Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Surprised there isn't more reaction in here after that brutal episode!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Yeah, I wasn't that shocked, more disappointed. Episode lacked credibilty I felt, and pace above all. There was way too much focus on Rick's inability to act or decide.

Also, what really bothered me, the scene where Rick ventures into a whole bunch of walkers, unarmed, and survives by shoving them, seemed kinda dumb to me. These walkers are supposed to be creepy, scary, hungry and notorious killers. Usually when you get into a fight with two or three, you'd be dead. Now Rick takes on forty and just shoves them about. Kinda devaluates the terror they are supposed to impose.

So yeah, apart from the 'surprise' I was unimpressed.

No spoilers needed

vCash
    I don't know - I kind of liked the way they did it, because the comic books are all about how Rick gets on in Zombie world so it kind of makes sense to do it from his viewpoint. It also kept up the suspense for as long as possible to keep you hooked.

Kind of called it that 2 people would end up dying, expected a certain arm to get chopped off as well.

Missus was in floods of tears I reckon Daryl will take on the public's wrath now...
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't that shocked, more disappointed. Episode lacked credibilty I felt, and pace above all. There was way too much focus on Rick's inability to act or decide.

Also, what really bothered me, the scene where Rick ventures into a whole bunch of walkers, unarmed, and survives by shoving them, seemed kinda dumb to me. These walkers are supposed to be creepy, scary, hungry and notorious killers. Usually when you get into a fight with two or three, you'd be dead. Now Rick takes on forty and just shoves them about. Kinda devaluates the terror they are supposed to impose.

So yeah, apart from the 'surprise' I was unimpressed.

No spoilers needed
    Thanks mate, I look forward to the scene where Rick walks into 40 walkers and shoves them about and comes out without a bit! Ta

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    They are shambling corpses and he just needs to get up on the roof.... a few shoves is fine.... they were spread out enough

and it was all about Rick's inability..... this episode was about breaking him as the leader and showing him that there is a new boss... make him feel completely helpless and useless.... and it succeeded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Thanks mate, I look forward to the scene where Rick walks into 40 walkers and shoves them about and comes out without a bit! Ta
    owww, sorry Fods.

Did I mention he did got bit in the end?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    owww, sorry Fods.

Did I mention he did got bit in the end?
    Just don't tell him about the part where Carl kills Negan.... that would be too much of a spoiler....

vCash
    Oh yes. I'll also keep quiet on Darryl getting butchered with his own Bow. Ill not spoil a thing!

vCash
    You forgot Michonne having her own head cut off with her own sword
    The Alphabet Game #3

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    vCash
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Ha ha I've just started season 6 so long way to go. Don't believe any of you

vCash
    Looks like the focus is back on the main group now after a couple of episodes to bring in new characters. Still not quite sure how Rick and co. will get out of this pickle with Negan!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I believe we will see a melting of groups or at least a partnering up, because cinematographically this is taking way too long. Viewers lose sight of time passed, there is a distinct lack of interaction and in general a lack of direction.

vCash
    I get the feeling it'll start to heat up a bit now. I know what you mean, but they've a habit of doing these sort of episodes to bring in new characters and add some backstory to them.

That seems to be the only way they could possibly get out alive, to merge with other groups and hit back. Rick needs to get his mentality back too.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I was going to say similar AJ, I think I'm gonna let them build up on the box and then watch them, as waiting a week to watch yet another episode where nothing happens is getting on my nerves. I know there can't be death and action every week but the last couple weeks have been a slog, we know Rick has been broken by Negan but we don't need constant reminders with no hint of him fighting back.

We're also 7 seasons in and there's still no end site, when Eugene came on the scene saying he had the cure I thought at last there's an end goal, but when that turned out to be rubbish it just became the same, moving from one place to the next and running into a different group of people each time that want to kill them.

vCash
    I think a teaming up of the different groups and Rick getting back to how he was to take on Negan is inevitable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I was going to say similar AJ, I think I'm gonna let them build up on the box and then watch them, as waiting a week to watch yet another episode where nothing happens is getting on my nerves. I know there can't be death and action every week but the last couple weeks have been a slog, we know Rick has been broken by Negan but we don't need constant reminders with no hint of him fighting back.

We're also 7 seasons in and there's still no end site, when Eugene came on the scene saying he had the cure I thought at last there's an end goal, but when that turned out to be rubbish it just became the same, moving from one place to the next and running into a different group of people each time that want to kill them.
    I completely agree - I prefer to watch TV shows in full from start to finish but am forced to watched these episodes as the GF makes me watch them. Not that I don't mind but making a point of watching it once a week is getting boring.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    yeah, the once-a-week thing sucks. I've watched seasons 1-6 in one session of about a week.

It does, however, give me the opportunity to visit a certain female friend once a week, to watch together

vCash

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh! Hardly romantic though Bet she was in tears after the opening episode!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Yep. And I loved every minute of it. Episode and crying

vCash
    Watched this week's episode last night.

What an utter cock that Gregory is... For some reason I don't remember much about him from the last series (still in series 4 in 'catching up' with TWD but still jumping forward to these episodes when they are released ).

I'd forgotten all about Jesus too. Got a bad feeling that he/Carl are not going to come out looking for Negan very well.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Watched this week's episode last night.

What an utter cock that Gregory is... For some reason I don't remember much about him from the last series (still in series 4 in 'catching up' with TWD but still jumping forward to these episodes when they are released ).

I'd forgotten all about Jesus too. Got a bad feeling that he/Carl are not going to come out looking for Negan very well.
    Carl being held captive by Negan may be enough to get Rick unfucked, and saving Jesus may get the Hillies to chip in. I'd say shit is looking grim for Negan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast