Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Watched season 2 recently also - awesome

Onto series 3!

This show has definatly become my all time favourite show, pushing HIMYM out of the spot. Shame to see the Showrunner/Creator got pushed out so i reckon Season 4 of 13 eps will be crap. Ep 20 of S3 is amazing as well. Has Gus Fring (Breaking Bad) in it as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klosec12 View Post
    This show has definatly become my all time favourite show, pushing HIMYM out of the spot. Shame to see the Showrunner/Creator got pushed out so i reckon Season 4 of 13 eps will be crap. Ep 20 of S3 is amazing as well. Has Gus Fring (Breaking Bad) in it as well
    Seen all the episodes now, and looks set that the fourth season is going to be there last - was always supposed to be a four season show anyway, and does give hints to an particular story arc going into the new series, much like the last season of Chuck did, but i hope it is one that is used throughout the season after being built upon instead of just shown throughout a couple of episodes - like in Chuck (still haven't see the last couple of episodes due to fandom lol). I think the showrunner gone, it really is gonna be the last nail in the hed, but i hope they have kept the same majority of writer to ensure that the same feel is still there, i know 'Starburns' who was an actor/writer has left with some regular directors.

vCash
    Watching the 1st/2nd season(s) of How I MeT Your Mother - aweosme

vCash
    New girl and the walking dead are class

vCash
    since you all recommended, I just downloaded the first 2 episodes of new girl and watched it with my gf.

not bad. quite funny at times.

vCash
    Just finished Season 1 of new girl. Thought it was fucking hilarious. Smit is a legend, similar in stature to Barney from HIMYM

Roll on Season 2
    Last edited by Fods; 04-06-12 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Just finished Season 1 of new girl. Thought it was fucking hilarious. Smith is a legend, similar in stature to Barney from HIMYM

Roll on Season 2
    up to episode 10 or 12 now. absolutely hilarious indeed. love the douchebag jar love schmidtie also

vCash
    OH. DEAR. GOD!!!

Look how many likes/dislikes the vid has!

vCash
    Total shit

vCash
    The made a good job of copying the British version then.

I hate to even call that shit comedy. Oh look how rude they are isn't that funny. The most basic comedy writing I've ever seen in my life.

vCash
    Please tell me you liked the english version of The Inbetweeners...

If not GTFO

vCash
    No I didn't. It takes more then people talking about rude things to make me laugh. Maybe cause I left school some time ago.

Basic comedy that takes no effort to write. I hate to even use the term comedy for it tbh.

vCash
    You amaze me...

vCash
    Jeez, to say that looks appalling is a monumental understatement! Why Americans have this insistence on remaking our shows I will never understand. I'm yet to see a single one that wasn't awful! Coupling was so bad it got cancelled before even the first series was complete, Red Dwarf was so cringe-worthy that it didn't even make it beyond a pilot, apparently they even tried to make their own version of Fawlty Towers, and then tried to improve it by killing of the equivalent Basil Fawlty character! I can't comment on The Office because I haven't really seen it properly, though I am well aware that it's run for far longer than the original ever did, and then of course there's Top Gear USA and Shameless USA, both of which are just soulless carbon copies of the originals, and truly, truly shite!

How long before Misfits is the next to be ripped off? Apparently they've only just started showing the original version of it over there, so I dare say someone will jump on it fairly quickly, as is the obligatory way. Also, on a related note, has anyone on here seen Episodes? I thought it was an excellent 2 series (so far) and is a brilliant swipe at this kind of American remaking obsession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudiator View Post
    Jeez, to say that looks appalling is a monumental understatement! Why Americans have this insistence on remaking our shows I will never understand. I'm yet to see a single one that wasn't awful! Coupling was so bad it got cancelled before even the first series was complete, Red Dwarf was so cringe-worthy that it didn't even make it beyond a pilot, apparently they even tried to make their own version of Fawlty Towers, and then tried to improve it by killing of the equivalent Basil Fawlty character! I can't comment on The Office because I haven't really seen it properly, though I am well aware that it's run for far longer than the original ever did, and then of course there's Top Gear USA and Shameless USA, both of which are just soulless carbon copies of the originals, and truly, truly shite!

How long before Misfits is the next to be ripped off? Apparently they've only just started showing the original version of it over there, so I dare say someone will jump on it fairly quickly, as is the obligatory way. Also, on a related note, has anyone on here seen Episodes? I thought it was an excellent 2 series (so far) and is a brilliant swipe at this kind of American remaking obsession.
    I think Shameless USA is actually different from the rest and is quite good, chnaging certain elements, but i do agree that they need to change things around if they are going to actually try and break these shows over across the pond. The Office was like a totally different show compared to the original, from what i have seen, but i think it is more down to the writers the companies decide to bring in rather then them saying 'this was big in the UK, let's milk it and make it better for over here!' I have always wanted to watched Episodes, haven't done so far - will do though!

vCash
    Episodes is quality.
    Matt le Blanc does very well in that!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd like to see that red dwarf pilot.

Weren't they supposed to be making a new series of that, the english one of course?

vCash
    So who loves Breaking Bad. so fucking Awesome. Walter White is the bossman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    I'd like to see that red dwarf pilot.

Weren't they supposed to be making a new series of that, the english one of course?
    Careful what you wish for!
    Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Picture quality's pretty poor, but that's to be expected I guess. I make no apologies though if the acting in this is so bad it makes your eyes bleed! You've seen it, you can't un-see it!

vCash
    thanks.

I'll check them out later when I get time.

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Episodes is quality.
    Matt le Blanc does very well in that!
    I agree. very dryly humorous series.

I know it aired last year (the 2nd series) but Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle is probably the best thing on TV.

vCash
    Episodes is wank...

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudiator View Post

Americans don't like foreign shows.... they like to pretend they are the only country in the world so they remake things with their actors and their places and their accents.... makes it easier for them to relate to

and I've never seen the original UK version of Being Human but my wife and I have been watching the US version and it is decent, unlike the US versions of most UK shows....

vCash
    Is Anger Management any good?

vCash
    i laughed a couple of times when i watched it..

but its not a clever comedy..

More obvious and slap stick.

but still funny in places.

I'd give it a 5.0 out of 10...

IMDB give it 6.1
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/

Best scene..

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast