Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American Football

vCash
    Some interesting picks in this years' draft. Was quietly pleased with the additions the Titans made, but felt they could have got QB Aaron Murray in the 4th when they had the chance, not too sure on QB Zach Mettenberger but as a 6th round pick I can't complain especially when he was tipped to go in the 2nd on most mock drafts..

vCash
    Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has signed a bumper new contract at the San Francisco 49ers - worth a mammoth 75million.

The six-year deal, which will see him stay at the 49ers until 2020, has rocketed him among the top earners in the NFL and will see him earn 12.5m annually.

Amazingly, the 26-year-old was due to make only 600,000 this season before this deal increased his wages 125-fold.

NICE!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    no one stands a chance this season against the Packers if they stay healthy....i think about 1/2 the team was injured last season including Rodgers..still one the division

don't believe me? watch the 1st game of the NFL season this year...I'd say the Seahawks IN Seattle are a pretty good way to measure your abilities.

Rodgers isn't going to look like a lost kid out there like Peyton did in the Super Bowl

he also has a few more toys to play around with this season..Packers drafted a few good Wide Receivers(not that he needs more)

Eddie Lacy is a BEAST

Clay Matthews is finally getting some help...Julius Peppers has been chomping at the bit throughout his entire NFL career to line up as a Linebacker

I'm not predicting Super Bowl victory quite yet..too early for that

but does anyone remember what happened last time they stayed as healthy as the AVERAGE NFL TEAM?

they went 15-1 with one of the worst defenses in the NFL and NO RUNNING BACK LOL You may see the most complete offense of all time this season

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trust_in_Klopp For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I wouldn't say "nobody is going to stand a chance" I think you made some great acquisitions in the off season (Pepper). However, I still put you 4th/5th behind Seattle, Denver, 49ers (and maybe Pats).

Yes the Seahawks lost this offseason, but they pretty much walked it last year, bu they did improve their offense I still think they're the strongest out there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Packers were 1 inch away from blocking a field goal in the playoffs to send game into overtime against the 49ers

that was without Clay Mathews...1/2 of the Defensive Line, 1/2 of the Offensive Line, & Eddie Lacy played with an injured ankle the last month of the season.

It was quite the miracle we were able to even make it o the playoffs.

I think drafting a Strong Safety will have just as big of an impact as Peppers.

Do you honestly believe there is a team that can outscore the Packers if everyone is healthy? (doesn't need to be everyone...just can't have 1/2 the team injured)

Rodgers is the most efficient QB in the HISTORY OF THE NFL...he know has a Running Back that can wear down a defense.

NOBODY can tackle Eddie Lacy.

I think about 1/4 of the carries he had were plays that were blown dead by the refs BEFORE HE WAS TACKLED....usually there were about 6 guys surrounding him....Eddie still on his feet, but the play does not go on haha
    Last edited by Trust_in_Klopp; 12-06-14 at 07:29 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trust_in_Klopp For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I hate the NFL

that being said.... Go Bucs

I decided years ago that I should at least claim to cheer for a team so I picked the worst NFL team I could find.... that was in 1986 I think..... and the Bucs were coming off their second consecutive 2 win season so I've been a Bucs fan ever since

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Delgihted with Kapernick signing a new contract. Hoping 49ers are gonna win it this year.

Packers' defense isn't good enough. Seattle has shown how to annihilate a great offense. To quote the age-old proverb: "Offense wins games, defense wins championships."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    Delgihted with Kapernick signing a new contract. Hoping 49ers are gonna win it this year.

Packers' defense isn't good enough. Seattle has shown how to annihilate a great offense. To quote the age-old proverb: "Offense wins games, defense wins championships."

the Packers went 15-1 with the worst defense in the NFL so don't give me that shit.

the reason they couldn't beat the 49ers when Rodgers returned from injury was because it wasn't just the defense that was injured (it was the OFFENSIVE LINE)

Seattle has their chance to 'annihilate' the best offense in the NFL in the season opener WEEK 1

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trust_in_Klopp For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You are aware that the NFL trophy isn't won in the season opener but in the Super Bowl, yeah?

Ehm, you quote this 15-1 season conveniently forgetting to mention that you couldn't win a postseason game that season and got smashed at home by Eli and co.

Should serve you as somewhat of an indicator what your regular season record or a potential win in the season opener is worth.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    You are aware that the NFL trophy isn't won in the season opener but in the Super Bowl, yeah?

