Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] The Pozzo Model

vCash
    Good to see Torje doing well, I had him on a save with Chelsea but he never quite got a chance in the first team.

I like the write-up of the season

vCash
    Nice summary for each club, cheers loyal_royal1.

Watford - Superb season, almost a double, what a feat that could have been for the club. Getting some decent players in there, looks like you've got an eye for a bargain.

Udinese - Success at last, albeit in the 3rd tier Good to see that the club are back on the right track again.

Granada - Shocked to see them relegated after they seemed to be improving. The signings you'd made there seemed good enough to me to stay in the top tier. Hope they don't get relegated again and can go straight back up.

12 months time, let's hope all 3 are back in the top tier!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Wot from champions to 16th?

vCash
    Granada was annoying but all the best players just turned and all want out, Will Hughes went AWOL from October for the rest of the season and Isaac Success just stoped scoring goals. Leandro Diaimo seems a bit of a dud on this database, good profile but not producing the goods. It's tricky with them as they promote a load of B team players every year and they are forced onto your wage bill and 1st team sqaud but none of them have been much good so far and no one wants to buy any of them. As Watford keep improving some very good players will start to not get games for them then the idea of the game can really start, moving them on to help where they are needed and will get games until all 3 clubs are strong enough to compete. Must admit it's harder than I expected I never get relegated maybe could have gone for a database I know better so I could have made good initial signings for all 3 clubs but oh well it will all come good I'm sure!

vCash
    All those players from Granada and Udinese's reserve teams will be because they have over 50 players on the books IRL and we created reserve teams for them with future transfers. You can always cancel some of the future transfers if you don't think they're any good.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Ah I see! Trouble at Granada especially is so many of them are fgn so you can't use them all even if you wanted to and can't 'relegate to reserves' to see how they get on. Some of the Udinese ones are looking pretty good.

vCash
    I think that the struggles with Grenada and Udinese add to the story. The players that you have look good enough for both to get back into the top flight, if you can just get them to produce the goods.

looking forward to next season already. It must take a fair time to play a season, with 3 lots of fixtures to play out.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    about 1/3 trough season 4 and the big boys are starting to take notice of Watford, after a storming start Arsenal and Manchester United have met the release clauses of Piatti and Rondon respectively. Will the Hornets be able to continue their impressive form after the loss of 2 key players?

Spoiler!

Asked about how his side would cope manager Sanchez Flores said 'it is a big loss but they were both signed on free transfers and had lots of offers so we had no choice but to agree to release clauses if we wanted to sign the players. They have helped us win a trophy and to play in Europe this season so they have done a fantastic job and made the club a lot of money. It is up to the rest of the squad who will now play more games to help us continue to challenge this season'

Meanwhile in Italy after a poor start Udinese have now won 7 games in a row and are climbing a very tight Serie B table

Spoiler!

Granada are sitting comfortably in mid table in Spain's second tier and are not out of the promotion race yet sitting 8 points off the last promotion spot currently.

Could the Pozzo's have Udinese back in Serie A, Watford in the Champions League and plenty of money to play with come the end of the season???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looking good for Watford. Losing those two will surely be a blow though? I reckon you'll finish about 8th.

Udinese to go all the way for me

Granada to get into the playoffs but fail!
    The Alphabet Game #3

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Granada Promoted at 1st Attempt!

Granada will make an immediate return to La Liga after securing 2nd place in Spain's 2nd tier. After a solid if unspectacular first half of the season the side got it together when it mattered and stormed their way up the table to secure promotion inside the final weeks smashing in 95 goals in the process.

Without doubt the success story of the season was the relationship between Serbian starlet Karisic with 24 assists and youth product Isaac Success with 32 goals. After such a disappointing season last year the young Nigerian, now 22 rose to the challenge of getting a promising career back on track and can now boast 76 goals from 130 appearances for the club despite only managing 3 goals last season!

Spoiler!

A key result along the way and a game that typified a season in which you could never quite predict which Granada would show up at times was a 4-3 last gasp home win against bottom side Girona.

Spoiler!

Watford to take on Europe's Elite!

The Pozzo's will see a club in their control in the Champions League for the first time next season after Watford defied the odds to finish 2nd in the Premier League. Despite losing Rondon and Piatti mid way through the season the Hornet's put together a real squad effort to continue their blistering form throughout the campaign.

Robin Van Persie showed he's not finished yet scoring 19 goals in 33 appearances in his debut season. Fellow new recruits Will Hughes, who moved from sister club Grenada and Andre Wisdom also had impressive seasons and in many ways plugged the weaknesses of last season.

Spoiler!

The UEFA Cup run came to end at the quarter final stage to Fiorentina, having managed to turn around a 2-1 home leg defeat in the space of 7 minutes away in Florence heartbreak still followed and the Italian side went trough 5-3 on aggregate and ultimately on to win the trophy defeating Napoli 2-0 in the final.
    The run still included some memorable moments for the Pozzo's and the Watford fans including a thumping 4-0 home win vs Standard Liege.

Spoiler!

The Pozzo's have already moved quickly to strengthen for a Champions League campaign securing the signature of Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht for 3 million.

Spoiler!

Improving Udinese to build on the positives

In Italy it was a season of ups and downs for Udinese who after a poor start surged to the top of the table but ultimately fell short of successive promotions.

Spoiler!

The Pozzo's will feel that they are not far off a Serie A return but with Granada back in La Liga and Watford facing a Champions League campaign where should their resources be focused and should any of the Pozzo playing staff elsewhere be drafted in to help with a promotion push?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So a strong squad and quite a lot of money at Watford now, what do other people think the Pozzo's should do? Throw money at Udinese and keep the Watford squad largely as it is? Throw money at trying to get Granada straight into Europe? Van Persie to finish his career in Italy or Spain and invest in a younger star striker for Watford? Could Isaac Success push Watford on?

Why not have a look at the squad stats above and let me know what you think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Good to see Torje doing well, I had him on a save with Chelsea but he never quite got a chance in the first team.

I like the write-up of the season
    He's getting better and better!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

kuy

vCash
    I like that layout, much easier and better detail. Thanks!

Didn't realise there were no playoffs in Spain so I would have been wrong with my prediction Well done on getting promoted and great season for Watford too. I thought Udinese would have the best season of the three clubs so surprised to see them tail away. Got a feeling they'll run away with it next season now though!

I reckon you need a couple of big name players at Watford to stay up there and just a few steady signings for Granada with the aim of keeping them in the top flight for next season. Udinese need the biggest help, time to get them back to the top tier where they belong!
    The Alphabet Game #3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I know I already mentioned that signing but thought I would give the authentic report look a go, looks ok, think I will do more of that kind of thing!

Mark - I agree I think Udinese need a bit of a push, if they could go up and Watford finish in Europe again it could start to get very interesting. I'm half tempted to send Van Persie as he is quite old and won't be able to play twice a week but not sure if that's a bit too unrealistic.
    Last edited by loyal_royal1; 06-07-15 at 05:22 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think the priority should be consolidating Watford's position as a CL club - that'll allow you to bring in top-class players, then you can move existing players from Watford on to one of the other clubs.

It would be good to keep Grenada up too though, if possible... Immediate European football for Grenada is probably too difficult without sacrificing something from one of the other clubs, I reckon consolidation should be the aim there

vCash
    Get van Persie over there. You'll need Success to really step up if he goes though.

Nice work on the article
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Excellent stuff

I like this style you've come up with now. Very detailed and informative on the big buys.

I can't decide which team has made the best signings, some great investments going on across all three clubs!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Cheers, looking forward to playing the season and reporting on some actual results now!

vCash
    I've signed Mitrovic a bunch of times recently and he always scores an absolute hatful (I do tend to play him as a lone striker though), hope he can do well for you!

vCash
    Anything can happen at half way stage!

Going into the new year of season 4 and anything can happen for all 3 of our Pozzo clubs.

Watford currently sit in 8th place in the Premier League but just 4 points off 2nd spot as they look to qualify for the Champions League again. The Hornets have come through a tough Christmas fixture list which included a thrilling 4:3 home win vs 3rd placed WBA, a 2-2 draw away at Liverpool and a crucial 1-0 away win at 5th placed Manchester City. A Defeat at home to run away leaders Chelsea completed the holiday fixtures but 7 points from a crucial 4 games against the teams at the top have kept Watford well in the top 4 race.

In the Champions League Watford comfortably made it through the 1st group stage and sit with 3 points from 6 in Phase 2 going into the Winter break.

With a League Cup semi-final coming up against WBA it's still all to play for for the Hornets!

In Spain it's certainly value for money watching Granada as their 15 games have produced 62 goals, the season so far typified by a 5-5 draw away to Malaga.

In a tight table the team look to be finding their feet back in La Liga and glass half full fans will still be looking at a possible top half finish. If vetran Van Persie who has 7 goals from 14 games can stay fit you have to feel the side will at least consolidate and stay up this season.

In Italy Udinese's host of new signings, including a deadline day deal for veteran out of contract Frank Ribery, have not instantly found their feet but are still very much in the promotion race lying in 10th place in Serie B 6 points off the 3rd promotion place. 7 draws from the opening 18 games have been a frustration but the side have shown what they are capable of in recent weeks with a 3-2 cup win vs Juventus and a win by the same score against promotion rivals Cagliari.

The Pozzo's have made a mid season investment to bring in English striker Tom Chamberlain who boasts an impressive record in the lower leagues, he has made a promising start so can he be the difference in the 2nd half of the season?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watford - Not bad in the league, well done on getting through Phase 1 in the CL. Phase 2 looks tough, you'll do well to get through that one as well

Granada - Looks very tight down there! At least the fans are being entertained Hope you get a run of form together, consolidation is key!

Udinese - What a signing in Ribery. That team really is too good to be in Serie B so I'm surprised they're not around the top. A big gamble in Chamberlain, I think I had him in a save game at Accrington and he wasn't a regular for me. I do like a rags to riches story though so fingers crossed
    The Alphabet Game #3

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    7th Place for Watford but Progress on and off the Pitch Continues

Watford eventually finished the season in 7th Place in the Premier League after a poor run of results in the final weeks. An incredibly tight race for Champions League places saw Arsenal and Man City time their runs to perfection while Man Utd hung on in the end after looking shakey at times. In the Champions League itself the side bowed out at the 2nd group stage missing out to eventual finalists Juventus and a Messi inspired PSG.

Spoiler!

There are plenty of positives to take though with last Summer's big new signings Mitrovic (23 goals 8 assists) Volland (27 goals 11 assists) and Tielemans (6 goals 12 assists) all hitting the ground running. Perhaps surprisingly it was Konstantinos Mitroglou though who walked away with Player of the Year bagging 26 goals as he stepped into the starting place left by Robin Van Persie. The Greek striker, who was signed from Fulham for 2.5 million as Watford embarked on their return season to the Premier League 4 years ago has now scored 84 goals in 199 games for the club and has gained cult hero status with the Watford fans.

Off the pitch the Pozzo's have invested again in the stadium as fans sold out Vicarage Road week after week and the ground will now hold 32500 and boast new corporate facilities from next season as work goes on over the Summer.

Spoiler!

Early new recruits for the Hornets include the Bosman signings of Dejan Lovren from Liverpool and Ronny Lopes from WBA. Lovren has been a rock for Liverpool at the back and should strengthen perhaps the weakest area of this Watford side while Ronny Lopes who was key in WBA's impressive 6th place finish and League Cup win last season will provide much needed cover for Gabriel Torje on the right side of midfield, an area that was exposed as lacking depth last campaign, as well as being able to step into a forward role if required. 26 year old Striker Michalis Papadopoulos also joins from Olympiacos having scored 59 goals in 52 appearances for the club.

Spoiler!

Granada get ready for Europe!

The Pozzo's will 2 clubs in the Europa League next season after Granada managed an impressive 6th place finish on their return to La Liga.

Spoiler!

Summer signings Robin Van Persie and Branislav Ivanovic were key in the campaign and fans will hope they keep going at this level for at least one more year.

In a very tight table which at one point saw Granada climb from 13th to 6th on the back of a single win in game week 30 the side managed to address early defensive issues while continuing to score freely. The result of the campaign undoubtedly was the 2-0 home win over Real Madrid, a result which effectively ended Madrid's title chances.

Spoiler!

With a European campaign to come the squad will need strengthening and the Pozzo's may look at the success Van Persie, Bassong, McGugan and Mason have had in Spain after moving from Watford and think the likes of Troy Deeney and Tom Caroll could also benefit as Watford continue to attract some top signings.

Udinese Show Glimpses of What Could Have Been

Although they came closer than last season in terms of points Udinese's expensively assembled squad failed to gain promotion again finishing 8th in Serie B, 5 points shy of the last promotion spot. Despite all of last Summer's recruits averaging over 7 and the club ending as the leagues joint top scorers the side did not quite get enough points on the board.

Spoiler!

The Pozzo's have indicated they will not be spending huge sums on transfer fees again this season as they feel the recruits from last Summer have not been a total failure and a few tweaks to the side should be enough next campaign. They have however moved to snap up free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Napoli

Can the Swedish superstar strike a promotion winning partnership with English prospect Tom Chamberlain who scored 24 goals in 26 games after joining mid way through last season?

Spoiler!

Also joining for next season is former Sunderland and Fiorentina centre back Mobido Diakite who will be aiming to firm things up at the back for the next campaign after averaging 7.48 for Trapani last season.

Will the Pozzo's be happy with their early Summer business and stick with the playing resources they now have or do they have a few aces up their sleeve still for any of their clubs?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bloody hell, great signing for Watford in Lovren. Watford is certainly a place to be right now

What a turn around for Granada after a slow start. I missed that you'd signed Ivanovic as well, nice! Wonder if Granada will play Watford next season

Udinese are a jinx, aren't they?! Just can't get them to play well. Hope Zlatan gets the job done next season and nice to see Chamberlain doing so well.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast