Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 61676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2017

Thread: Offsets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Sometimes I can hesitate to incorporate something since I do not know if a suggested change is something someone has done for their own enjoyment, or if it is a change that has happened in real life. Good if someone else points out which ones to add :-)

See below for an example of a such change where I do not know if this is IRL or not.

Adding promotion/relegation to/from outside a league system is doable, but not easily. There are a few leagues where that has been added.
    Is this a change in the real world Scottish league, or just something for fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    This one is just for fun
    Oh I do disagree, this is not a work of Jeffrey Archer, no this was introduced in Scotland - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32632884 & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti..._league_system

Until recently Scottish football had no pyramid league system, and as a result it was near impossible for clubs at the bottom of the system to progress to the top, or for weak clubs to be relegated down the leagues. Progress towards creating a pyramid system began in 2008 under the tenure of Scottish Football Association (SFA) chief executive Gordon Smith, with discussions between the SFA and the regional and junior leagues.[2] and on 7 May 2013 Scottish Premier League clubs unanimously agreed on the introduction of a pyramid structure to Scottish football along with the reintroduction of a single governing body for all 42 senior clubs, a revised financial distribution model, and the possibility of a promotion/relegation play-off between the top two divisions.

Basically Montrose won the play off in the summer to remain in Scottish leagues but this season the bottom team might not be so lucky.

...but in terms of priority for a new patch, way down list I would of thought.
    Last edited by Cam F; 07-10-15 at 01:46 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Did not know about the relegation

Would make it a more interesting league to play with that in there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Did not know about the relegation

Would make it a more interesting league to play with that in there
    95% of all career games in 17 years of CM3 series start in there for me.

That's where the happening place is for me, then England and either Spain or Italy. Only other place I often go to is MLS but always have the odd random country where if approached I will go or if I fancy something different.

Northern Ireland springs to mind, had a good few seasons there recently before leaving for England when approached by Brentford.

vCash
    this offsets posted by saturn are true gold...never swapp japan because that stupid rule of extra time in case of a draw...now,there is one more handy country useful for patching...
    and yes,i would be more than pleased to see relegation in Scottish 3rd div... awaiting new Tapani patch...

vCash
    I take it back, this would be amazing if added to the latest patch.

To think you could create your local amateur side in CM then watch as they entered the 3 division to the take them to champions league glory would be amazeballs.

vCash
    Amen to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I take it back, this would be amazing if added to the latest patch.

To think you could create your local amateur side in CM then watch as they entered the 3 division to the take them to champions league glory would be amazeballs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno View Post
    Hi, I am using 2.20.1, all leagues selected.
    There are more teams which promote to below leagues than relegation to lower league. Is there any offset solution about this ? I tried some offsets , but could not solve.
    Thank you
    French National (4 relegate from this league, 8 promote to this league)
    Danish Second (4 relegate from this league, 6 promote to this league)
    Norwegian First (4 relegate from this league, 8 promote to this league)
    Interesting find, deserves a bit of discussion in the 2.20 thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash

Offsets for Merge

tapani, mark let me use this area to copy all the relevant posts of the offset thread i promised.

i'm going to do this while i can't update the db, so i think this may take a while

i will eventually tidy the thread up cause it's a mess as it is now

vCash
    I wish I could create the Argentina Cup and improve first division currently includes 30 teams . also change the cup Mercosur 12 years ago that no longer exists and replace the Copa Sudamericana

Please, thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodry97 View Post
    I wish I could create the Argentina Cup and improve first division currently includes 30 teams . also change the cup Mercosur 12 years ago that no longer exists and replace the Copa Sudamericana

Please, thank you!
    Tapani may well include all this in his new patch, watch this space!

vCash
    I hope it is that way

vCash

Please, thank you!
    With this kind of description there is no chance I can do anything. The minimum is to let me know exactly what needs to be changed. And explain what changes are in real life (it has happened some has suggested changes for "fun", that are not real, and I have gone and added them... see Croatian league in 3.xx patches)
    I really do not follow any football, so I have no idea what the differences between "Cup Mercosur 12 years ago" and "Copa Sudamericana".

Changing the number of teams in a league is a lot of hassle. While a patch can change the game to expect X teams in a league, it cannot magically know which teams belong to what league. This is a lot of database work.

vCash
    i think argentine top division is also something short living to be bothered with, from wikipedia:

In November 2014, the AFA announced the format for the next five seasons of the Primera División:[17]

- From February to December 2015, the league will be contested between thirty teams. Two teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- In the first half of 2016, the league will be contested between thirty teams. Three teams will be relegated to and one team will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2016 to June 2017, the league will be contested between twenty-eight teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2017 to June 2018, the league will be contested between twenty-six teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2018 to June 2019, the league will be contested between twenty-four teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

vCash
    TAPANI...

Primera división argentina (30 teams) in 2001. 20 teams

Aldosivi, argentinos, arsenal de sarandi, Banfield, Belgrano, boca, central, Chicago, colon, crucero, Def y justicia, estudiantes LP, gimnasia LP, godoy cruz, huracán, independiente, lanus, newells, olímpo, quilmes, racing, Rafaela, river, san lorenzo, san martín sj, sarmiento, temperley, tigre, unión, velez.

The championship starts in February and ends in November. played 30 dates. all play against each and an extra time against arch-rivals.

vCash
    Arch-rivals

Boca - River
    Independiente - racing
    San lorenzo - huracán
    Colon - unión
    Central - newells
    Banfield - lanus
    Estudiantes LP - gimnasia LP
    Aldosivi - olímpo
    Def y justicia - quilmes
    Rafaela - Belgrano
    Argentinos - velez
    Chicago - tigre
    Godoy cruz - san martín sj
    Arsenal de sarandi - temperley
    Sarmiento j - crucero

with rival classic two games are played per tournament. one visitor and one local. two teams descend and ascend two from the second division. promotion no longer exists

vCash
    wtf ffs?!

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    i think argentine top division is also something short living to be bothered with, from wikipedia:

In November 2014, the AFA announced the format for the next five seasons of the Primera División:[17]

- From February to December 2015, the league will be contested between thirty teams. Two teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- In the first half of 2016, the league will be contested between thirty teams. Three teams will be relegated to and one team will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2016 to June 2017, the league will be contested between twenty-eight teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2017 to June 2018, the league will be contested between twenty-six teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

- From August 2018 to June 2019, the league will be contested between twenty-four teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to djole2mcloud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo

TAPANI...

Primera división argentina (30 teams)

The championship starts in February and ends in November. played 30 dates. all play against each and an extra time against arch-rivals.
    What I see about the Argentine league ... the mess in your league is beyond words. Not going to touch it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Too bad ... if the organization is a disaster. thank you anyway.

vCash
    What's the plan for when they get down to 24 teams? Double round robin? That might be easier to implement.

vCash
    I honestly do not know, do not know or the leaders themselves ...

vCash
    Can you create the under-20 world championship?

vCash
    Yeah that would be great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Serginho View Post
    Yeah that would be great!
    Highly unlikely, they can't create new competitions, only convert existing competitions into something else so wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for it.

vCash
    and just in case i think u21 euro champ comes first

vCash
    Merconorte cup can be used for U-21 championship as this cup is not in real life any more. In 2.21 beta , it is closed also as it causes game crash because of USA MLS league as Tapani say. Tapani can help to convert it .