Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] The Pozzo Model

vCash

[STORY] The Pozzo Model

I've had an idea for a fresh CM challenge and I'll share the story here.

For those that are not aware Watford are run and owned by the same group that run and own Udinese and Grenada (The Pozzo family). Watford have achieved promotion this year largely with the help of loan players from Udinese like Angella, Abdi, Vydra etc. Now Watford are in the Premier League you can expect to see the Pozzo's using the extra cash from the huge Premier League TV deals etc not only to try and establish Watford in the Premier League but also to fund a Champions League push for Udinese in the long term.

I'm going to have a go at replicating this ownership model and distribution of resources by taking control of Watford, Udinese and Grenada. The aim will be to make these 3 sides the best in the business by moving bright young players around depending on where they will get the games to develop and handing cash around where it is needed. Obviously to do this I'll need the help of the save game editor and the odd bit of pawning to move the cash around which is not ideal and we'll have to gloss over the fact they would not be allowed in the same European competitions in real life but overall I think this could be an interesting game!

I'm using the April 2015 update and have updated promotion and relegation through the English leagues as Watford have now been promoted to the Premier League in real life.

Hopefully it sounds interesting to at least a few of you and will provide a little entertainment!
    Last edited by loyal_royal1; 05-06-15 at 02:29 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You might need to do some "tweeking" if you want to get loans between your clubs, but it does sound like an adventure.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Would have been interesting (and realistic!) to see you do this story with the same teams in Udinese and Watford.

I'll follow it either way though. Hopefully it'll work out for you as I think there are still limits in the number of loans that you can have in the squad (2) even with the Tapani Patch applied.

Perhaps transfers are the way forward where you can buy and rebuy players between clubs.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Yes I think it will mostly just be transfers between the clubs for the lowest amounts I can get away with. I've never used the save game editor before so I'm not too sure if I can just swap players around using that and just be realistic about saying it will be for 1 year or 2 years rather than keep moving them during a season? I think I'm right in saying only the amount of loans between domestic sides is limited to 2 so it wouldn't be cheating to work around it.

Thinking about it I will do it with the 3 actual sides from real life, it will stop me wanting to be bias towards Reading as well!

vCash
    Sonuds interesting. I was thinking of a multi team save too but couldn't get the restrictions settled in my mind. You can move the money around by transfers also.

vCash
    Sounds like it could be interesting if you can get the save game editor working

vCash
    Very cool idea. Looking forward to this.

vCash
    Ahead of the new season Giampaolo Pozzo gives an interview to the English media as Watford prepare for their first Premier League game;

Q - With Watford now in the Premier League you are in the position of owning clubs in the top leagues in Spain, Italy and England. What do you see as a priority this season?

A - I think you can see from our transfer business this Summer that keeping Watford in the Premier League is an area we had focus on this Summer. Although Granada and Udinese will need investment in the future before they can realistically challenge towards the top of the league, the amount of money on offer from the Premier League means this is where we have invested this Summer. As well as bringing in some bright young players we have also managed to secure some proven quality at this level.

We hope all 3 teams can maintain their top flight status but this is a long term plan and whatever happens this season we are sure we can make all 3 sides the best in their respective countries.

Q - You have signed 16 year old English striker Kabongo Tshimanga from MK Dons for Granada, is the long term plan to bring him back to England?

A - Possibly but it is simply a case of seeing an exiting talent and for the moment have him developing with the club where he will have an opportunity to play. We believe alongside Isaac Success who is 18 years old we have 2 of the brightest young strikers in La Liga and we hope one day they will play Champions League football but for which club? time will tell. By bringing in Kabongo it meant we could also send El Aribi to Watford, he is an experienced international and we hope he can be key in keeping Watford in the Premier League.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good luck mate, Watford always seem to get taken over in my games on the latest DB, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen to you.

vCash
    Nice start and some decent signings going on. It must be tough for you to work out which players to sign for which club
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Interesting start, where does Udinese fit in all this though

vCash
    Whirlwind Season for Pozzos sees Jubilation in London and Heartbreak in Udine

As we close in on the 2015/2016 season there is much to reflect on from the last campaign for the Pozzo family. In an interview at the start of the season Giampaolo Pozzo indicated that Watford's survival was a top priority for their strategy to eventually dominate in England, Italy and Spain.

In this regard they may eventually look back on this season as a huge success as Watford defied the pre-season odds and retained their Premier League status recording memorable victories of Manchester City and Manchester United in the process

Spoiler!

Granada also secured their La Liga status with a thrilling last day victory over Elche which saw them swap places in the table at the last hurdle!

Spoiler!

The highlight of the season in Spain for the Pozzos will have been the development of young Nigerian Forward Isaac Success with the 18 year old scoring 20 goals from 33 appearances.

It was heartbreak though for Udinese as they were tamely relegated from Serie A. In an interview with Italian TV Giampaolo Pozzo said 'We knew survival was the aim for all 3 of our clubs this season but this is tough to take. We have to look at the positives though, we had an ageing and under performing squad but a lot of work has gone into moving players out who needed to be moved on and we still have some exiting young players coming back to club such as Nico Lopez after loan spells and we're delighted that Antonio Di Natale has already pledged to stay and help us get back up, I'm confident we can do that and come back in much better shape moving forwards'

Spoiler!

It's clear that this is a long term project for the Pozzos as they have invested in expanding the capacity at both Vicarage Road and Friuli this Summer.

Meanwhile the bulk of the transfer budget at Grenada has been spent on English midfield prospect Will Hughes from Derby County. Granada will also be strengthened in goal as Anders Lindegaard moves to Spain after Watford took advantage of John Ruddy's relegation release clause at Norwich City. Granada Manager Jose Ramon Sandoval said 'We are delighted to bring in 2 quality players, with Hughes the owners recognise he is an exiting talent and maybe they could also have tried to sign him for Watford but we were very close to relegation this season and they have decided Granada needed an important player to come in, Will is very exited to have the chance to play in La Liga and develop his game and he also knows he could fulfil his dream to play in the Premier League one day by moving here.

After Daniel Tozer moved back to Parma following his loan Watford's key piece of business was a new DM and they have plugged that gap by brining in Oriol Romeu from Chelsea, Manager Quique Sanchez Flores will hope he can fulfil his obvious potential at Vicarage Road.

Spoiler!

It promises to be another exiting season for the Pozzo family and fans of their respective clubs!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I did wonder if the lack of information regarding your transfers at Udinese at the start of the season meant you gave them the least thought out of the three teams? Being relegated is a huge shock considering most would see Udinese as the biggest club of the three?

Is there something wrong with your images? The Watford ones are fine but the Italian league table isn't showing and there's overlap going on there and in the transfer images too.

Decent signings for Granada by the way, Lindegaard and Will Hughes will surely help the club do better than that close shave from relegation
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I'm really struggling to get a tune out of Udinese to be honest, I thought they would be good enough to stay up at least so thought the money should go to Watford in the 1st season. Struggling with Udinese in Serie B now a little bit as well but they do have some very good players. It's a bit odd, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been relegated on this game but I'm sure it will all come good if I stick at it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Let's hope you don't get sacked at Udinese
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Didn't expect that. Udinese relagation What tactics are you using?

vCash
    nice idea and will catch up on this

vCash
    Udinese relegated again honestly never known anything like this in 15 years of playing this game, think I need to clear out the entire squad and start them again.

vCash
    Ey, what?! Relegated from Serie B now?!

I'm seriously considering starting my own game on this now
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Yep, it's like the game just hates Udinese pretty much every game they had the most shots, most tackles won most possession etc, most of the team have an ok average rating but just can't string any results together at all. Will do a proper update once I've finished the cull and brought them a new squad - Got some good free transfers coming in at Watford so will give Udinese a big budget for next season.

vCash
    The Udinese form is mental. Down in the 3rd tier you can surely turn the form around and get the confidence to drive them back to Serie A. I am expecting a big clear out and lots of wheeling and dealing in the summer. Great work with Watford and Grenada
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    A busy Summer is drawing to a close for the Pozzo's!

After Udinese were shockingly relegated for the 2nd season running there was a massive overhaul of the playing squad. The owners have invested heavily for a club at this level in order to land some promising youngsters and some experienced heads to guide the club back where it belongs.

The deal the fans are particularly exited about sees a surprise move for France international Yann M'Vila. The 26 year old with 22 senior caps has endured a nightmare 2 season spell in Russia where he made only 7 appearances for Rubin Kazan and Dinamo Moscow. In an interview with France Football M'Vila said 'I just want to play games again, it is a step down but Udinese are a big club and I'm still young enough to hopefully play in Serie A with the club in the future.'

Udinese Ins and Outs

Spoiler!

After Watford secured another season in the Premier League it is clear they are starting to attract a higher calibre of player as the club managed to secure an impressive haul of free transfers beating off competition from sides all over the world.

Spoiler!

Thousands of Granada fans gathered at the Nuevo Los Carmenes to welcome Brazil international Leandro Damiao to the club. The forward of 19 caps endured a frustrating time at Fiorentina but the Grenada fans believe the 26 year old can find his best form in Spain. The club also welcome back Jeison Murillo, just 1 season after selling to Inter Milan for 6m the Columbia international defender returns for just 2m after failing to break into the Inter 1st team.

With key players Will Hughes and Isaac Success expressing a wish to further their careers last season Granada need to progress in order to keep hold of their best players.

Spoiler!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Give us more info about the leagues maybe?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Plenty of moves going on.

Agree with merk, it would be nice to have a recap on each team's season and how the players have got on.
    The Alphabet Game #3

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 3 Review;

Cup Glory for Watford!

The Pozzo's celebrated thier first trophy win thanks to a leage cup victory for Watford who also made the FA cup final.

In the league cup The Hornets punished an under strength Man Utd side in the final who had obviously prioritised the Champions League Quarter final just 3 days later. The Watford fans wont care a bit though as they celebrate their first win and the prospect of European football next season!

There was nearly an amazing cup double but the FA Cup final was lost to Chelsea.

Spoiler!

In the league a challenge for the top half faded as the fixtures piled up but the fans will note that once again some top sides were defeated home and away and better form against the bottom half sides would see big progress.

The Pozzo's will be delighted with the impact made by free transfer Salomon Rondon and also movers from Udinese Coeff and Torje who were 2 of only a handful of players to take any credit from the last 2 seasons in Italy. It proved a correct decision to allow them to play in the Premier League rather than Italy's 3rd tier.

With the signing of free agent Robin Van Persie after his release from Manchester United already confirmed the future looks bright as Watford take on Europe next season.

Spoiler!

Udinese Promoted!

Udinese will make an immediate return to Serie B after comfortably taking the C1/A title.

Spoiler!

The star man was a rejuvenated Colin Kazim-Richards who bagged an impressive 39 goals from 41 appearances. The Turkish international had failed to impress at Watford and was deemed surplus to requirements at Vicarage road but proved a point to his critics by tearing up Italy's 3rd tier. He is now determined to do the same next season and lead Udinese back to Serie A.

Spoiler!

Pain in Spain

Is it 2 steps forwards and 1 back though for the Pozzo's as Granada were relegated. With star players Will Hughes and Isaac Success demanding moves and even going on strike, ageing players and new youngsters alike not performing the Spaniards were unable to retain their top flight status. It is expected that Hughes and Success will get their wish to move and will be given the opportunity to play in Europe with Watford next season.

Last seasons big signing Leandro Damaio as well as other key players James Wilson, Ryo Myaichi and John Cordoba have been told they are going nowhere and are expected to regain promotion next season.

Asked how he saw a season of contrasts Giampaolo Pozzo told Sky Italia 'overall we are happy with the season, Watford have won a trophy and will play in Europe next season so they have made great progress from being favourites for relegation 3 years ago. They have signed Robin Van Persie for next season so that shows you the power Watford now has which will help our long term goals. Promotion for Udinese this year was vital and we have a strong squad to challenge again next season, if we can get Udinese into Serie A next season we should be in a very strong position both financially and in terms of having players already who can make an impact in Serie A. Relegation for Granada is sad but we understand we took some risks with players into the club and it is difficult when they have no B team, if we cannot move some players out it is difficult to bring new players in. We will keep key players at the club and continue to try and give exiting young players their chance at the club.'

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast