Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Training Routines

vCash
    I use my training regime which works a treat. I dont take them off it either so they train all year round. After all they still get paid fotr the weeks there is no games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Profa View Post
    Is it better to train players between seasons or not?
    I keep them all on it from day 1

vCash
    what do people do if a player suddenly gets tired in the middle of a season?

i have a starting DC who suddenly showed up at 26% fitness about a month into the season. i've had similar things before & just reduced his training to my offseason mode which has fitness on "light". two weeks later, he's up to 76% and should be ready to play in another ten days or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post

i have a starting DC who suddenly showed up at 26% fitness about a month into the season. i've had similar things before & just reduced his training to my offseason mode which has fitness on "light". two weeks later, he's up to 76% and should be ready to play in another ten days or so.
    I just stick him on no training until he's back to full fitness. Make sure you remember to put him back in training though as i took a load of players off training and forgot to put them back on I eventually realised after about 6 months when all their attributes started getting worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    I just stick him on no training until he's back to full fitness. Make sure you remember to put him back in training though as i took a load of players off training and forgot to put them back on I eventually realised after about 6 months when all their attributes started getting worse

i always set a manager note reminder to prevent that from happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ajra21 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post

Use my training, and use a different defender

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    Use my training, and use a different defender
    of course. I've found this kind of thing only seems to happen when i have players to step in without a drop off; it doesn't happen at a position that i'm shallow at.

vCash
    guys do you think we should have training cycle?

vCash
    What do you mean Blatt_dennis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    What do you mean Blatt_dennis?
    i mean while players at training, should we do a cycle? example during 3 weeks defenders work intensive tactics, then next 3 weeks they work skills, then next 3 weeks they work fitness .. sth like that

vCash
    ner, I keep them on the same schedule even during the off season!

vCash
    I haven't played CM 01/02 in a few years but just decided to return to it recently and thought I'd throw my input on training routines. I actually had this completely nailed down and knew exactly how they worked when I used to play regularly but I forgot the specifics. However, I remember enough that if anyone can be bothered looking into it and doing a bit of research they'd be able to figure it all out again.

Players have a certain amount of training that they can handle without being run down, as you're all well aware. The best and fittest players can handle more than players that aren't so good or fit, although you'll see there isn't really that much difference in what they can handle once you understand how the regimes actually work.

Each component of a schedule has the same 'value', that is if a player is being trained on a regime with 1 intensive and 3 medium it doesn't matter which ones are which. Intensive fitness is the same amount of work as intensive tactics, shooting, etc etc. I figured out that an intensive has a value of 5, medium 3 and light 1. I can't remember exactly what amount players can handle but it was somewhere around 15 I think, with better players tending towards 17 and worse players struggling to manage more than 13. I don't know exactly what impact this amount of training will have on them, or if a player having a low condition will train worse because of it, I'm simply stating what they can handle without lowering their condition.

I used to have a set of routines but I lost them so I'm trying to recreate what I had with what limited knowledge I can recall. This is what I've got so far.

General: Leave it as it is, if you're a team with mostly decent players you can probably bump fitness up to intensive. If you always remember to instantly move your players to a better routine it doesn't matter what you do here anyway.

Pre-season: Create a pre-season routine with everything set to intensive and dump all of your players except GKs in there.

Light: Create a routine with Fitness set to intensive then no more than 5 points distributed between the other components. It's really up to you here, the point is you're getting them working on fitness and keeping everything else low so that they get their condition up to scratch ASAP. You could make more than one of these for different positions as well if you have enough space.

GK: Use the preset but bump everything up that's on light up to medium and leave everything else as it is.

The rest of the routines you make will depend on what kind of formation you're using, how many spare routine spaces you have, the quality of your squad and any other variables you have going on at any specific time. For forwards I like to use intensive shooting and medium everything else. For defenders I like to use intensive fitness and tactics, medium skills, light shooting.

It'd be great if someone felt up to the task of digging into this further. I would but I just don't have the same passion for the game as I used to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    Going through an older folder which was in my suitcase I used to move to Australia and I've found my old notebook on CM01/02.

And I've found my old training set-up. This find is up there with the holy grail, and the original copy of the bible. I thought it was lost forever after working wonders for so many years and believing I had lost the routine forever.

Here it is, enjoy:

GK
    Fitness: M
    Tactics: M
    Shooting: N
    Skills: L
    GK: I

DEF
    Tactics: I
    Shooting: L
    Skills: M
    GK: N

DEF MID
    Tactics: I
    Skills: I

MID

ATT MID
    Tactics: L
    Shooting:M

STR
    Fitness: L
    Shooting: I
    Skills: M

Can you give some screenshots about setting Training I still don't know how to creat each training position

vCash
    Disagree with the idea that fitness is the same as other types of training, turbo. If no training is 0 and intensive training is 3, intensive fitness training is 4. Rather than the scale going 1 to 3, fitness runs 2 to 4. Plus, the only thing fitness training improves is stamina.

vCash

Fantastic training regime - (including faster youth development)

I found this training regime somewhere in a dark corner
    of the internet. Decided to give it a try and the results
    where outstanding, the youth players in particular developed
    incredibly fast even without having much, or any, playing time
    with the first team.

I tested this with Man Utd so I don't know if it works with
    poorer training conditions...

Anyway, here it is:

Goalkeeper
    Fitness:Light
    Tactics:Light
    Shooting:Medium
    Goalkeeping:Intensive

Defence
    Fitness:Medium
    Tactics:Intensive
    Shooting:Light
    Skills:Medium
    Goalkeeping:Light

Def Mid
    Tactics:Medium
    Shooting:Light
    Skills:Intensive
    Goalkeeping:None

Att Mid and Strikers
    Tactics:none
    Shooting:Intensive
    Skills:Intensive
    Goalkeeping:None

Youth(everyone that is 24 and under no matter how good they are)
    Fitness:Intensive
    Tactics:Intensive
    Shooting:Intensive
    Skill:Intensive
    Goalkeeping:Light

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    That's very similar to what I use and I've never had any issues... players tend to develop quite well.... I don't have any GK training for players that aren't GKs though....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    That's very similar to what I use and I've never had any issues... players tend to develop quite well.... I don't have any GK training for players that aren't GKs though....
    yeah, that is generally what i do. i don't have an "under 24yo" specific training setup though.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Nope.... I've got one for GK, one for defence, one for midfield, one for attack, and one for reserves...never change it, never had a reason to....

Goalkeeper
    Fitness: Medium
    Tactics: Medium
    Shooting: None
    Skills: Light
    Goalkeeping: Intensive

Defence
    Tactics: Intensive
    Shooting: Light
    Skills: Medium

Midfield
    Shooting: Medium

Attack
    Tactics: Light
    Shooting: Intensive

Reserves
    Shooting: Medium
    Skill: Intensive

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OP: Wouldn't that youth setup drain their condition down to, like, 10 %? I'd like to play them every now and then, too.

vCash
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - many moons ago it was shown that a 2 weekly rotation of intensive areas of training resulted in the best gains.

With high intrinsic values and low CA being important, I think that training is one of those area that can be nearly left alone.

vCash
    I have one for GK, def, def mid, mid, att mid & forwards.

it's been working for a long time. occasionally, a player or two will simply get worse. they are usually players i don't have much invested in.

vCash
    Craig Forrest witch players do you put in your reserves training??

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Everyone who isn't in the senior squad..... all my youth players on loan and anyone who is listed and not still in my senior squad.....

vCash

Help!:)

I returned to the Championship Manager, after years of playing Football Manager. This game nobody beats. Is the best !! I have a request to all fans! I have a problem with it. I need the best training for Championship Manager 01/02. So far I've played on the training regime, but I do not know if it is good - http://fm-gamer.blogspot.nl/2009/05/...-training.html Also, I would ask for a list of the biggest talents to CM 01/02 and also good players. How ever long ago I played Cm 01/02 was the program, who helped in the search of talent. Someone tell me the name of this program? And the last question - I downloaded and played them tactics to test, FuryOfTheBeast, SergOff2ver2, 4-3-1-2 Nakano and Uzbek_352_teramo ...The problem is that these tactics accomplished my good results, especially in the first half of the season, but in the second half of the season was really bad. I need tactics that shoot a lot of goals, little lose goals, and will be very effective. Please advice

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Look around the site. There are many threads about good players, especially in the most recent data update. The tools in the downloads section, such as CM Scout and Graeme Kelly's save game editor can help you find players with high attributes and potential. There are many threads in this section about training.

Play and see what tactics work best with your players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast