Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: April 2015 Data Update Feedback

vCash

April 2015 Data Update Feedback

I've played the update for some months now. I'm in 2021 and I'm seeing some regen with wierd values.
    At least 3-4 players with a blue value over 20.
    Is it normal?
    Can values exceed 20 now?

vCash
    That's related to the patch you are using, I'd suggest reporting it here -> http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    You can play with the older DB's and have no money after 6 months. And all the top teams with no money after 12-18 months. Might change your mind. One mistake shouldn't ruin the database since you can correct mistake in 2 minutes. We have preview saves to weed out these mistakes but even with 200 instead of 10 working on a database there are still things that are missed.

You're not being an arse but there's no-one forcing you to play the data and anyone is free to change their own database if they like.

Brondby's top wage in the next DB will be 7k if it makes any difference. The 25k didn't change the AI's ability to buy players since none were flagged up in testing
    I just reinstalled the original game, added the Tapani 2.19 patch and reloaded the April 2015 database.... now Brondby only have allowable wages up to £9,500 and it is bastard hard to get decent staff and players - brilliant! I do apologise, I don't know what happened when I originally added the update but I am quite happy now I don't know if the Tapani patch made a difference?

vCash
    Tapani patch shouldn't make a difference. By any chance had you the Tapani patch with 2.2x Values installed - the one that increases the game values by 2.2 throughout the DB? That would make 9.5k about 21k which the club may have rounded up to allowing 25k

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Didn't happen much on ODB but there are always a few (Espanyol, Sevilla and a smathering of Italian clubs - any club with big stadium and lowish attendance compared to the stadium size)

You forget that the ODB was made by the makers of the where the updates are made by fans of the game, hence everything we do is essentially guesswork deduced from endless hours of testing. Knowing the game mechanics makes it easier to get a team picking the right players for the right positions and selling players to the right clubs. Plus you had a more even spread of wealth in Europe which I'd say made it a doddle to update the game. This is a brief list of clubs with a rep of 15 or more that aren't even close now: 1860 München, Ajax, Anderlecht, Atalanta, Basel, Celtic, Club Brugge, Grasshopper, Kaiserslautern, Leeds, Lens, Mallorca, Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, Rangers, Zürich. It was a lot easier to give everyone lowish reps and players could move between the clubs freely and no-one batted an eyelid. That's because there were more than 10 big clubs in Europe, more than 10 with financial muscle anyhow.

It's pretty clear on the ODB they didn't really give much consideration to player movements/transfers between the AI controlled clubs, we do (and most who play the game). There's where the realism you are looking for comes from. It's easy buy players in the game, always has been. Get loads of cash, sign anyone. Not a lot we can do in that regards.

To get the right players moving to the right clubs you need the right Current Reputation. The offset is if you leave World Rep and Wages to the game to generate i.e. leave them as 0 the game will give pretty much everyone the same wage which is what has happened with Brondby (combined with Aggers high wage). Denmark is one of the few nations we haven't gotten around to adding the World Rep and Wages to, hence the AI generating the same over and over. This is exactly why our system needs to be used. We had hoped to have an importer for doing this but it hasn't come to fruition. There was only 9 of us working on the April database but thankfully we've doubled that and then some for the next database. It's not likely that the likes of Denmark will have set wages in the next database but likely every playable league will be covered for Spring 2016 for World Rep and Wages. It took an incredible effort by the team to get this into the database when we'd worked out a stable formula. In fact we spent 2 months calculating and inputting and nothing else before the March 2013 Database (which is the most downloaded DB we've ever released)
    Just as a side note, the current state of the CM0102 Updater Tool by ArchibaldUK still allows you to mass edit wages and world reps. I know this first hand. Additionally, you can use Legion to import players (I do it to a fictional team I created) so you can them update them in the Updater Tool and move them to their required clubs.

vCash
    Yes the import players works fine, but only for new ones. Plus Legion wipes the Positional data. So a player set a M15 AM20 L20 C15 becomes M20 AM20 L20 C20. Undoes probably double the work it would be saving. Doing world rep & wages is just time consuming, not hard or anything. You'd still have to research the values so there is no major time saved.

I don't think the Updater Tool with the wages column - Player Attributes (extended) - if in an importable format

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Yes the import players works fine, but only for new ones. Plus Legion wipes the Positional data. So a player set a M15 AM20 L20 C15 becomes M20 AM20 L20 C20. Undoes probably double the work it would be saving. Doing world rep & wages is just time consuming, not hard or anything. You'd still have to research the values so there is no major time saved.

I don't think the Updater Tool with the wages column - Player Attributes (extended) - if in an importable format
    I use Legion to put the players there and then I used the Updater Tool to find those players and their DOBs and update their positions and stats accordingly. I'm fairly sure you can amend wage and world rep in the staff attributes file that is generated?

vCash
    This is what happens when I try to re-import the exporter csv file

Maybe it needs to be re-imported as a different format

EDIT: Just found a window saying loading but only gets to 11%, doesn't seem to have imported anything

Social Media Team
    vCash
    This is what happens when I try to re-import the exporter csv file

Maybe it needs to be re-imported as a different format

EDIT: Just found a window saying loading but only gets to 11%, doesn't seem to have imported anything
    Are you using the "player_update" / "staff_update" XML spreadsheets that the tool automatically generates for you?

vCash
    Thats what the first line would imply

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Thats what the first line would imply
    Odd. Send me the .csv so I can have a look at it and also have a test to see if it works at my end?

vCash

Unhappy Bug with data update

Hi

Ive found a bug with the last update.

I signed Martin Ødegaard but he seems to be on international duty non stop and I cannot pick him?

Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place

vCash
    Hi,

Ive prompted leyton orient to prem and signed Martin Ødegaard and he seems to be only allowed to play internationals and not at clubs

Im pretty sure this is a bug

vCash
    Open the Editor, find him and under Contract see what his Playing Squad setting is

vCash
    Open the Editor, find him and under Contract see what his Playing Squad setting is
    Its set to senior squad, which is why im confused to why I cant pick him at club level!

vCash
    That's a strange one alright. What Tapani patch are you using?

vCash
    That's a strange one alright. What Tapani patch are you using?

vCash
    Como abaixar esse jogo ?

Enviado de meu XT1025 usando Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011