Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everything there is to know about training - by The Eejit

vCash
    Does motivating not keep player morale higher on average during the course of a season? I always imagined it did.

vCash
    the description of what it does is very vague. I expect you are right, motivation makes players have higher morale, higher morale means they perform and train better, it makes sense, but It does not explicitely state this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

Sam

vCash
    Even after all these years i'm still a noob when it comes to training & can't be arsed reading 25 pages of training tips so always stuck to my usual training schedules but anyway I still did but read this page - http://champman2002.stormpages.com/training.htm and then changed my coaches to the below and boom what a difference in my players developing

vCash
    cam, did you also use the training show in the page or just the distribution of coaches?
    thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno1982 View Post
    cam, did you also use the training show in the page or just the distribution of coaches?
    thanks
    I didn't get what he meant, he wrote that the 8 point-rule is quite good but isn't his own schedule at like 10 points? Since I've always done the same with my training I'm also very thankful for any advice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno1982 View Post
    thanks
    Just the distribution of coaches.

vCash
    Very interesting surveys here. I had no idea about it, I was in the dark for all those years regarding training Thank you Patinoz for showing us the light

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    The way to judge whether a low-rep coach is good is pretty simple actually.

You set the staff search screen to attributes and filter the following 8 so you can see only them: coaching outfield, coaching keepers, judging ability, judging potential, motivating, man handling, physiotherapy and tactics. Then you sort their man handling or motivation atts from lowest to highest. (Or tactics, or judging ability/potential, basically anything that's not coaching player/keepers.) What you're looking for is a coach whose coaching outfield and/or keeper atts stand out from the rest. For example, 4s, 5s or 6s for the irrelevant ones and a 9 or a 10 for one or two of the coaching atts. A coach with a combination of 4s, 5s or 6s + 9s or 10s (or more) has those 9s or 10s very high. It wouldn't matter if they don't add up to 50, because their intrinsic values are very high.

Generally, look for a difference of at least 3 between the irrelevent atts and the coaching atts and a low average for those filtered atts, let's say not much more than 7
    I'm trying to get my head around this post but keep failing.

Can someone please explain? Thanks

vCash
    This is excellent work Patinoz, learned a lot reading through all of your posts!
    However, after reading through all this posts I still couldn't find an answer to something I've discovered in all of my games for as long as I can remember. It's about the jumping skill, I wrote something about it in an earlier version of this CM0102 site, but didn't get any good answers I'm afraid. The "magic" number is 14... When a player starts a new game with 14 at jumping, it's very hard to improve this. I like all of my DC to have at least 15 at jumping, that's how I discovered this. So I decided to explore this during two seasons on holiday mode. The players I chose for this test:
    Phil Jones, Yanga-Mbiwa, Juan Forlin, Luis Gustavo, Agger, Lescott, Jagielka, Steven Taylor, Koscielny, Dante, Heitinga, Bartra, Astori, Huth and Senderos.
    All these players starts with 14 at jumping with the Septemer 2012 update. They all have at least PA 150 and it should be possible for some of these players to improve their jumping skill. After the first season only Forlin, Senderos and Astori managed to reach 15 at jumping. After two seasons nothing changed, Forlin, Astori and Senderos still are the only players with 15 at jumping. The rest of the players I mentioned remains at 14. After two seasons they should improve more than that based on your research in this thread. I've tried different training schedules but it doesn't solve the jumping skill issue for me. Have you noticed this when you tested different training methods?

English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for mistakes ... Anyway, I hope you understand what I mean. I'm really curious to find out if someone else has discovered the same issue.

vCash
    Sooooo....... The Tsigalko vs RVN thread taught us about key "skill" attributes and Trip's list on the "Good Players on ODB" thread showed us that one single attribute at a high level (of the skill variety) could (with some good/reasonable physical and mental stats) make a great player and other skill attributes at a higher level will make the player less effective (for example a striker with good off the ball stat - say "18" and a low tackling stat say "5" will perform better than the a striker with the same number "18" and with a higher tackling attribute - say "15")

With this excellent thread also in mind :

"Fitness : Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes
    Shooting : Finishing and Long Shots
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique
    Tactics : Decisions, Marking, Off the Ball, Positioning and Teamwork
    Goalkeeping : Handling

Aggresion, Anticipation, Balance, Bravery, Creativity, Determination, Flare, Influence and Work Rate as well as all the hidden attributes are not affected by any training. Some may change over time, but this would be outside of any training regime."

How could you best train a player to keep the good areas "good" and stop the poor areas improving.
    Last edited by 1369phil; 08-09-13 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    confused...

Can anyone explain this in a basic way? I read somewhere that you shouldn't assign a coach to more than 2 or 3 (max) schedules & that the default schedules work fine but the posts here seam to suggest otherwise?

What is the 50 point thing all about? is it just literally making sure that your coaches abilities for each type (fitness, tactics, shooting, skills & keeper) is not above 50?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez7 View Post
    confused...

Can anyone explain this in a basic way? I read somewhere that you shouldn't assign a coach to more than 2 or 3 (max) schedules & that the default schedules work fine but the posts here seam to suggest otherwise?

What is the 50 point thing all about? is it just literally making sure that your coaches abilities for each type (fitness, tactics, shooting, skills & keeper) is not above 50?
    What I disproved was the theory that coaches should only be assigned to a maximum of 3 schedules. What you want, for any schedule, is to have the sum of the coaches outfield attributes to be 50. Any more and they are being wasted.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    What I disproved was the theory that coaches should only be assigned to a maximum of 3 schedules. What you want, for any schedule, is to have the sum of the coaches outfield attributes to be 50. Any more and they are being wasted.
    Thank you sir - Now i get it!!

vCash
    Amazing research work here! Has anyone done a similar investigation on the intensity level of training?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    Coaches should only be assigned to 3 schedules …. Fact or fiction ?

