Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major League Soccer

vCash

Major League Soccer

I'm surprised we haven't got a thread for this yet, especially after all the hype surrounding the start of the current season.

Sky Sports is full of coverage over Gerrard and Lampard gearing up for their debuts for LA Galaxy and New York City respectively.

I imagine they'll settle straight into it?

Pirlo too has joined New York City this week who also have David Villa on the books!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash

vCash
    Am I supposed to say soccer now?

Could you find a bigger picture?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Could you find a bigger picture?

I couldn't find a smaller one

vCash
    Maybe change it to Major League Soccer, everyone who see's the thread will think NFL

vCash
    Meh, first time I've ever used the word soccer
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Trust in KliNsmann creaTed one diDnt t which WaS subsequently DeLeTeD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think that one was the national team though, got merged with international football.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I used to be a great lover and advocate of MLS in general, though my frustration with the league means my interest has dwindled to just my team, San Jose. Gold Cup at the moment so everybody's a little short-handed. The Quakes are in a run of derbies and rivalries though. Beat Seattle away, beat LA at Stanford Stadium in the California Clasico and then lost to them at home in the US Open Cup. Then another loss to Portland away. Now it's Houston at home, which isn't as tasty as it once was but they're still the team that was stolen from the Bay. Then it's down to LA for another clasico. There's also two friendlies, one against Club America and another against Man United. They wonder why these players get knackered.
    Last edited by faz44; 09-07-15 at 01:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Trust in KliNsmann creaTed one diDnt t which WaS subsequently DeLeTeD
    lol

I've actually never watched an entire MLS game before...should I?

vCash
    If you're an American, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    If you're an American, yes.
    I support the USMNT but there is no local MLS team for me to support so I'll probably wait until the quality of play improves a bit.

vCash
    I feel I can get a Gerrard shirt now he doesn't play for the reds

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Only played 45 minutes on his debut, didn't he? I read that Robbie Keane outshone him

Meanwhile, Lampard didn't make his debut due to an injury!
    The Alphabet Game #3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_In_Klinsmann View Post
    I support the USMNT but there is no local MLS team for me to support so I'll probably wait until the quality of play improves a bit.
    A "quality of play" wanker. I understand.

vCash
    I am actually really enjoying watching the mls at the moment, i find it very refreshing
    Kinda rekindles my love of football when i see some of the games over the pond.
    I think it is because the mls is so many things that the football we get rammed down our throat over here isn't.

Love watching wee Giovinco
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Who are the nearest teams to you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    I am actually really enjoying watching the mls at the moment, i find it very refreshing
    Kinda rekindles my love of football when i see some of the games over the pond.
    I think it is because the mls is so many things that the football we get rammed down our throat over here isn't.

Love watching wee Giovinco

Didn't he bang in a hat trick and they still didn't win?!

Think the non "stars" in MLS teams are on something like 30k a year so thy aint doing it for the money - might have to tune into some games. Some of the crowds are pretty decent as well are they not - e.g Portland/Seattle?

vCash
    think it ended up 4-4 mate,
    there is just something different about it, prob a mixture of all the diff abilities etc? I really do enjoy it. No emphasis on defensive tactics "lets just not get beat" as teams just go for it games in the epl etc seem to be so sterile these days? might be just me but last season was tedious in that lge to the point for the first time in years i stopped watching it as the product was shite [despite the hype and the players at their disposal]

i have said it before but you sometimes come away from watching a non lge scottish game [or english i supppose] with a feeling of just having seen a real game of football where both teams give 100% and just fucking go for it, you know.

the top leagues are so far removed from that just now it is quite sad imo, and it is only going to get worse. I often listen to players from the 60's etc talking about how all teams in the league had 4 or 5 top players and all the stories they tell about how football was a real game back then and feel sad that i missed out on that era 60's to 80's.
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Yeah, pick a team that are closest to you and then keep us updated on their progress
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I really need to start following it a bit more. Stoke had links with Orlando City when they were known as Austin Aztecs as our former director Phil Rawlins got them started over there with ex-Stokie Adrian Heath being their manager. They've since added Lewis Neal, Brek Shea and Martin Paterson to their squad. Even Tony Pulis's son Anthony is a coach there.

Meanwhile, the MLS All Star game against Tottenham will feature Lampard and Gerrard: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...all-star-squad
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Tottenham are bloody putting in some miles this off season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    I hate the all-star format so much. Adding in Lampard and Gerrard, who haven't played, just makes it worse. I'm an MLS 1.0 grumpus though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Chicago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast