Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Darts

vCash
    He did what was required of him Red, but Thornton handed it to him on a plate. Still think he needs to improve a lot or can't see him winning this. Very strong last 16!

vCash
    Barney Vs Anderson - giggidy

vCash
    Anderson's doubles are costing him a chance at this

vCash
    Good last 8!

vCash
    Interesting last 8 but i'm going for a Barney vs Taylor and Wade vs Van Gerwen semi line up. Also I hate Lewis with a passion so hopefully Van Gerwen destroys him on Saturday.

vCash
    van Gerwen having double trouble, could be easily 4-0 or 3-1 as Lewis is not playing all that well except for some big finishes.

vCash
    What a fucking match........ and it aint over yet :w00t:

vCash
    Lewis turned it on just after I'd posted. What a match indeed. Amazing

vCash
    Sick stuff

vCash
    Yep, one of the greatest matches in history! Thought for sure there was gonna be a 9 darter!

vCash

vCash
    Lewis is a prick - glad MVG won!

Wade is another moaning ungrateful prick

Looking for MVG and Barney final

vCash
    What a set of darts!

MVG with a 9 darter then nearly another in next leg!

Then Wade wins the set!

vCash
    This match is gonna be fascinating.

van Gerwen will probably outscore Taylor but as Bristow has pointed out, Wade only had 89 ave. and won 4 sets. Equating the missed doubles and the fact Taylor will probably have far more out shots than Wade, MVG will have to at least double his checkout percentage to win imo.

I think it MVG can keep into Taylor and get him off his game again like Barney did he could win it.

vCash
    MVG did to Taylor what Taylor does to everyone in the first few sets but then MVG went off the boil big time. He'll be a World Champion in the future if he can sort his consistency out.

Premier League line up is announced tonight, the four automatics are Taylor, Lewis, Wade & van Gerwen with 4 wildcards. I'd like to see the wildcards be van Barneveld, Anderson, Whitlock and Chisnall but i'm fully expecting to see Barney, Anderson, Hamilton & Newton.

vCash
    I thought Taylor was finished at 4-2, considering MVG missed a double to go 5-2 up IIRC?

vCash
    Yeah he missed doubles to go 5-2 up then kind of lost it from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i'm fully expecting to see Barney, Anderson, Hamilton & Newton.
    Nah, Whitlock is a cert Newton won't get in because nobody likes him I think Bob Thronton has a chance in place of Ando tbh

vCash
    Anderson has that it factor when he's on song though so I can't imagine they'd rule him out. We'll find out tonight though so all is good.

vCash
    What a cop out from the PDC!

THE McCoy's Premier League Darts will feature TEN players in 2013 under a new format which was announced on Wednesday evening, with Michael van Gerwen, Wes Newton and Robert Thornton to make their debuts in the tournament.

A radical change will see the field expanded from eight players to feature ten stars this year as they compete across 15 nights in the UK and Ireland's biggest arenas.

The ten players will face each other once over the opening nine weeks of the tournament, over the best of 12 legs, before the bottom two players in the league table are relegated following the ninth league night in Brighton.

The remaining eight players will then face each other again over the remaining five league nights before the top four progress to the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 16.

Reigning McCoy's Premier League Darts champion Phil Taylor - who won the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship on Tuesday - will head the field of ten players, alongside 2009 winner James Wade and 2011 champion Gary Anderson.

They are joined by established Premier League stars Adrian Lewis, Simon Whitlock and Raymond van Barneveld, while Andy Hamilton retains his place in the tournament following an impressive debut season in 2012.

World Grand Prix champion Michael van Gerwen, who has risen to fourth in the PDC Order of Merit following his run to the World Championship final, will make his McCoy's Premier League Darts debut this season alongside two other new faces, Wes Newton and Robert Thornton.

Newton's status amongst the world's elite was confirmed when he reached September's European Championship final, while Scottish star Thornton claimed the UK Open title in June with a thrilling victory over Taylor in Bolton.

"This new format for the McCoy's Premier League Darts is going to take the tournament to a whole new level," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"Fans across the UK and Ireland will experience five spectacular matches on each night, and all ten players have earned their spots with their achievements over the last 12 months.

"This new format will mean incredible competition both to avoid relegation and then for Play-Off places before the ninth McCoy's Premier League champion is crowned at The O2 in May."

The McCoy's Premier League Darts, screened live on Sky Sports HD, will begin on Thursday February 7 at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast before travelling to Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Exeter, Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow and Brighton for the first phase of the event.

The final five league nights will be held in Sheffield, Dublin, Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle before the top four players progress to the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 16.

The McCoy’s Premier League Darts competitors are:
    Phil Taylor - reigning and six-time Premier League Darts champion
    Adrian Lewis - two-time World Champion
    James Wade - 2009 Premier League Darts champion
    Michael van Gerwen - 2012 World Grand Prix champion
    Simon Whitlock - 2012 European Champion
    Andy Hamilton - 2012 Premier League Darts semi-finalist
    Wes Newton - 2012 European Championship finalist
    Raymond van Barneveld - five-time World Champion
    Gary Anderson - 2011 Premier League Darts champion
    Robert Thornton - 2012 UK Open champion
    See you out in the first round Wes & Thorn

vCash
    Whist the BDO is a bit behind in terms of quality, they do fuck all to help themselves with the production value and the staging of the event. If they are only going to show darts highlights on bbc1, put the whole event on live on bbc3 since there's nothing on until 7pm and even then its just repeats all evening.

vCash
    a bit behind?

fucking dreadful

vCash
    In fairness the opening rounds are poor due to majority making an annual tv appearance, the pdc guys are so acclimatised to it its just a different world. The standard from the quarters on last year was top class.

Was reading about Martin Adams being now on the BDO board, that should see better exposure if his plans are brought through. But I fear Adams is too old school to be the right man to replace Olly Croft. Then again, no-one can be worse.

If they want it to be taken seriously, they need the World Championships to be treated as a serious comp i.e. every game live on tv, not some highlight reel in the small hrs of the morning.

vCash
    Isn't it split between BBC and ESPN? I'm pretty sure ESPN has most of the live games as the BBC Sport website has them live online.

vCash
    Putting them on ESPN is hardly opening it up to the mainstream though Baz? Is it on ESPN with BBC commentary team?

This match between Bunting and Wilson is excellent as 1st round games go.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6