Can I just clarify something here... do you have your x-axis backwards?

Because that graph says that the more schedules you give each coach, the better impact it has on your players.

So... basically... spreading your coaches out over 5 schedules has a better effect on player improvement than having 1 coach per schedule... which can't possibly make sense?

Sorry - I don't mean to sound like I'm criticising - this article is great, and really really helpful. I just want to make sure I understand it properly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1369phil View Post
    Sooooo....... The Tsigalko vs RVN thread taught us about key "skill" attributes and Trip's list on the "Good Players on ODB" thread showed us that one single attribute at a high level (of the skill variety) could (with some good/reasonable physical and mental stats) make a great player and other skill attributes at a higher level will make the player less effective (for example a striker with good off the ball stat - say "18" and a low tackling stat say "5" will perform better than the a striker with the same number "18" and with a higher tackling attribute - say "15")

With this excellent thread also in mind :

"Fitness : Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes
    Shooting : Finishing and Long Shots
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique
    Tactics : Decisions, Marking, Off the Ball, Positioning and Teamwork
    Goalkeeping : Handling

Aggresion, Anticipation, Balance, Bravery, Creativity, Determination, Flare, Influence and Work Rate as well as all the hidden attributes are not affected by any training. Some may change over time, but this would be outside of any training regime."

How could you best train a player to keep the good areas "good" and stop the poor areas improving.
    Simply put, you can't. By improving a player's dribbling, you also increase their tackling. By improving their movement, you also improve positioning and marking. If you can find a 16 year old defensive player with reasonable defensive skills but atrocious attacking skills, you can create a half-decent defender. Irrespective, I love your post, it sums up what you can and can't achieve with coaching in the game. My research on coaching was a dead-end but it's a very random part of the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentEves View Post
    Can I just clarify something here... do you have your x-axis backwards?

Because that graph says that the more schedules you give each coach, the better impact it has on your players.

So... basically... spreading your coaches out over 5 schedules has a better effect on player improvement than having 1 coach per schedule... which can't possibly make sense?

Sorry - I don't mean to sound like I'm criticising - this article is great, and really really helpful. I just want to make sure I understand it properly!
    It is about 3 years since I wrote this stuff and quite honestly I'm buggered if I can remember what I was trying to prove. I've read that section several times and I think that you are right. Either the axis is the wrong way round or it should be number of coaches per schedule. Anyway, I'm sure that you get the gist of it.

vCash
    Eejit, don't know if you've posted...but, can you please show the schedule that normally you use?
    thank you

vCash
    Actually, I ignore most of what I said. I have all coaches doing everything and have schedules with one routine on intensive and the others on medium. I then put players in the category depending on the attributes I want to improve.

So, if I have a striker that needs to improve his heading, I would put him in the intensive skill group. A midfielder that needs better teamwork goes into intensive tactics.

To do it right, you would need to keep reviewing and changing all the time and I'm too lazy to get that worked up about it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Actually, I ignore most of what I said. I have all coaches doing everything and have schedules with one routine on intensive and the others on medium. I then put players in the category depending on the attributes I want to improve.

So, if I have a striker that needs to improve his heading, I would put him in the intensive skill group. A midfielder that needs better teamwork goes into intensive tactics.

To do it right, you would need to keep reviewing and changing all the time and I'm too lazy to get that worked up about it.
    This is exactly what I do for the same reason with one correction:

for goalkeeping: goalkeeping INTensive, shooting NONE, the rest goes MEDium

other areas: main routine INTensive respectively (fit for fit, skill for skill etc.); goalkeeping NONE and the rest MEDium.

Since giving more than 3 areas of training doesn't actually tire your coaches down, you can order them to train everybody on everything. It's a waste, because in every area you'll be probably much over 50, but since it does no harm either, who cares?

Great work, Eejit! Thanks a lot!

vCash
    I should add that teenagers who are not part of the first team squad get intensive everything. Sort out the men from the boys !

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    the reason I ask is because i'm giving medium on everything except is shooting and goalkeeping wich is none, believe it or not i'm having green numbers in every areas...
    also, is just me or after some years the opponent always have a super keeper? in every game the opponent keeper as 9 and 10's...

thanks eejit

vCash
    Apropos of nothing, I always set fitness and goalkeeping to high as the only two goalkeeping attributes you can affect are handling and reflexes.

vCash
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet,
    when you retrain positions for a particular player, it shifts the focus of his attributes quicker (along with the correct intensive training)

For instance, in the previous update I retrained Frimpong as a DR, it turned him into a 20's superfreak in less than 6 months, with high averages at DR and super averages at DMC

Another obvious impression from playing the game for years (and I believe anyone knows this) is players 16-20 improve more at the turn of the season if they have had a lot of games. Players with no games usually don't improve and even become decrepit, but there are exceptions, some players' attributes will fly higher and higher in short periods and only with training (possibly the guys with more potential)

vCash

Funny results

I am currently playing English league with 4-0-3-1-2 tactic(no wib/wob), no real players and with young undeveloped team.Therefore it is not a problem to score a goal, but not to concede one every time opponent shoot at my goal.After four games and four wins, goal difference is 19:10, most goals scored, but also most conceded.
    I don't know how to attach picture in this forum?
    Last edited by Profa; 28-03-14 at 12:17 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Profa For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast