Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: American Football

vCash

vCash
    Who we calling for the Playoff places then?

vCash
    The Saints since I've backed Drew Brees to win the Super Bowl @ 175/1 (also backed the Bucs, Eagles and Broncos)

vCash
    Packers Vs Cowboys, what a game.

Patriots Vs. Steelers & Packers Vs. Falcons

I'd like to see the Falcons win it. Only 1 Conference win and no Super Bowl's. Plus the Ryan/Jones combo is as good if not the best in the league. Their Offence coach being all but unveiled as new 49er's head coach has shit timing though.

What a star studded line up of quarterbacks. Bar Drew Brees absence, it's 3 of the 4 best in the league. In saying that I don't know which if he'd replace though.

vCash
    Should be some interesting games.

I'm going for Brady and Rodgers. I do like Big Ben though.

vCash
    Falcons offense After Rankowski fumbled early in the first it was game over. Shanahan had a brand new play on every single play in the first half, impressive stuff

Just reading up on Steelers and Patriots. LeVonn Bell injured early in the first quarter, game lost for the Steelers right there

vCash
    Watched the Patriots game - Steelers never really in it. A few key turnovers/fumbles didn't help but Pats looked good all the way

vCash
    #RiseUp

vCash
    #RiseUpAndCompletelyBottleIt

vCash
    Kyle Shanahan named 49ers head coach

Now they just need to go and get Kirk Cousins. Mitch Trubisky is too much of a maybe but if Cousins can't be got he's still better than both current options. If Cousins does sign, Myles Garrett be ideal.

vCash
    The Raiders are moving from Oakland to Las Vegas. They'll have the best attendance by away fans I'd imagine

So in the last 3 years

Rams - St.Louis > LA
    Chargers - San Diego > LA
    Raiders - Oakland > Las Vegas

In fairness to both the Chargers and Raiders, neither really wanted to move but neither city wanted to retain them either.

Vegas have gone from no premier franchises to 2 in 2 years (albeit Raiders don't move until 2019 season) after getting Las Vegas Golden Knights expansion team last year.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Do the Titans have a chance this time?

Jeff Jarrett talks up their QB as the next big up and comer

vCash
    Depends on how well they draft. A lot of the middle to lower teams have been giving up their draft picks for fringe players from better teams in an effort to make short term gains. All it's really doing is strengthening the upper end teams.

Marcus Mariota has the makings of a franchise QB in the mould of Brady, Roethlisberger and Brees. Him, Carston Wentz (Eagles) and Jameis Watson (Buccaneers) are 3 top young QB's who you'd imagine will fill the void when the likes of the other 3 retire (all 37+). Dak Prescott of the Cowboys another exciting talent but you'd wonder how much A) the team around is helping and B) having Ezekiel Elliot as his targetman helps him. The second part could be said of most QB's though (Ryan/Jones at Falcons) since Russell Wilson has been seemingly half the QB since Marshawn Lynch retired. Prescott and the current Cowboys team certainly suit each other. The others are just shining even in weak teams which you'd imagine would be a better gauge. It's unlike football where shining in a weak team just proves you've talent. If a QB is good behind a bad O-Line he's a good quarter back, no matter the quality of the rest of team, age etc.

As for having chance. Outside the top 6 in the betting (Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, Steelers, Cowboys and Falcons) I'd say only the Texans (if they can get Romo could be 2nd favs) and the Dolphins (depends on Tannehills recovery) have a realistic chance. I would have said the Raiders but this year will be a distraction. Could be a great bet for last year in Oakland. Carr's recovery is important. He's one of 3-4 QB's that are just below the very best.

He'll not move this late in his career but I'd love to see Brees lead the Texans as opposed to Romo. Honestly think the Patriots would have been even more successful with him as QB1 under Belicheck than Brady (not that it was ever a move). Just from a talent perspective. Brady and Belicheck are total sociopath's in their desire for success which is why they've done so well together. Brees career passing yards are insane given he's really only led 2 decent Saints teams.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 31-03-17 at 03:49 PM.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    I don't really follow NFL, but the Bucs are my team.... and my football obsessed friend keeps saying they've made good moves this off-season and have a half decent chance next year.... so we'll see

vCash
    Tony Romo has retired, that puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Patriots to use Jimmy Garrofolo as leverage to get JJ Watt? Probably unlikely since Garrofolo is ranked in top 12 NFL QB's and will takeover from Brady when he does pack it in.

Must find out what draft pick the Browns traded for Osweiller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I don't really follow NFL, but the Bucs are my team.... and my football obsessed friend keeps saying they've made good moves this off-season and have a half decent chance next year.... so we'll see
    Jameis Watson

DRAFT DAY (s)

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Jameis Watson

DRAFT DAY (s)
    Jameis Winston