Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

316'sRegen Unattached

Boxing

Will Khan retain his title from the American champ Lamont Peterson?

Is Ali really the greatest ever? Will they ever find someone to give the Klitshco's a fight?

Why does Tyson like the taste of ears? (and people's hearts and children if his press conferences are to be believed )

Have your say on the world of pro boxing...

vCash
    Wlad got his 50th KO against Mormeck last night, there really is nothing left for the Klitschko brothers now, they may as well just retire and let someone else have some fun in the division. Fury will give neither man a match before anyone says it, and the rest, well they've either already been beaten or aren't good enough.

Still we have hope in other divisions in Ricky Burns, Nathan Cleverley, Kell Brook and a guy called Chris Eubank Jnr!

vCash
    this fight was an absolute farce. he could have knocked him out in the first round if he wanted to. i have absolutely no idea what mormeck tried to achieve and why they have picked him.

vitali - haye fight still not off the table yet though.

vCash
    Mormeck was a mandatory challenger though weren't he? So he had to face him no matter how out his depth Mormeck was.

vCash
    David Haye vs. Derek Chisora stream links from 7:
    http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1305...avid-haye.html

vCash
    Haye promises to knock him out. I'll believe that when i see it.

vCash
    Believe it now Coys?!

vCash
    He didn't knock him out

vCash
    He would have if it carried on. Not too often you get actual KO's these days (not reaching 10 count) as ref always stops the fight

vCash
    So he didn't knock him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    He would have if it carried on. Not too often you get actual KO's these days (not reaching 10 count) as ref always stops the fight
    KO's are pretty rare nowadays, yes

vCash
    When David Haye said he was going to knock him out, i'm pretty sure he didnt mean it in a "He will get back up but the ref will stop it" sort of way. My post was relating to a real KO.

vCash
    Khan got battered too. Though to be fair to Khan i've no idea how he managed to get up at the end of the third, that was some shot he got caught with.

vCash
    Khan is tactically inept. Has the skills and pace but gets caught up in slugfests when he doesn't need to.
    He cost me and AMC a few quid as well

vCash

RICKY BURNS

take a bow son

sent him homeward to think again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    take a bow son

sent him homeward to think again
    Yep, brilliant performance, certainly didn't envisage a stoppage :tup: Gotta be top 10 pound for pound in the world now surely! Hopefully get a unification fight in December then move up to 10 stone....... lot of big fights to be had there

vCash
    Hope he get's Khan and destroys him as well

vCash
    http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/n...ead_46579.html

Former heavyweight champion of the world Corrie Sanders has been shot dead in a robbery in South Africa.

Sanders, 46, is said to have been shot in the stomach when three men stormed the Thatch Haven Country Lodge near Brits outside Pretoria.

He was rushed to Kalafong Hospital where doctors were unable to save his life.

Sanders became the WBO heavyweight champion in 2003 by defeating Wladimir Klitschko with a second-round knock out, a victory that is considered one of the biggest upsets in recent boxing history.

vCash

Steve Collins to get back into the ring to fight Roy Jones Jnr at age 48

In much less welcome news than Froch/Kessler II, former world champ Steve Collins has today announced he is getting back in the ring, and he will fight Roy Jones Jnr.

Sometimes news breaks that baffles you and the breaking story that Steve Collins (48) is getting back in the ring after 14 years is just one of those. After some very vague rumours last month it now seems a very unlikely comback is on.

The former WBO middleweight and super middleweight champion, who last fought in 1997 and who retired two years later, told Richard Keys and Andy Gray on talkSPORT today that he has a fight lined up with one of the all-time greats, American Roy Jones Jnr.

“It’s not a comeback as such, at my age I’m too old for that, but it will be the end of a 15-year grudge.

“It’s a fight Roy Jones needs. He claims to be one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters around but he refused to fight me.

“I was very happy with my career, but the one fight I wanted was Roy Jones, and when that didn’t happen I retired. To me he was afraid of me. I don’t think he’s a coward, but at the time he was!

“But now it’s happening. I spoke to Roy and we’re going to get it on. He wants one more fight before he retires and this is the one he wants. If we get a good offer we’ll split it down the middle and get it on.”

At one time Jones, now 43, was considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Now, after drifting up from middleweight to heavyweight he has lost three of his last five bouts, including one to a man that turns 48 today, Bernard Hopkins.

As for when this bout would take place, it sounds like sooner rather than later.

“I would like 10-12 weeks to get ready,” said Collins. “In my mind I already see how that fight goes and I can see the outcome. I feel like I’ve never been away. I’m looking forward to it.

“This is still a match. We’re the same generation. I wouldn’t even consider fighting as guy 15 or 20 years younger than me, because that’s not a match. But we’re the same age and this is affair match. It won’t be any different to how it would have been 15 years ago.”

And as for a venue?

“I’d love the fight to be in the UK but there is interest from Dubai, Russia, China," said Collins. "Dubai looks the favourite, but we’ll have to see where the offers come from.

“Hopefully we’ll get an offer that’s suitable for us both and we get it on. It will give all old-timers some hopes!

There has been no response from Jones as yet.

vCash
    Both should call it quits, apparently Sugar Shane Mosely is coming out of retirement to take on Malinaggi too.

Some great matches in the pipeline, Kessler v Froch II being announced today

vCash
    Hope they got the zimmers ready! Also surely the boxing authorities wouldn't sanction a fight between these two considering how long Collins has been out of the game?

As for Froch/Kessler it'll be a cracker. Surely the winner would go on to face Andre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Also surely the boxing authorities wouldn't sanction a fight between these two considering how long Collins has been out of the game?
    Probably a good reason why he says Dubai is a likely venue, be a lot harder for him to get a licence here or in the US. Stupid move though, Collins has nothing to prove plus he's been out of the ring faaaaaar too long! Jones has gone on far too long too........ should have quit 5 or 6 years ago at the top!

vCash
    Are they going to fight with Luxembourg licences like Haye vs Chisora then

vCash
    And people wonder why boxing has loads of old guys still with somewhat of a pull, what a fucking shambles

vCash
    Fraudly Harrison

TKO within 70 seconds.

Give it up son!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 32