Ehm, you quote this 15-1 season conveniently forgetting to mention that you couldn't win a postseason game that season and got smashed at home by Eli and co.
    yes, I do...that is why I said they need to stay healthy...just mentioning the Seahawks because everyone thinks they are UNBEATABLE in Seattle...we will see, right?

that Giants game was an anomaly for the Green Bay Offense.

the Packer WR's had like 8 drops that game

I think James Jones had as many drops that game as he did the entire following season(a season where he would lead the NFL in TD's despite a low number of targets)

Like everyone else here in Wisconsin I do realize the defense needs to get better...they've got the pieces to improve a lot

The most efficient QB of All Time + a Running Back with more Yards After Contact than anyone in the NFL + Jordy Nelson + Randall Cobb + all of the other young talent at WR = BIG TROUBLE FOR THE REST OF THE NFL

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trust_in_Klopp For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_In_Klinsmann View Post

Seattle has their chance to 'annihilate' the best offense in the NFL in the season opener WEEK 1
    Tori Black is a Seahawks fan so I'm going to have to cheer for them

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Actually had to google who that is. Her resume is quite impressive starring in productions such as "Masturbation Nation 11" and "Deepthroat This 46."

And who could forget her performance in "Anal Buffet 5." Legendary...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    She's no doubt up for an Academy Award soon.... she's got quite the impressive resume

I remember that the official Seahawks account re-tweeted her picture just before the Super Bowl and people gave them shit...

vCash
    The Tennessee Titans announced Tuesday that second-round running back Bishop Sankey has signed his rookie contract.

With Chris Johnson out of the picture, there's no question Sankey will get the opportunity for an instant impact.

The first running back drafted last month, Sankey backed up a highly productive career at Washington by excelling in the short shuttle (four seconds flat), the three-cone (6.75 seconds) and the 40-yard dash (4.49) at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine.

MASSIVELY excited to see this guy in action next season, my tip for Offensive Rookie of the Year!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The US Patent and Trademark Office has cancelled the Washington Redskins trademarks, finding the football team's name disparages Native Americans.

The case was filed on behalf of five Native Americans who argued the trademarked team name was offensive.

Members of the US Congress and many in the US sport media have called for the team's name to be changed.

But owner Daniel Snyder has refused, saying it honours Native Americans. The team says it will appeal.

"We've seen this story before," said the team's lawyer Bob Raskopf.

"And just like last time, today's ruling will have no effect at all on the team's ownership of and right to use the Redskins name and logo. We are confident we will prevail once again."

vCash
    Great pre season win for the Tennessee Titans over Green Bay Packers, Bishop Sankey looks something special!

vCash
    Looks like the end for Jake Locker at Tennessee, the rookie Zach Mettenberger been told he starts on Sunday.

vCash
    I've always liked NFL, but recently I have actually fallen in love with it, I can't get enough of it. Watching games and NFL Redzone (what a great show!!!!!), chatting about it at work where a few other comrades love it, playing Madden on PS4, it's all about NFL!!!

I've supported the Jets the last few years, but they have a dog killer playing for them so I've reverted back to my original team, Dallas Cowboys. Dad bought me back a jersey from the states in the 80s, wore it to death back then. Been 20 0dd years since they've won, will be good to see them go all the way this season !!!!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Surprised to see the Steelers go down so meekly today. Thought when they came back to 20-15 down, they'd get home. instead they fell in a heap.

Can't wait for the Cowboys game tomorrow!!!!!! 4/4 in December, now it's time to step up in the playoffs. Cannot see them losing against the Lions, they have a lot of weapons but Romo and the offensive line are dominating at the moment, Cowboys by 10!!!!!

vCash
    Good line-up for the divisional games:

Ravens v Patriots
    Cowboys v Packers
    Panthers v Seahawks
    Colts v Broncos

I'm going for a Patriots, Packers, PANTHERS!, Broncos win.

Feeling controversial with my Panthers pick.

Also in regards to the 2015 draft, gutted Titans only got 2nd pick, we NEEDED Mariota who will no doubt go to the Bucs.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Panthers won't get within 14 points of Seattle Mr Bevan.

And I can see the Cowboys beating the Packers, maybe that's bias talking, but they'll improve after yesterday's performance.

Broncos to towel up the Colts, Patriots to beat their bogey team.

Mariota looks the goods .

vCash
    Watched the Ravens Vs Patriots last night. After being 28-14 the Ravens will have felt they threw the game away but the Patriots and of course Brady were awesome in the 3rd and 4th.

Missed the game but nice to see the Packers win. Just about to switch on Colts Vs. Broncos, should be interesting

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Colts played very well today.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Anyone watching Packers v Seahawks? Unbelievable game.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep - bonkers! My mate is a Patriots fan so I'm now watching this game!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast