Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Regens

vCash
    Nothing definitive. A suggestion that Bravery can change (maybe), but I haven't seen it change.

vCash
    I'm 100% certain that Balance, Bravery, and Flair remains the same when a player regens. And I believe there is a fourth visible att, but can't remember which one. Could be aggression.

vCash
    Thanks. That seems to be what I'm seeing too. And I've been though a few dozen regens and so far they all have the same dirtiness too.

vCash
    And injury proneness, i think

vCash
    Oh is that right? That could be worth making a note of too. Thanks.

vCash
    You're quite right. I just checked about 10 regens and all had the same Injury Proneness.

vCash
    Just answering my own question here... Bryan Roy who has 0 for Aggression, Balance, Bravery, and Flair in the database, got assigned 3/14/4/16 on game creation and his regen came back with 3/14/4/16 also.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inipi For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cheers mate, I suspected that would be the case but werent 100% about it.

vCash

Regen nationality change

I'm interested to know if any rules have ever been established regarding what nationality regens come back as. They usually stay the same I know, but occasionally change. I've seen Balakov change from Bulgarian to Bosnian. Yeboah from Ghana to Macedonian. Zamorano from Chile to Malawian. Amongst others. Thinking about it I think I've only ever seen a change that was from a nation with status Developed/Developing to a nation with status Developed/Developing. So might that be a rule? Has anybody ever seen a developed nation switch? ta

vCash
    There is a good thread here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...ghlight=regens about regens, not sure it touches on Nationalities though although I know it has been discussed somewhere on the forum. I think the main countries 99.9% regen to the same country where playrs from lesser nations regen as if its random!

vCash
    Guys, how can one find out if a regen is any old player in particular who has come back from the dead?

Also, I'm a bit of a newbie at long term saves--do all teams get regens? Can I expect regens to appear at my club? IS there a particular date?

Thanks!

vCash
    Footedness (LEFT/RIGHT/EITHER) also stays the same, as does dirtyness

The only way to guarantee working out who a regen is is to take a save right at the start of a new game and you can then use all sorts of tools to work out who they were or now are
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    GPF2 is the best, run it as soon as you load a game, give it a few months and the run GPF

vCash
    i have GK editor which seems to have a regen finder section to it. is it just a case of putting an old player onto the region list and waiting?

vCash
    Alwways wondered how that worked, just tried again now and cant make head nor tail of it. GPF2 is awesome

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Alwways wondered how that worked, just tried again now and cant make head nor tail of it. GPF2 is awesome
    what is GPF2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    what is GPF2?
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...?do=file&id=25

vCash
    and this finds regens? so, when steven gerrard retires, it'll find the player that is his regen?

vCash
    I am sure thats what it says in the link I gave you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    I am sure thats what it says in the link I gave you!
    it does, but i was just checking because i naturally assume that i don't understand most of the stuff that goes on around here.

vCash
    It will find regens, but you have to run it BEFORE the people retire.

So when you first run it, it makes a copy of the database. From then on it will find regens whenever you run it. It won't be able to find Stevie Gerrard's regen in a save where he has already retired.
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    It will find regens, but you have to run it BEFORE the people retire.

So when you first run it, it makes a copy of the database. From then on it will find regens whenever you run it. It won't be able to find Stevie Gerrard's regen in a save where he has already retired.
    fair enough. he hasn't retired yet so i'll run it soon. thanks.

vCash

A little with regens ?

I have stopped playing this game for a while due to the fact that i think regens spoil the game and i prefer the newgen system, im wanting to go back playing this again but one thing is stopping me and that is the regen system which i want to ask about.

I know regens are just retired players who regenerate and that is why im put off because they retire and come back as a different name.
    The question is do they always turn out like there past player or can they turn out crap, take for example Neuer best keeper in the world if he was to retire does this mean his regen will be the same as him and be best in world ? this is wat puts me off tbh.

Cheers for any help

vCash
    If the retiring player has a set PA in the editor then yes his regen will also have the same PA. That doesn't necessarily mean he will turn out to be as good but it is more than likely.

The update team have given quite a lot of players, including those at the latter stages of their career, -2 as a PA to give the game a bit more randomness and make it more enjoyable.

Also think Tapani was looking in to an idea of adding newgens to the game through a patch but whether he is still working on that I don't know

vCash
    Thanks so would it still be worth giving it another go, i really hope tapani does add newgens

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast