Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Player restrictions (non-EU / foreigners)

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash

Foreigner's Rule In England

Today I had an idea. After reading some comments on a BBC Sport article about the Premier League being owned by foreigners, and the teams mostly being full of foreign players which ultimately is hindering the development of English talent and therefore the England team, I decided that I wanted to impose a strict foreigner rule in England.

Does anyone know how I would go about this?

I want to make it so that anyone who does not have English as their first or second nationality is classed as a foreigner.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    take England out of the EU?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    take England out of the EU?
    Can you instruct me how? That'd be awesome.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    open up the editor, find England under nations, go to tab 2, where is says group membership select n0n-EU/EEA

I think that should work

Social Media Team
    vCash
    open up the editor, find England under nations, go to tab 2, where is says group membership select n0n-EU/EEA

I think that should work
    As simple as that.. Hm..

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    maybe as simple as that..... I haven't tried it, just making an educated guess

vCash
    You'd need to change the work permit rules to if you want no foreigners. This might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxES3HEd_fM - can't remember if it works on England.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    maybe as simple as that..... I haven't tried it, just making an educated guess
    Changing England to a Non-EU Country doesn't work, it doesn't make non-English players show as FGN.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLocke View Post
    You'd need to change the work permit rules to if you want no foreigners. This might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxES3HEd_fM - can't remember if it works on England.
    Do you have a starting point for me? In Croatia you can only have a maximum of 4 foreign players in the match day squad - that's the kind of thing I'm after.

vCash
    00579C63 |. C642 05 03 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EDX+5],3

From memory, 3 is the number of foreign players allow in the match squad, the +5 control the type of restriction. Video should explain in more detail.

In Poland you can restrict this at club level too, offsets are:
    007CD93A |. B0 05 MOV AL,5
    007CD93C |. 8846 13 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+13],AL
    007CD93F |. 8846 14 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+14],AL

Don't know how to do the same for England though.

vCash
    Is it possible to change the Turkish Premier Division Foreigner Rule in: 5 foreigners on the pitch 3 on the bench and 1 outside the matchsquad. e.g. 5+3+1?

Social Media Team
    vCash
    00579C63 |. C642 05 03 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[EDX+5],3

From memory, 3 is the number of foreign players allow in the match squad, the +5 control the type of restriction. Video should explain in more detail.

In Poland you can restrict this at club level too, offsets are:
    007CD93A |. B0 05 MOV AL,5
    007CD93C |. 8846 13 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+13],AL
    007CD93F |. 8846 14 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+14],AL

Don't know how to do the same for England though.
    In the video it says... adding "1" changes the restriction to "No Restrictions", "0" changes the restriction to "all foreign players count towards the limit (with a few exceptions e.g. UK players in England don't count") and "5" changes the restriction to "Only non-EU players count towards the limit". From that information I guess changing it to 0 might work? Am I right in assuming that using the Restrictions Editor from Flex changes the above offset you provided?

vCash
    It does. That sounds right too: EDX+0,0 should do it. Not sure if the AI is clever enough to not buy foreign players even though they can't actually play.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    It does. That sounds right too: EDX+0,0 should do it. Not sure if the AI is clever enough to not buy foreign players even though they can't actually play.
    I'm hoping that they are clever enough.. I'll run some seasons and see how it pans out. I think I'm going to increase the number of foreign players allowed in the match squad from 3 to 5 though, maybe that will prevent the AI from collapsing on itself.

UPDATE: So.. I used the Restrictions Editor from Flex and changed the value to 0. As a result all players outside of the United Kingdom now show as foreign which is pretty much what I wanted. But I would like to know the workings behind it, what offsets changed? Flex is your tool isn't it JL? Maybe you could shed some light on the situation.
    Last edited by Jesus; 09-09-14 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahan View Post
    Is it possible to change the Turkish Premier Division Foreigner Rule in: 5 foreigners on the pitch 3 on the bench and 1 outside the matchsquad. e.g. 5+3+1?
    No.

vCash
    Would not just be a case of making all EU countries non-EU? Then everyone requires Work Permit's and is classed as Foreigner.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeah, that works. Just changed Belgium to Non-EU in the Editor

Kompany, Boyata, Bossaerts all foreigners now.

Still subject to work permit rules though.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Would not just be a case of making all EU countries non-EU? Then everyone requires Work Permit's and is classed as Foreigner.
    Ya that's right.... I had it backwards

Social Media Team
    vCash
    So I changed the offset posted above by JL (many thanks) which makes every player other than a player from the United Kingdom (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland) classed as a foreigner. It's pretty much what I was after to be fair, so thank you. My next step would be to disable the home nations other than England to be classed as foreign, any ideas?

EDIT:

vCash
    You could try removing Scotland etc from the UK or Britain region (whatever it's called) in the editor. Not sure if that will do it.

vCash
    First season test run..

Top 10

Man City
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Southampton
    Spurs
    Chelsea
    Villa
    Newcastle

Transfers of Note:

Man City Bought 2 foreigners - Vidal and Sigurdsson
    Arsenal Bought Eto'o, Skrtel both foreigners but supplemented those with Gareth Barry, Victor Moses and Jagielka
    Everton Bought Kaboul, Lacina Traore, Ignacio Scocco with Routledge, Bertrand and Ben Amos as non foreign
    Liverpool bought Arteta, Michu and Vermaelen and Rickie Lambert as non foreign

Chelsea bought 3 foreigners, Utd bought 1, Spurs Bought 4 players all with UK nationality, Southampton bought 8 players - 5 british and 3 foreigners.

Not much change with regards to league positions City (85 pts) and Arsenal (83 pts) fought it out for the title with it coming down to final game of season.. Everton (71) and Liverpool (70) were behind them and Utd (69)

Liverpool won league cup 2-0 against Stoke, While Crystal Palace beat Stoke on pens in FA Cup.

Adam Lallana was the top rated player in league and also English with a rating of 8.06 from 32 games with 17 goals and 11 assists.
    Lukaku top scorer with 26 goals, Rooney next best with 25 goals and Adebayor/lambert both on 22 goals.

Lots of unhappy players in league.. Quite a lot that would usually play as many games as possible had the restrictions not been in place.. Stars like Yaya Toure - 7 league games, Zabaleta 8 league games, Mertesacker 7 league games, Petr Cech ZERO league games (Every European game) - Jamal Blackman played all 38 league games will be interesting to see what happens when courtois returns, Fellaini 8 league games, Januzaj 7 league games, Lloris played 0 games Friedel was ever present..

Overall quite satisfying seeing the non foreign players getting games.. In europe its a different ball game with all foreigners being able to play although english teams only got as far as Quarter finals where they got mauled by their respective opponents - Juve smashed chelsea 5-0 and PSG despite being down 3-1 from first leg then put 4 past arsenal in return leg.. Man Utd never got out of 2nd group stage finishing bottom as well as Man City finishing 3rd in their group!

Wigan got furthest in UEFA cup reaching the quarter finals before losing 4-1 to benfica on aggregate..

Will run a few more seasons tomorrow, Wont be able to run overnight as keep getting a minor error which I can click past no problem.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm pretty sure there's some way of making it such that foreign players with a single nationality qualify for English citizenship.

vCash
    Season 2

Transfers of note..

Southampton bought 5 players - 4 english and 1 foreigner Haris Vukic
    Everton bought 5 players but only 1 englishman, They re-signed Jack Rodwell even though he had been an ever present at Man City the season before they got him at a bargain 2.7m
    Liverpool bought 3 players all foreign
    Chelsea bought 2 players - Defoe and a foreigner
    Man City bought 9 players - 4 englishmen and 5 more foreigners
    Newcastle bought 13 players of which only 2 were foreign
    Villa bought 11 players 5 englishmen amongst the recruits

Chelsea Sold quite a few of their foreigners during the summer - Azpilicueta, Lukaku, luiz, willian, marin, torres, mikel, thorgan hazard, piazon, van ginkel amongst those who were moved on. And managed to rotated their squad better. They fired Mourinho after a diabolical start and hired Brendan Rodgers, whilst Liverpool replaced Rodgers with Steve Bruce.. Utd have struggled in both seasons so far getting rid of players such as nani, anderson, buttner, fletcher, kagawa, lindegaard, van persie, hernandez, fellaini and surprisingly sold wayne rooney even though they were struggling for goals.

So two seasons in and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in positions in the league.. The usual power houses of the premier league are still challenging for titles, except man utd who are shit.. In europe Everton made the Quarter finals of the CL which was quite surprising given that they had PSG, Juve and Sporting in their 2nd round of groups. In the UEFA cup it was an all English final with Chelsea playing Man Utd. Utd won 2-0 with both goals from a foreigner Angelo Henriquez!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-TOPPO For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Trying to get the perfect patch but it just won't work. Looking at England alone, if you take England out of the EU, it turns English players into foreigners and often makes them Work Permit Invalid. If you keep England in the EU, EU players don't need a work permit. If you start taking countries out of the EU, it makes them foreigners in their own country. Is there something else in the EXE that makes a league an EU league? In my view, that is what needs to be turned off and when used in conjunction with the foreigner restriction and the data, you'd get the perfect patch.

vCash
    Copying the foreigner rules from Brazil into the English foreigner rules might be the ideal solution. There you are only allowed 2 players in the whole squad so after 2, you can't buy any more. This would be the key as it would force the AI to buy English only players. (unless of course they decide greyed out players are fine )

That would bring a few more 'problems' due to way the AI buys players. The top clubs will want top players to fill out their squads and replace like for like but there aren't that many top English there to fill the void. I guess it's a slightly romantic notion thinking the AI would start buying all the top Championship English players but until the top clubs reps diminish by 4 or 5 points I don't see that happening. 5 seasons in a things would be nicely balanced out though I'd imagine.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    You could try removing Scotland etc from the UK or Britain region (whatever it's called) in the editor. Not sure if that will do it.
    I tried this and moved Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales to Northern Europe/Central Europe but it didn't provide the results I was after - they still count as non-foreign. I think I'll have to alter something in the EXE that removes Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales from the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    Trying to get the perfect patch but it just won't work. Looking at England alone, if you take England out of the EU, it turns English players into foreigners and often makes them Work Permit Invalid. If you keep England in the EU, EU players don't need a work permit. If you start taking countries out of the EU, it makes them foreigners in their own country. Is there something else in the EXE that makes a league an EU league? In my view, that is what needs to be turned off and when used in conjunction with the foreigner restriction and the data, you'd get the perfect patch.
    That's what I found, removing England from the EU isn't the solution. I don't think I want to turn something on that means work permits are required in honesty, it would make buying anyone outside of England difficult and that's not what I'm aiming for - I want the AI to be forced to play English players in the starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Copying the foreigner rules from Brazil into the English foreigner rules might be the ideal solution. There you are only allowed 2 players in the whole squad so after 2, you can't buy any more. This would be the key as it would force the AI to buy English only players. (unless of course they decide greyed out players are fine )

That would bring a few more 'problems' due to way the AI buys players. The top clubs will want top players to fill out their squads and replace like for like but there aren't that many top English there to fill the void. I guess it's a slightly romantic notion thinking the AI would start buying all the top Championship English players but until the top clubs reps diminish by 4 or 5 points I don't see that happening. 5 seasons in a things would be nicely balanced out though I'd imagine.
    Again, I don't want to choke the English Leagues that dramatically. I like what I've put together so far (except for removing the home nations) as it forces the AI to play English players. In addition, it leaves European competitions open as the foreigners can play in them

The next step to this though is to remove the home nations from the UK..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast