an answer? Doubtful. MUN team was crippled with injuries again this season and something is very off here. Maybe someone takes a look at the medical side?
    Hate me all you want, I am just a bloke from Poland without rose tinted glasses. I try to be a realist most of the time and not negative."

vCash
    Man Utd have had an excellent season.

Would you rather have finished 2nd like us? playing brilliant football but finishing the season with nothing to show for it?

Spurs fans would absolutely love to have won 3 trophies i can assure you.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Who would have liked finishing season without a trophy? Probably no-one. The thing is concentrating on all fronts might lead nowhere with short bench and injuries.

This is why clever management is sometimes needed. Throwing away some cups to go for league/CL is not uncommon I believe. Calculating is part of sport (though I admit I did learn a lot about it from NBA).

I would say you had amazing season yourself. Finishing 2nd and were in position you could have overtaken Chelsea. I think it's manageable next season. Spurs are one of the more fun teams to watch in PL nowadays, just like Pool (though their performances vary a lot from great to terrible ).

Chelsea might have a lot of probs next season when they have to play on ALL fronts. Lets see how this goes ^_^ (I do admit however, that Conte is really great coach).

Cheer up, nothing is lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Hm I thought you were in for more of attack approach. Seeing Man Utd barricade and defend with men behind ball really is like kick into teeth.
    Where did I say I didn't want an attacking approach....