Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Signed up as well. Seems like a good idea. What teams are you guys in? I have joined The Bears as an off Spinner who bats at No.7

vCash
    I own the Bears.

vCash
    So, A Shaner or A Rhino?

vCash
    took me a while to work out the gtfc/mightymariner link!

vCash
    oh... Doh!!
    I thought you were going to own them
    Good to see gtfc owns the team

vCash
    Pietersen kicking ass in IPL currently.
    85 off 56 balls!

vCash
    Hits the winning runs
    103 not out off 64 balls!

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Chris Gayle is just simply immense in IPL. His bat must weigh a ton!
    Chris Gayle is my favourite batsman of all time. Simply sensational to watch when he gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Glamorgan or still royally sucking this season, it's going to be a very, very, very long season ahead
    103 for 9 inside 43 overs is shocking. Very long season indeed. They've responded well though by taking 4 wickets.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfcfan View Post
    I own the Bears.
    Get me signed on your team then! I've signed up as Gayle.

Quote Originally Posted by klosec12 View Post
    Signed up as well. Seems like a good idea. What teams are you guys in? I have joined The Bears as an off Spinner who bats at No.7
    I like the concept too so signed up as Gayle. Going to try and replicate my hero on that forum

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Hits the winning runs
    103 not out off 64 balls!
    Amazing innings although he did get lucky on more than two occassions. Still, 103 runs is a top knock!

Lancashire resume play today and are currently 162-6.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Lancashire go in to lunch 172 for 7. Two wickets lost in the session and only 50-odd runs made. Very slow.

vCash
    I get the feeling we'll be having another game that finishes inside 3 days, Hants are 5 down with a 5 run lead We well and truely suck! Roll on when North and Hogan get here!

vCash
    Get me signed on your team then! I've signed up as Gayle.
    Sent you a Pm on the site

vCash
    6 wickets or 128 runs against Hampshire, see what happens first, but at least this game lasted into day 4!

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Jesus christ it gets worse and worse for Lancashire. We battle to a respectable 250 and get them to 81-7.

Then out of nowhere Maddy and Clarke put on 224 for the eighth wicket which included 112 for Maddy and 140 for Clarke to leave them with a 79 run lead heading in to the second innings.

Seems the big stack of runs played havoc with the mentality of Lancashire because we lost FOUR wickets after 21 overs and close of play. Looks like we might be losing another one here..

On a brighter note my team Royal Challengers Bangalore managed another win against Kings XI in the IPL. The win saw an impressive 131 run partnership between Gayle and AB de Villiers who scored 87 and 52 respectively.

Watching Gayle really is amazing, I fucking love the guy.

vCash
    Gayle is so hit and miss though, he'll either get you 50 quickly or he'll be out for like 10 in 3 balls AB on the other hand is a pure class act, he's just one of those guys that can do it all, I love watching him construct a ODI innings.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Hmm, I've watched him throughout this whole IPL campaign and he really has adapted his game massively. I agree that his reputation has been hit and miss but he's so different this season.

His first 10 balls are just to get his eye in, he doesn't take any risks, and if it's there he hits it. I've seen him use the forward defensive so much recently.

vCash
    Do quite like the whole RCB team.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    We have an amazing amount of depth and talent with Kholi, Gayle, Tiwary, AB and Vettori. Vettori is also one of my favourite players of all time too

vCash
    Hmm, I've watched him throughout this whole IPL campaign and he really has adapted his game massively. I agree that his reputation has been hit and miss but he's so different this season.

His first 10 balls are just to get his eye in, he doesn't take any risks, and if it's there he hits it. I've seen him use the forward defensive so much recently.
    Gayle defensive? What's the world coming too? Is Sehwag going to be next?

As for Vettori, he's a very underrated player, he's been the stand out man for New Zealand for so many years, he'd be much more valued if he was an Aussie/English/Protea.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Gayle defensive? What's the world coming too? Is Sehwag going to be next?

As for Vettori, he's a very underrated player, he's been the stand out man for New Zealand for so many years, he'd be much more valued if he was an Aussie/English/Protea.
    I was amazed and impressed at the same time. He's been really sensible which his innings this year and sometimes RCB do rely on him a bit too much to drag them through the mud.

Sehwag was impressive today, managed 50-odd but his team lost. At one point it looked like Pietersen and Sehwag were going to ruin Pune Warriors but Ganguly pulled out a vital dismissal of KP.

Vettori is unbelievably good at what he does, one of those lower order batsmen that can put on a half century with ease. I'd love to see him in County cricket.

vCash
    Not caught much of the IPL this year, hows Steven Smith being doing? I rate him quite highly, he reminds me so much of Shane Warne.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    I haven't watched much of Steven Smith but from what I have seen he's been a great addition to the field. But I haven't seen him bowl and there aren't any proper stats on the IPL website to give you an indication of how he's done this time round. I know what you mean by reminding you of Shane Warne, got the perfect spin bowler action and at 22 he's a bright prospect for Australia's future.

In other news, Lancashire suffer their second defeat to Warwickshire by five wickets. Warwickshire were only chasing 71 after their well fought first innings and got it with ease. Musn't have been an easy wicket to bat on as Lancashire did manage to take five wickets but Warwickshire had more than enough talent and time to win the game. Such a bad start for Lancashire and I can't see it improving any time soon. The only positive from the match was that Prince managed a fifty in the second innings.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    So Lancashire take on a tough challenge today by facing Somerset at Taunton. Thankfully for Lancs, Trescothick is out with an ankle injury which make the job a bit easier for the bowlers. Lancashire won the toss and elected to bat. Horton and Moore opened the batting but Horton was soon given out LBW for just two runs. It hasn't managed to affect the number three (Brown) who has made a nice partnership with Moore to push the score up to 90. Brown is only four runs short of his fifty.

EDIT: Brown reaches his fifty and then gets given out LBW. Lancashire 105 for 2 with Moore and Prince at the crease.
    Last edited by Jesus; 26-04-12 at 12:51 PM.

Social Media Team
    vCash
    What a start for Lancashire finishing on 363 for 4 at the close of play, day one. Following Brown's wicket, Lancashire looked ready to dig in but Moore came unstuck 21 runs later to leave us 118-3. However, with Prince and Croft at the crease, Lancs managed to finally dig in and the Prince-Croft partnership reached a massive 208 runs before the unfortunate fall of Prince. Prince had battled to 96 before being given his marching order, an agonising 4 runs short of his century! Still Croft remains unbeaten on 120 so it's onwards and upwards tomorrow (hopefully).

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Day two of the county match between Lancashire and Somerset resumes and the commanding lead of 363 seems to have gone to the player's heads because they are currently 395 for 9. That means that we've only put on 32 runs for five wickets which is absolutely shocking. I admit we are in a strong and commanding position with the first innings but there is no excuse for letting it slip like this. It's situations like this that lose matches, we could have put on a performance and reach the 450 mark before lunch and had a bowl at them but instead we've let ourselves collapse and it wouldn't surprise me if it came round to bite us in the arse.

vCash
    Onto the last day, and Hampshire are still in their first innings Draw written all over it if it isn't raining.

A football sim is coming very soon on the site, tennis sim has just started.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast