Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Golf

vCash

vCash
    Good (and expected) wildcards

Westy has bags of experience and will be one of the leaders of the group. Steady as fook as well which is good in foursomes

Kaymar found some form this year - again experience (think we have 4-5 rookies in team)

Pieters - know nothing about his but seems a form pick and won/performed well recently

vCash
    RIP you absolute legend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Jack's tribute

I just got the news at about 8:45 that Arnold had passed. I was shocked to hear that we lost a great friend—and that golf lost a great friend.
    At this point I don’t know what happened, and I suppose it is not important what happened. What is important is that we just lost one of the incredible people in the game of golf and in all of sports. My friend—many people’s friend—just wore out. I know he was in Pittsburgh trying to find out how to make himself better. That’s what Arnold has always tried to do. He has always been a fighter and he never gave up on anything. He didn’t give up even now. Maybe his body did, but I know Arnold’s will and spirit did not.

I wish I had another chance to talk to him, but I am so glad we talked a couple weeks ago on his birthday (Sept. 10), when he sounded great. So Barbara and I are just in shock and incredibly saddened. Our hearts, thoughts, prayers and sympathies go out to Kit, his kids, grand-kids, great grandchildren, and his entire loving family.
    He was one of my best friends, closest friends, and he was for a long, long time. I will miss him greatly.

Arnold transcended the game of golf. He was more than a golfer or even great golfer. He was an icon. He was a legend. Arnold was someone who was a pioneer in his sport. He took the game from one level to a higher level, virtually by himself. Along the way, he had millions of adoring fans—Barbara and I among them. We were great competitors, who loved competing against each other, but we were always great friends along the way. Arnold always had my back, and I had his. We were always there for each other. That never changed.

He was the king of our sport and always will be.

vCash
    Not watching it as away for a few days but 4-0 down after 1st session - WTF?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good afternoon session comeback

vCash
    5-3 ain't bad after that awful start.

vCash
    17-11.

We could talk this around in circles but, at the end of the day, too many guys just didn't cut it on the course. Every American scored at least a point, three of the European rookies and Lee Westwood didn't score even one. While Thomas Pieters looked an inspired captain's choice, Kaymer just didn't cut the mustard and lost all of his pairs matches. It was one of those Ryder Cups, like those in the 90s, when we had to take a lead into the final day to try to stave off the inevitable American charge. Given their worst player is probably Ryan Moore and he would probably be middle of the pack in our team, we were on a hiding to nothing. Either players need to get a lot better in two years or, at the very least, be able to hold their nerve, in a way that Andy Sullivan failed to do in the first session, losing a nip-and-tuck match by sticking the ball in the water.

I'm not sure how poorly history will judge Darren Clarke. Maybe he showed too much faith in old magic and old pairings to bring us through, maybe he freaks people out now he's skinny. Rose/Stenson won one of three. Garcia/Kaymer lost both matches they were together, while the old trick of sticking two Spaniards together with Garcia and Cabrera-Bello actually worked and got 1 1/2 points. However, I can't see how anybody could take this team to victory making so many errors. All in all, I'm surprised we even got to 11 points. Crowd didn't help, we weren't happy with the most obnoxious home crowd since Brookline. Could've kicked the whole lot off the course.

What really rankles is how self-congratulatory they'll be. Guys like Phil Mick don't do self-effacing. They won because they had the much better team.

vCash
    Deserved win for the US. Never seen so many putts go in for them

I have been away for weekend so not seen it (I sually take the Friday off and watch it all!) but first session was a shocker as weas the last. That was a killer IMO as we generally never perform well in the singles

Pieters and Cabrera Belo did great.

I think Willet has propoerly "done a leicester" - I do not watch much golf but whevere I see him this year he just seems to be struggling but that's maybe his level. I HUGE win and he's got RC spot.

Sully missed a wedge of putts today and good expereince for Fitzy but he's a kid.

We all know there is a minority of US fans that are dicks but for 6 rookies that would have been a tough into to RC for them

US team was very strong and deservedly won

vCash
    No golf for me for a while, good timing though with Masters on next weekend

vCash
    Ugh - broken finger?

Too much tugging your todger?

Tiger not playing in Masters

vCash

Golf

Fractured dislocation.

Fowler to win the masters if you are having a bet!

Been playing much redders?

vCash
    Not played for months but may go to range tomorrow

Got a 5 day golf holiday to Portugal in May so need to get some rounds in

vCash

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Welled up myself watching that, as much as I was gutted for Rose this kinda made up for it!

vCash
    I've obviously been jinxing Sergio because I back him every major, but forgot to do any bets on the Masters this time.

Glad he won though, wouldn't surprise me if the wins a 2nd major quickly, and hopefully I'll have a bet on him this time!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff - excellent final day at the Masters

Would LOVE to play that course

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.