Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite "cult" teams

vCash

Favourite "cult" teams

Hi all,

We all have obscure teams that we have great admiration for purely because of cm/fm. Teams that you always check up on during every save or in real life. Maybe because of a good save you had managing them, an awesome name, because they had one player you loved or even because they had a cool colour scheme.

San Marino have always been close to my heart. Haven't managed them on cm but religiously play as them on the fm series trying to get good San marinese regens.

Another team is Stenhousemuir in Scotland, I am managing them in my current save. Just love the name to be honest, their club nickname is "the warriors" too which I found pretty awesome.

Malmo, varzim, Monterrey, velez, st Pauli to name a few others

What teams do you guys associate with? Do you have any habits concerning the teams as well such as loaning out players to them as an example.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jesusderossi For This Useful Post:

ViK

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I deeply love Leeds just for CM reasons. The 93/94 edition with McAllister, Strachan, Deane, Speed and the likes....ohhhhh.....Also have warm feelings for totally random lower league clubs due to longlasting savegame, Cambridge and Northampton in particular.
    Hardly ever play outside England though.

vCash
    Barnet for me. They had an awesome team on the ODB with Wayne Purser, Mark Gower, Greg Heald, Lee Harrison, Mark Arber, Ben Strevens all standing out. But no matter how many times I managed them, I was always beaten to the title by flipping Doncaster (or whoever Justin Jackson played for).
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Apoel Nicosia but more because of Sensible soccer, I do keep an eye out for them on everything though.

On champ? It's Newport because of Andrew Mainwaring, and actually player I found who turned out ace, I think that was CM3. He is easily up there with Etherington (well about 4 of the Peterborough players), Moukoko, Nkubi etc as top top player.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taribowestsleftfoot For This Useful Post:

AJ

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Monterrey for me because they were the first team I saw in Mexico so I've followed them ever since

Peterhead and Bilbao for ancestral reasons

Huddersfield because of CM

Ipswich because of the original CF

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For CM reasons... Dijon, Woking, Gernika, Dynamo Dresden. Just for the name? Maidenhead, because gutter mind.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rapinoe For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I favour being a manager in England and Italy and prefer the latter because of the transfer window, the lack of restriction on foreign players and the "funky" tactics applied by Italian managers...
    Back in the days my absolute favorite was Atalanta - brilliant mix players like Doni, Bellinni, Zenoni, Pinardi, Rossini and my fave Federico Pisani who unfortunately died very young in a car crash
    Recently my fave team has been Lecce because of hero Fabrizio Miccoli. Love pairing him up with other older Italian maestro's and in my most recent save game I had Miccoli lift the Chl throphy at the tender age of 40 Cheers all

vCash
    Was just about to post Atalanta, what a team.

Did like joining Boca for Riquelme, not selling him and then moving club and buying him

Rushden were always good, 7m to stock up on legends that had EU status or passed the work permit regulations.

vCash
    I have a spot for TNS in Wales.
    And there was a side called Chimney Corner from Northern Ireland.

A more recent one is Blackbird from Finland.
    Managed them passed the year 2100 a few updates back.

vCash
    I have regularly added Wicks Academy in Scotland Div 3 and only signed free u21's and things like that. An academy by name and nature

vCash
    It's Sheffield Wednesday for me. I love the name (very Robinson Crusoe-esque) the
    crest and when I started following football Chris Waddle was a legend there; I would
    read about his dazzling diagonal runs from the right wing, cutting inside, a proto-Robben
    as it were. What's more, SW has a real following and a mythical stadium.

God damn it I'm starting to feel an urge to start a save with them... (but I have
    work to do :/ ).

vCash
    Preston North End for me (Cant be arsed to explain why)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Preston North End for me (Cant be arsed to explain why)
    It's the sheep isn't it?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Was just about to post Atalanta, what a team.

Did like joining Boca for Riquelme, not selling him and then moving club and buying him

Rushden were always good, 7m to stock up on legends that had EU status or passed the work permit regulations.
    Another vote for Atalanta here, but I was a River man rather than Boca - the team they had on CM99/00 was ridiculous! Aimar, Saviola, Sorin, Yepes, Angel, Placente...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Another vote for Atalanta here, but I was a River man rather than Boca - the team they had on CM99/00 was ridiculous! Aimar, Saviola, Sorin, Yepes, Angel, Placente...
    https://youtu.be/bCdsRRV2zBs?t=26

vCash
    Queens Park.
    Tiny crowds, massive stadium (and therefore costs), appalling reputation, and very small wages budget.
    I like a challenge lol

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Danceswithhorses For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cardiff and F.Andria and Brescia from CM games

vCash
    Doncaster if my home team counts (and its easy to win the conference). Otherwise AFC Bournemouth, since they are the only team I've gone from bottom to top with (conference aside).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Rabbit View Post
    It's the sheep isn't it?
    Sheep in Lancashire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Atlanta quality side, I remember i had save with them with fausto Rossini up front he was an absolute legend!

vCash
    Another one for Atalanta as well, had a great save with them making them an all Italian team before moving onto England and turning Chelsea into an all English team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Sheep in Lancashire?
    The sheep in the crest! And you call yourself a PNE fan? tsk tsk

vCash
    Chesterfield as my home town club
    often went with doncaster for long term bottom to top career games and cant remember why but always had a soft spot for cowdenbeath in scotland

vCash
    Always loved to play with Leyton Orient. Brilliant name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Rabbit View Post
    The sheep in the crest! And you call yourself a PNE fan? tsk tsk
    Don't think this thread is for teams you are a fan of, or support.. its teams you follow the results of, or have a soft spot for...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast