Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football

316'sRegen Unattached

American Football

General chat for all things gridiron:

Who do you follow in the NFL if anyone?

Do you love or hate the game? It does seem to be a Marmite situation with America's game.

vCash
    As most of you know I'm a big big bigt Tennessee Titans fan, it looks like my favourite player Cortland Finnegan is going to be a free agent

But the discussion of the moment is, where the hell is Peyton Manning going to end up?

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Doesn't matter where he ends up.... he's 35 and injury prone.... and was due a $28 million bonus had he stayed on the Colts payroll for another day....

316'sRegen Unattached
    Miami looks likely. That's where Americans go to retire anyway.
    That was a pretty scummy move they did on him binning him off after his years of service and providing success for them.

vCash
    who cares about peyton? eli all the way

316'sRegen Unattached

i bet Eli wears his two rings when they have a family function

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_3_16 View Post
    Miami looks likely. That's where Americans go to retire anyway.
    That was a pretty scummy move they did on him binning him off after his years of service and providing success for them.
    I disagree.... he knew it was coming... no way the Colts were going to pay him $28 million, especially when they finished last and can pick up a new star QB in the draft

vCash
    Peyton will still be a threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I disagree.... he knew it was coming... no way the Colts were going to pay him $28 million, especially when they finished last and can pick up a new star QB in the draft
    Nailed on for Andrew Luck.

vCash
    Well it looks like Cliff Avril will be leaving my team the Detroit Lions. Gutted about this as he was decent. Cannot wait for the season to start.

vCash
    I am gonna try and get into nfl this season. Just got no clue about it.

vCash
    I have been watching a fair few years now and its amazing. I think once you find a team and you form a bond with them its brilliant.

vCash
    I agree. I never cared about nba much but then lived with a canadian guy who was a big basketball-fan and he got me taking part into yahoo fantasy basketball, started watching a few games etc. and i really got into it. 3 years down the track and i am as big a fan as ever.

I watched almost a game a night this season and last. had the nba league pass for the last 2 years. cost me 160 dollars this year or so but was well worth it. reading basketball talk every day.
    love the boston celtics. rondo & garnett ftw. even got my gf into it and she is a massive celtics fan too now.

i already checked and they got the nfl league pass too. contemplating getting it but its gonna be well expensive since i am deffo gonna get nba again a month later. watched 2 nfl games in my entire life. one was last seasons superbowl and one was the superbowl 3 or 4 years ago. twice the giants won. i must be eli's lucky charm

but yeah, i don't have a fav team yet. i like the giants but its too easy making the reigning champion my fav team

vCash
    Green Bay Packers - only non-profit, community team in the NFL (even though non-profit is a bit false)

vCash
    wow. that non-profit thing is pretty cool. not sure though since i dont quite see the appeal in wearing a cheesehead

i remember reading a while ago that lil wayne is a massive green bay supporter. not sure if that is good or bad

vCash
    Green Bay are a good team bit of a storied franchise that have come good in recent years. But they are nicknamed the cheeseheads.

vCash
    alrighty, checked then nfl website again and there is no way i am getting this league pass. they are fucking nuts.
    nba costs me around 150-160 euros and i get every game live, playoffs and finals live plus, all games archived and on-demand, can pause rewind, highlight etc. etc. plus there are games on literally every night.

fecking nfl wants way more and there are 14 games on the same day, similar to friday - sunday football in germany.

vCash
    I bought the game pass it is well worth it mate. What is the coverage like in Germany for it?

vCash
    mate, i agree with ya. those game passes are brilliant. nba (and i guess nfl too) gives me 3000 kbs streaming. its like watching tv, you dont see a difference and pixel like you do in illegal streams. you can watch a game the next morning, can pause whenever you want to, its really good service.

its just that the price is way too steep for the number of games you can realistically watch. there is one on friday, one on sunday and the rest on saturday. so max is maybe 4 a week, realistic is maybe 2. way too expensive for me personally. there is no use in watching the regular season and then not having the play-offs. which means you'd have to take the first package which would be 60 euro a month for me. considering i then would pay 30 a month or so for nba, i'd have 3 months or so where i spent almost 100 euro on fecking live tv. i also have sky so i can watch live bundesliga etc. and thats another 30 euros a month. so around 120 or 130 euro or month for freaking live sports is ridiculous.

it'd be better if you can pay it over 6 months or so. their 60 euro a month is nuts.

there is no coverage at all barring the superbowl. not even highlights of reg games or playoff games or so.

vCash
    Nightmare, it is expensive but like you said its good.

You can buy access to NFL access for about 5 quid a month a think it is and you get repeat of the games throughout the week and live score update service whilst they are on.

vCash
    Team selector is pretty decent if you are hardcore enough to follow one team all season

vCash
    I like to watch all the games even when team is not playing though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ashton430 View Post
    Nightmare, it is expensive but like you said its good.

You can buy access to NFL access for about 5 quid a month a think it is and you get repeat of the games throughout the week and live score update service whilst they are on.
    do you get it any cheaper since you had it last year too? i got a 20% discount on nba last season but only if i had bought it straight up which i didnt do since i went for the payment plan.

team selector might be an option if you have a fav team but i dont yet
    and even then, some of your teams games will be on at 3am or so so its unlikely you watch all of them. and its always nice watching some big games too. it'd be like having a united pass, you still dont wanna miss city - liverpool or chelsea - arsenal etc.

vCash
    just realizing it now. 60 euros a month times 4 months is not 214.99€. so its a fair bit more expensive when you go for the payment plan. those feckers

vCash
    I bought it out right with no payment plan, didnt give me a discount tho

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11