Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay

vCash

eBay

Dear all,

In an effort to combat those who have been downloading our free resources at www.champman0102.co.uk and selling them on for their own personal financial gain, we have created an official eBay account (champman0102-co-uk) to create listings for just 1p in order to make the buyer aware of our website. As I'm sure you are aware, we had agreed with Eidos in 2009 to provide the game as a legal download but ONLY through this website.

Following the creation of this account, Redknapp69 has kindly volunteered to take over and ensure that we always have listings available on eBay to purchase. These listings will indicate that we will provide the buyer with a copy of the game along with the very latest data update provided by our CM 01/02 Update Team, the latest patcher provided by Tapani and the latest backgrounds pack provided by milo.

Once a listing is bought, we will contact the buyer to give them the option of digitally downloading the game, update, patch and background pack or to have them all copied to a disc and sent to them directly in the post. In doing so, we will also make the buyer aware of the existence of www.champman0102.co.uk where we will advise them to register an account in order to be informed of future releases. At the same time, in creating an account here, we will give them a one month subscription as a VIP.

While we do this, we will hopefully undercut those who have been making a staggering amount of money from the hard work that our teams here in the community have put into their downloads. Unfortunately, there will always be some out there who despite contact from us, will continue to create listings on eBay and pass the updates and patches off as their own work. All we ask here is that if you do come across such individuals, please share their listings here with us and we will contact them directly and also report them to both Eidos and eBay for infringing with copyright procedures.

Cheers
    Mark
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Excellent news, really hope this puts paid to those annoyances!

vCash
    Wow, can't believe members of this forum would do such a thing! dick heads! wish there was a way of smoking them out!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eddieC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've thought long and hard about smoking out the offenders (by time stamping the DLs or something), but then realised there's little point. Even if you somehow worked out which forum member it was, then what do you do? Ban them? Then they just re-register with another username and DL it again. I would be stunned if whoever's doing this is anything other than a downloader. There's no way it's someone who is in any way involved with the community here. Therefore their own account/username will have little value to them.

What Redders and Mark are doing is a much better, and less aggressive, way to deal with the situation. Hopefully the eBay scummers just stop making money from all the hard work that our update team puts in, and all the people who just want to enjoy the game with the latest updates can continue to do so via our wonderful forum and community here (and some may choose to get more involved too)!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I will bet any kind of money, the guys who put updates on sale on eBay will still be doing this shit.

Plus one more thing they will start to do is something we did before. They will report such auctions themselves too . Lets see if this "official" account gets flagged .

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    I will bet any kind of money, the guys who put updates on sale on eBay will still be doing this shit.

Plus one more thing they will start to do is something we did before. They will report such auctions themselves too . Lets see if this "official" account gets flagged .

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Where there is same product sold, but for lower price (or no price for that matter), you know rivals will try to hack you down in any way possible.

Guess that's the business law... Shameless, but what can you do?

EIDOS was the only company to make this ruse stop on eBay, but they haven't really lifted a finger, even if the guys sold their game on CDs with Update applied. Bummer.

I respect the initiative from this site, but it won't solve anything or make them stop doing what they are doing is what I am saying.

And nope I am not negative. Maybe it's different because we live in different cultures and have different ethics view.

vCash
    Way to go, info0. Always a shining ray of light for our site.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Even if people continue to try and flog the hard work of others, they will struggle to make anything near as much as they had before when we are undercutting them to the smallest amount payable. The key is to keep this initiative up and not let them get their legs under the table again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The pricks will make fuck all money if they try to undercut us, that's the point info0

Quote Originally Posted by An eejit
    They will report such auctions themselves too
    They're gonna report an auction that is perfectly legit and legal while they themselves try to peddle off the exact same thing but without any permission? Yeah, good luck with that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another positive to come out of this is that we will be re-directing people to this site and potentially to the community

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Info - there is now NOBODY selling the CM 01/02 update on ebay apart from "our" listing

Not bad for 1 days work between Mark and myself (Mark did the bulk of the work sending "persuasive" messages to take existing listings down)

We have already had 7 "sales" in 24 hours - the good things would be if they joined here as part of community but I think that part will be harder

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    15 "orders" in 4 days

Would be nice if we get some of them signed up and contributing on the site tho

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Let's hope they do when they receive the covering letter from us. After all, we've made it clear that they no longer need to buy updates and will be informed of future releases if they sign up here.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    Where there is same product sold, but for lower price (or no price for that matter), you know rivals will try to hack you down in any way possible.

Guess that's the business law... Shameless, but what can you do?

EIDOS was the only company to make this ruse stop on eBay, but they haven't really lifted a finger, even if the guys sold their game on CDs with Update applied. Bummer.

I respect the initiative from this site, but it won't solve anything or make them stop doing what they are doing is what I am saying.

And nope I am not negative. Maybe it's different because we live in different cultures and have different ethics view.
    Positively negative!

vCash
    I have just bought one off eBay from a guy called Makala Midgley (that's what what PayPal said) for 1

vCash
    Then it won't be the official one, Kevin. Any idea what the eBay account is so that we can contact the guy?
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Just a note to the community here that our eBay account is still going strong

In fact, we are making sales on such a regular basis that I am having to re-stock on CDs, CD wallets and pre-paid envelopes every 3/4 weeks.

We have recently reached a landmark 200 in feedback left by buyers although after checking, we have now sold 454 in total!

Sadly, we did get 1 negative feedback from a buyer who couldn't get the game to load on his computer and wouldn't give us any further details to help with technical support.

The 3 neutral feedback was for various reasons:

1) Another buyer who couldn't get the game to work and got the 'system memory' error. They then didn't follow through on the tutorials that we provided.
    2) One buyer bought a copy but it wasn't what he'd expected.
    3) Another buyer who said it was a good item but poor communication from ourselves. I believe this was impatience on their part given that we'd run out of discs and were waiting on the next batch to arrive.

Many thanks to Redknapp69 for his help so far with this

The Alphabet Game #3

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff guys, this is really helping bring new members to the site and helping secure the value of the update team's great work.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Good work guys

Social Media Team
    vCash
    454 copies sold already? Fantastic effort!

vCash
    Aye - going great guns - Mark is picking and packing like a trooper

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done lads!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    I just had a quick eBay search and it seems this initiative has really killed off the scum who were selling the updates.

Our listing is the first result and is also the cheapest. Amazing work, it really is.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ebay sellers selling cm with updates which i found for you to look into:
    awil4882
    dea.ambr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast