Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Darts

316'sRegen Unattached

Darts

Step up to the oche, this is the thread for darts chat.

From the BDO to the PDC, Wolfy Adams to Phil Taylor, all your darts related chat, this is the place!
    Last edited by Goofy; 11-03-12 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    I was wondering if there would be a darts thread, I was surprised to find one!

It's spelt 'oche' by the way.

Anyone see Taylor demolish Anderson the other night?

Players Championship at Reading starts today, couple of the local lads are there, Chris Thompson has Les Wallace and Terry Temple has been drawn out against Darren Johnson, I hope they both play well.

vCash
    Taylor hit another 9 darter in the first round today, the fucker's on fire just now

This is the site for the league i play in - http://npdarts.wordpress.com/

I play for Luncarty Rec btw

vCash
    Liar you play for Methven!

vCash
    I play in York, three different leagues (on a Sunday, Monday and Thursday), I've just joined the Individual league website link and I regularly enter the York Open - I'm not as good as Taylor just yet though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Liar you play for Methven!
    I'd have to chop off the meat and two veg first, they're an all-female team

Quote Originally Posted by trevorplatt View Post
    I play in York, three different leagues (on a Sunday, Monday and Thursday), I've just joined the Individual league website link and I regularly enter the York Open - I'm not as good as Taylor just yet though.
    Cool atm i'm trying to get involved with a Super League team, my 3 dart average at home vs Darts Scorer program has been 70+ for the last few months so i reckon i could cut it Also leading the 180's and Best Games in our league this season plus i'm the current League Average Man Definitely time to test myself at a higher level

vCash
    Anyone got a list of the televised Darts for the year? Except for the Premier League and the World Champs (PDC and BDO) I forget there's darts on all year (no Sky . . . .) .

Playing a tournament for charity next Sunday, nearly 200 entrants so far, hopefully we'll get 256 to round it off

vCash

vCash
    Cheers Goof, must throw a few into the firstrowsports, I mean outlook calendar

vCash
    Played tonight, just got back, it was a mixed league (equal No. of men to women) game I was drawn against my cousin, I played shit and he's generally a little better than me as it is. Team got beat 7-2, they had already won the league and we were already mid-table so f*ck all riding on it - thankfully.

Away match tomorrow in the open league, again against the top of the table, we beat them last time though!

vCash
    I wish they would bring back bullseye with Jim Bowen and Tony Green!

vCash
    Ah yeah - 'here's what you could have won' nearly always a speedboat

vCash
    We won 11-1 last night against the 3rd top team in the league........ freak result I won my game 2-0, 16 dart and 18 dart legs, keeping up my good form

vCash
    Blimey - sounds like your pretty good Goof!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Blimey - sounds like your pretty good Goof!
    Top of the tree this season

vCash
    Neil McKay and myself won the league doubles comp on friday night :dance1: We both hit 180's during it too

vCash
    There'd be a few that qualified for the Embassy last year that never hit a 180

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    There'd be a few that qualified for the Embassy last year that never hit a 180

vCash

vCash
    I love VanGerwen's facial movements and gurning!
    Watched that 9 darter last night - commentator Flintoff loved it!

vCash
    2nd in his career and what age is he, 22/23. If he could find a bit of consistency he could break into the top 4

vCash
    How good was the Thornton/Taylor match!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How good was the Thornton/Taylor match!
    Great from Bob's point of view! Just a pity he suffered from the usual "knock out Taylor, go out next round" thing that seems to happen so often in the PDC! Guys use all their energy and adrenaline beating him then they have nothing left for the next game

Anyway, been a while since i posted in here! I've now played 4 times for Perthshire County :dance1: Played the last game of last season for them just after winning our league's singles comp (was invited to play in the bar afterwards ), played B team first and won 3-1 with a 20.3 average (average per dart obviously), wouldve been better if not for missed doubles! Got promoted to the A team on the same day and lost 3-2 in a pretty vital match Was asked back this season so mustve done something right! First game this season away to Tay Valley (Dundee), was picked for the B team again and won 3-2 - very close game, first 4 legs went with the throw then i broke him in the decider with a 15 darter :dance1: Couldnt be promoted to the A team that day due to playing both A and B in my previous game (dont ask me how it works ) but i did have the highest average in the B team that day........ just checked the BDO website and i'm still in the top 30 B team averages in N.Scotland

So, saturday past we were at home v Fife........ and they're a strong team! Ross "The Boss" Montgomery, Stewart Rattray, Colin Miller etc, all top BDO players! Anyhow, the Captain tells me i've been dropped from the B Team......... and promoted to the A Team :dance1: Get drawn out of the hat vs Rab Shaw, experienced County player who's been playing for 20+ years so i know i'm in for a game! Anyway, me to throw first and i fly out of the blocks and take the first two legs of the match hitting the double first dart both times. Rab fires back with a 14 against the throw (i had 130 left) then a 17 with the throw (me sitting on 32 having missed a dart at 16s for the match) so it goes to the final leg............ a little fist touch "good luck" precedes it which i thought was a nice touch I've got the throw........... big single 5...... compose myself......... treble 20, treble 20 followed by a "come on" and a fist pump He hits 45.......... i then hit a ton........ he hits 41.......... match in the bag i'm thinking, just keep it steady! Can't remember what i hit after that, all i remember is missing 7 darts at double for the match, 3 of them bang on the wire and two of them had me swaying/walking towards the board they were that close Rab hit the double first dart...... lesson learned! Can't afford the miss 7 darts at double at County level! My overall average was 23.64 so at least i'm headed in the right direction...... plus if i'd hit that fecking double in the last leg then it wouldve been even better!

So, all in all, pretty pleased with my start to County darts........ totally new to me, takes a bit of getting used to being up on stage with someone calling out your every score Onwards and upwards, got Clackmannanshire up next and i plan on kicking some ass! Have hit legs of 11 and 12 today in practice and missed the bull for a 10 so i know my game is in the best shape it's ever been plus my own domestic league finally got underway last monday so plenty time for match practice now!

vCash
    Hope i didnt bore you all with that^^

vCash
    Some standard to the darts so far even in the 1st round. Barney is on fire.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast